Jinyoung to the Rescue

Remember

I ran out of the room, trying to get as far away from Junghwan as possible. I didn't want to hear anymore empty words from him. I couldn't see what was in front of me because the tears blurred my vision. A few steps into the hall, I bumped into someone.
"Rena?" It was Jinyoung's voice. I stumbled backwards but he caught me just in time. "What's wrong?"
I heard footsteps heading out of the dressing room and I knew it was him. I felt my legs begin to weaken so I gripped my hands to Jinyoung's jacket.
"What's going on?" Jinyoung asked in a hard voice as Junghwan appeared.
"I told the truth." I felt my heart break all over again.
Jinyoung sighed. "Junghwan," the disappointment leaking out of his voice. He must've known.
There was a short moment of silence before Junghwan spoke again. He looked me in the eyes and tried reaching for my hand. "Rena, let me explain."
I immediately turned my back to him, afraid of being hurt even more. I buried my head in Jinyoung's warm chest and silently cried into his shirt. He tightened his hold on me protectively and took a step back.
After a few moments of silence, I stopped crying. I calmed down and let go of Jinyoung's shirt. Our eyes met and I no longer had the same uneasy feeling. Instead I felt comfort looking into his glossy brown eyes. The uneasiness must've been because of Junghwan.
"Are you okay to go outside?"
I nodded and followed him out of the building. He stopped in front of the manager's vehicle and told him that he'd be finding his own way back to the apartment. Then he led me down the busy street.
"Where are we going?" I asked in a small voice.
"Oh..." He looked around. "Where would you like to go?"
Back in time, I thought. "Anywhere. I just want to forget for a little while."
He nodded then grabbed my hand. The action surprised me, making me jump slightly. "Is... this okay?"
"Y-yes." I looked straight ahead. I didn't want him to see the expression on my face.
His hand in mine actually felt nice. After experiencing the worst heartbreak of my life, just moments ago, you'd think that I'd be opposed to this kind of thing. But his hand was soft and it made me feel calm. It warmed my heart.

I decided to take her to one of my favorite places. It was a place of comfort for me, so I was hoping that she'd be able to find solice there.
"What is this place?"
"It's a small business that sells pianos and other classical instruments." I led her inside and greeted the owner.
"Jinyoung, annyeong!" The man smiled. "Is this your girlfriend?"
I shook my head. "She's just a friend. I'd like to play a piece for her, if that's okay with you."
"Oh, go right ahead! You're always welcome to play whenever you want."
I smiled and led Rena to my piano. "Rena, meet my beautiful friend, Piano."
"Piano?" She smiled slightly. "That's what you've named it?"
I blushed slightly. "I loved this piano ever since I laid eyes on it. That's why I'm trying to buy it. I come in here at least once a month to pay whatever I can."
We sat at the bench and I began playing random chords, trying to think of what to play her. After picking out different melodies, I ended up playing "Stay" by Big Bang. I hummed along and sang random lines in the song.
When I finished, she clapped lightly. "Did you like it?"
"It was beautiful." She smiled sadly.
I felt really bad for her. Looking into her eyes reminded me of Miyun. When Miyun left to Paris to study fashion design, I felt like I could never smile again. But I can't imagine how Rena must be feeling.
That's why I'm going to promise myself to protect Rena. I know what it's like to be broken-hearted. But to see Rena, someone who has become an important part of all of our lives, shattered into pieces was unacceptable.
"Rena." She looked at me with bright, puffy eyes. "I promise you... I'm going to make you whole again."