Why am I...

Damaged Heart

 

A towel was thrown to Hoya and he looked at Joongki shocked. Joongki walked in front of Hoya and took a seat across of Hoya’s seat. “Wash yourself first, you can borrow my clothes,” he said still with the frightening glare. Hoya nodded and looked around the living room, the living room was quite empty and he was searching if he could see any telephone in the house.

Joongki followed to Hoya’s gaze and he raised his eyebrow, “What are you doing?” Hoya looked at him quickly shaking his head, “Don’t you have telephone in this house so that I can make a call to my parents? They must be worried about me,” Hoya asked. Joongki still with his eerie glare, he turned his head left to right in the living room, “We don’t have.”

Hoya nodded, he took a glimpse to his wrist watch and found out it was already seven o’clock. He sighed inaudibly, Joongki was observing him. “He looks a lot like Ji Heon,” Joongki thought. Hoya forced a smile though he thought it wasn’t necessary, “I’m going.”

Joongki nodded and he crossed his legs. Hoya then left the living room to take a bath. Joongki sat still and he was in deep thought, “Why does he look like Ji Heon so much? Does he have a long lost twin? It’s strange.”

---

The next day, Hoya woke up and he stretched a little bit on the mattress. As he got up from the mattress, he was taken aback to see the girl who cried a lot from yesterday was gazing at her with a loving smile. Hoya awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, “Hey.”

“Good morning Ji Heon oppa!” Jumi greet delighted. Hoya studied her suspiciously, “Why is he calling me Ji Heon oppa?” “Oppa, do you sleep well? I have made you your favorite breakfast, wanna try?” she asked cheerfully.

Hoya looked at the girl in front of him, “she looks okay.” “Oppa? What are you staring at? Do you miss me?” she questioned tilting her head to the side. Hoya quickly shook his head, “How do you feel today?” Jumi beamed wide, “I feel great! I know oppa will come back to see me but Joongki oppa always say that you won’t. He didn’t believe me. It feels really great when I can prove to him that he is wrong. Oppa, why didn’t you call me? My heart hurts when you didn’t call me; I miss you real bad.”

Hoya glance her puzzled, “Ji Heon?” “Jumi what are you doing?” a voice snapped. Jumi turned around and saw glaring Joongki. She then quickly hid behind Hoya. “Jumi!” Joongki called. Jumi didn’t move from behind Hoya, she just shook her head hard. Hoya felt his left arm was clutched hard.

“Jumi! Listen to oppa! Stop acting like a child!” Joongki yelled and went closer to take her away from Hoya. Hoya stopped Joongki, “It’s okay, let her be.”

Joongki glared to Hoya for a moment but then he cursed in his breath, “Fine then!” He then left the room with a loud shut. Jumi slowly loosened her grip and peeked from Hoya’s shoulder. “It’s okay, he left us already.”

Jumi nodded and Hoya looked at the door, “Why am I here?”

*******************************************************************************************