Waiting

Damaged Heart

 

That night, the rain was pouring out heavily. The sound of raindrops didn’t prevent him from thinking the exact reason why he should listen and stay.

“Oppa!” Hoya craned his neck to see Jumi coming towards him. “Oppa, I’ve cook your favourite foods! Let’s eat!” Jumi said enthusiastically. Her used to be pale face was now glowing. Hoya noticed she tried hard to look beautiful in front of him even though she couldn’t hide her dark eye bag.

She beamed and quickly dragged Hoya to dining table. Hoya paused as he saw Joongki at the dining table. Looked unusual then he used to be, he looked fine. No more frightening glare, just like a normal brother.

As they settled at the dining table, Jumi couldn’t stop talking and shoved foods into Hoya’s mouth. Joongki pulled something out from his pocket and placed it on the table.

“Here, I’m sorry for what I did,” he placed Hoya’s car key and cell phone.

Hoya looked stun; he was still fitting puzzles into its places. How he wished someone would slap him on the face to actually ensure him he was fully awake.

He took it cautiously while eyeing Jumi’s brother. Joongki nodded to assured him and mouthed, “We’ll talk later.”

Jumi turned Hoya’s head to her direction; she kept beaming and stuffing him with foods. He didn’t fight back but instead he was amazed by whole drama. He still couldn’t figure out what was going on. He just could follow what they asked him to do.

---

The rain stopped an hour ago and the cricket’s sound filled the wet night. Jumi fell asleep beside Hoya’s, under his embrace. He suddenly heard the door knob turned, he quickly and slowly pulled his arm from Jumi.

Joongki’s face appeared at the door and Hoya quickly got up to get away from Jumi, silently hoping he wouldn’t wake Jumi up. He remembered how the poor girl told him that he couldn’t get enough sleep from staying awake just to wait for Han Ji Heon returned.

She even forgave him for staying gone for a long time even it hurts her so deep. At that point, Hoya saw the pain the girl bear.

“How could I get mad at you when you were the one I was waiting for the whole time?”

She even tried to lean close for a kiss but Chorong’s smiling face popped up in his mind, reminding him to stay alert.

“You can leave now; she wouldn’t notice you’re leaving. I’ll make up a story so that she won’t look for you tomorrow,” Joongki opened the door for Hoya. Hoya nodded, not saying a thing. He was in total shock.

Joongki motioned him to go but somehow, Hoya hesitated to do so. Joongki looked at him, puzzled. “Ah, I forget. Wait.”

Hoya waited and not long, he returned and gave Hoya a sum of money. “Here, I need to pay you for the injury.”

“I almost forgot I got hit,” Hoya thought. “It’s okay, you can keep the money. I can go now.”

“But wait.”

Joongki looked up, expecting.

“Who is Han Ji Heon?”

Joongki stared at Hoya, long…

----------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long missing. 

Here's an update! ^^