Dress Up

Damaged Heart

The red heart shaped notes appeared in Chorong’s hand. “How many fake name have you made?”

Hoya stood froze, speechless. Chorong glared at him, hurt. She thought she could hold it until the last strength but she couldn’t. She hated how she had to shut and swallow everything down. Now, the fact was brighter than the star, how could she not rebel?

Hoya who was in mess from the start couldn’t think straight, he grabbed Chorong’s wrist. “Hug me,” he asked with desperate look.

Chorong pulled her hand away from Hoya but Hoya held it tighter, he didn’t want to start a war with her. Enough with the Han Ji Heon story, he might consider selling the house and moved far away from the haunted house.

“Hug me.”

Chorong stopped struggling, she furrowed her brows, not understand with Hoya’s sudden change personality lately. She could sense something was haunting him but she needed an explanation for the note.

“Please?”

Chorong inspected him long before she pulled him into a hug, she became speechless. Hoya sobbed hard. “Are you alright?” Chorong let go of him and looked at him.

Hoya hung his head low, he wiped off tears on his eyes and grabbed Chorong’s wrist. He led her into the house and Chorong obeyed, not dare to question him. “Something serious must be bothering him.”

Hoya led her to bedroom, he made Chorong sat down on the bed and he sighed as he stood straight against her. “I’m tired, I want to sleep.”

He then left, to wash up. Chorong sighed heavily glancing at the red note. “I must find out.”

---

The next day, Hoya woke up and acted as if nothing happened last night. Chorong poured drink for him and her eyes never left from Hoya’s face. “Oppa?” Chorong called.

“Um?” Hoya looked up and smiled, “Do you want to have lunch with me later?”

Chorong stared at him, incredulously. “Are you alright?” Chuckle escaped Hoya’s mouth, “Why won’t I be alright? I have you and you have me, trust me, nothing can make me not alright.” He held her hand and it gently.

Hoya pulled her chair so that she was sitting against him and slowly, he placed his right hand around Chorong’s neck and rubbed her jawline. He leaned close slowly to meet her lips but she turned away quickly. Hoya looked at her, “Oppa sorry, I can’t do this.”

Hoya nodded and looked away, Chorong felt bad to him but she couldn’t proceed with the kiss, she still doubted him. Hoya might made things up so that she would forget about it. She wouldn’t let Hoya tricked her.

“Oppa,” Chorong called. Hoya arched his eyebrows and locked his eyes with Chorong.

“I just noticed your eyes, did you get a fight?”

Hoya’s face expression changed immediately. Wordlessly, he got up to avoid Chorong from giving out further question.

“Oppa, answer my question,” Chorong asked sternly, he grabbed Hoya’s wrist to stop him from running away from her.

Hoya looked away, avoiding her eyes. Chorong got up and forced his head to face her. She quickly examined the area around his left eyes. Some marks could be seen clearly on his skin, it was as if he was gotten into a fight and got hit on that area.

Breathy chuckle escaped his mouth. “It’s nothing, I accidentally hit my office door on my way out.”

Chorong eyed him, suspiciously. “What?” Hoya pretended.

“Really it’s nothing baby, why my baby is so worry of me today?”

Chorong sighed, hard. “Don’t lie, opppa.”

Hoya’s face fell.

“You’re bad at lying.”

Hoya felt chill ran down his spine as Chorong gave him a cold look.

“Is this explained why you told me you couldn’t get home early last night?”

Hoya gulped, hard.

“There is something you’re hiding from me.” Chorong spat out cold, and disappointed. Tears could be seen welled in her eyes. She pushed Hoya’s frame, rough and walked away.

“Baby, wait. This is a misunderstanding,” Hoya tried to calm her down, he could feel his heart beat roughly against his chest. He followed her all the way towards the bedroom. Hoya halted in front of the bedroom’s door as Chorong shoved the heart shaped paper.

“Han Ji Heon.” Chorong pronounced slowly and clearly.

Hoya quickly grabbed the paper and tore it into pieces before he threw it away behind him. He pushed Chorong and pinned her to the adjacent wall making Chorong gasped, shocked. Tears rolled down her cheek, never once in his life, he ever saw Chorong cried this painfully.

“Please, listen to me….”

“Don’t do this to me.”

Chorong looked into his eyes before quickly looked away. She didn’t recognise the man in front of her anymore. She didn’t know where her Hoya had been gone.

She didn’t know anything anymore.

“Dress up, I need to bring you to somewhere.”