Memories

Remember

I sat in my seat and sighed. Soon I'll be in Seoul. I'll finally be with him... Lee JungHwan.
I smiled, staring at the necklace he gave me. It was a small, round yellow duck. His little black eyes stared at me happily. My smile widened as I remembered the moment he gave me the necklace.
*
We had just left the concert venue and the boys were dropping me off at my apartment.
"I'll walk you up!"He jumped out of the van and pulled me with him, running as fast as he can.
"Slow down!" I called.
He slowed our pace but didn't stop running. "We have to hurry!"
"Why?"
"I know they're going to spy on us."
I looked behind me but no one was following us. Still he pulled me inside the building and up the stairs. "You know that there's an elevator, right?"
"I don't want to give them a chance to catch up to us."
I rolled my eyes. Why does it matter if they see us anyway? Unless he has something in mind...
"Which floor do you live on?" He finally asked.
I took the lead and headed towards my apartment. Living on the fifth floor, I was out of breath by the time we reached my door.
I turned to him. "Well thanks for walking me up." I was about to open my door when he stopped me.
"Wait!" He grabbed my hand. "I-I have something f-for you."
I smiled. His stuttering was one hundred times more adorable with his accent. "What is it?"
He reached in his pocket and pulled out a silver chain. Dangling from it was the duck. I gasped. "It's so cute!"
"Just something to remember me by." He wrapped his arms around my neck to clasp the necklace on me.
From behind him, I saw a slight movement. A familiar pair of eyes peeked around the corner. He saw me looking and ducked behind someone. They pushed him and he stumbled to the floor. Channie. He quickly stood up and ran back.
I laughed a little louder than I wanted to. "What's so funny?"
"Oh, nothing!" I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. "Thank you so much!"
He squeezed me back just as tight. The boys now all had their heads poking out around the corner. Shinwoo, Jinyoung, Baro and Channie. I smiled at them and they all looked in different directions.
"Rena."
I met Sandeul's gaze. He closed his eyes and leaned his head down. s started giggling like little girls. Before his lips met mine, I turned my head, causing him to kiss my cheek.
The boys started laughing out loud now. He turned to them, blushing uncontrollably. "What's going on?"
"She just tricked you, hyung!" Channie managed to spit out.
Sandeul turned back to me, still blushing. His eyes pleaded with mine. I put my hands to cheek and he calmed down slightly. Then I softly kissed his lips. Immediately the other members stopped laughing.
I turned away and walked inside my apartment, smiling triumphantly to myself.
*
I looked back to the necklace. Sandeul's sweet smile bounced around in my head. Just a few hours. Then I'll be with you again.