Sarang

Remember

"Did I say something?"
"No, she just had a bad night," Jinyoung answered, following her out of the room.
Sandeul smiled at me, "Don't worry, jagi. She'll be okay." He took my hand. "Kaja! The recording is starting soon!"
I followed him and the rest of the members out of the room. For some reason I couldn't get Rena's expression out of my mind. The look in her eyes made me feel guilty. Like I just stole a little kids favorite toy. But when I saw the way Jinyoung was looking at her in the studio, I didn't feel as bad anymore.
"Oppa," I tapped Sandeul's arm. "Are they dating?"
"Jinyoung? And.... Rena?" He glanced over. "I can't say yes... but I can't say no."
While he went to get his mic hooked up, I watched Jinyoung. Its obvious that he's interested in her. The way he looked directly into her eyes and never looked away was more than enough to guess. And the gentleness of his smile. If she wasn't going to accept his feelings, that'd be a big mistake.
Soon they called Jinyoung to the stage. He smiled sweetly at her then went to prepare for filming. I made my way over to her quickly. "Rena-ya," I sat down. "Do you like Jinyoung-ssi?"
She snapped her head at me, eyes wide. "What?! No, of course not!"
"It sure doesn't look like it!"
"W-why would you think that? Jinyoung is just a friend to me! Like a big brother!"
I gave her a sly smile. "I don't think he sees it that way."
"But he told me himself that I'm like a little sister to him."
"Guys always say that! Its to get you comfortable to be around them when in reality," I her hair and whispered. "He wants something so much more."

Jinyoung couldn't possible want that kind of relationship with me... could he? I mean he hasn't expressed any romantic interest in me. All he wants is to help me feel better, right? I glanced at Jinyoung. He was busy getting his makeup retouched before they resumed filming. He must've felt me staring; he looked up and smiled at me brightly. Good thing Sarang left for her schedule or she'd be feeding me more of that nonsense. But was it really nonsense?
"Sandeul-ssi! Are you ready?"
"Ne, PD-nim!" He nodded and picked up his microphone.
The hosts did a quick intro of the performance and the music began. As soon as the first key flew off the piano, my heart fell. It was his song. The song that truly won me over. He was singing "Crush." I watched him sing but my heart was ripping into shreds. My legs ached to leave the building but Jinyoung's reassuring glances helped stay where I was.
Knowing that he was watching over me, Sarang's words rang in my mind again. Maybe this is something different for Jinyoung. Am I going about this the wrong way? Junghwan obviously moved on. Maybe I should too.
Maybe Jinyoung is who I need.