Strange Aphrodite

My Only Angel (Sequel to "My Klutzy Angel")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLlLc8alUxQ

 Strange Aphrodite

“I’m glad you two could make it.”

“We wouldn’t miss an invitation from you Lady Aphrodite.” Xue Fang said with a smile, “Is something wrong?”

Aphrodite starred at them strangely. She looked back at her Angel, nodding they all left the room. Lu Han looked at Xue Fang before focusing his gaze on Aphrodite. Things were getting stranger by the minute. After a Fallen warns them not to trust her she calls them to Heaven for an important meeting. Something just didn’t seem right.

“This may seem so sudden but have you met any…” she paused for a moment, “Strange Fallen lately?”

“What do you mean by “strange”?” Lu Han asked, “We’ve killed every single Fallen we’ve come across lately. If we had more detaisl we would know what to look out for wouldn’t we?”

Aphrodite sighed, “Yes, well we’ve been trying to capture one by the name of Deshi.”

“Deshi?” Xue Fang questioned, her smile never let her face but her eyes showed concern.

“Yes. When you were younger Deshi attempted to end your life.” Aphrodite revealed as she closed her eyes, “The event was so scarring you forgotten all about it. He was your Guardian so we were shocked at his attempts. He was banished from Heaven but swore he would return one day for you.”

Aphrodite looked at the two, she noticed Lu Han’s hand curl into a fist and him shaking in anger. Xue Fang looked unfazed by the new information. Sighing she stepped forward and cupped her hands around Xue Fang’s face. “You are like a daughter to me; I only want what is best for you. If you meet him you will report it right?”

“Of course,” Xue Fang said as she put her hands on top of Aphrodite’s, “I know you would never lie to me. I’ll be on the lookout.”

Hearing her words Aphrodite’s hand dropped. “That’s good…you two can go back now.” She said as she walked away, “Take care of her Lu Han, she is more important than you know.”

Lu Han waited for Aphrodite to disappear before facing Xue Fang. “You little liar,” he stated with a smirk, “So when did it become a custom for you to lie to Lady Aphrodite? You still want to protect him?”

“Something doesn’t add up.” Xue Fang said as she looked at him, “Lady Aphrodite wasn’t telling the full truth back there. She’s hiding something and I know it. Until I figure out some more things Deshi remains a secret.” She said as she looked at Lu Han.

“In any case you should head home.”

“What about you?”

“I need to visit Sanctuary for a little while.” She said as she gave him an innocent smile. “No need to worry.”

“Sanctuary? You mean the hospital?”

“No, it’s a healing temple in Heaven. You’ve been there before.”

“That’s like a hospital Xue Fang. Are you not feeling well?” Lu Han asked as he felt her forehead. “Maybe I should accompany you.”

She shook her head gently, “Lulu, I’m just going to check a few things. Please head home so the others don’t worry,” she said as she pushed her hair back. “If anything was wrong I would inform you.”

“Just like you would tell Aphrodite about Deshi.” he mumbled, “Return home safely than Tian Xin.” he said as he gave her head an affectionate pat.

Once Lu Han was gone Xue Fang made her way to Sanctuary, before she reached the temple she stopped by the graves. Standing in front of Li’s she knelt down and smiled softly.

“It’s been awhile hasn’t it Li? I miss you.”

“You look a bit down today Xue Fang, shall I cheer you up?”she heard Li’s soothing voice.

“What is going on old friend?”

“Talking to the dead? Never a good sign.”

Xue Fang smiled as she looked back, Mei stood there with flowers. “It’s good to see you again Mei. You’ve been really busy with Guardian duty lately. I can’t ever find an opening to see you.”

Mei laughed as she shook her head. “Not Guardian duty. I’ve been busy with wedding planning.”

“You’re getting married?”

“Yeah, I found someone who makes me happy. I would love for you to meet him one day.” Mei said as she stood by her. “How is Lu Han?”

“He’s doing well.”

“You want to talk about anything with me? I’m not my brother but I will try my best to help you.”

Xue Fang shook her head, “I’ll figure things out. It’s nice to just come here every now and then and keep Li informed on what’s going on.”

“I know how you feel.” Mei sad as she pushed her hair back, “Even if you didn’t marry my brother we’re still family.” She said as she set the flowers down. “Don’t hesitate to talk to me, or visit your niece.”

“My niece….you’re pregnant?” Xue Fang asked shocked, once Mei nodded she pulled her into a hug, “Congradulations. I can’t believe it!”

“Same here, Li always wanted to have a niece. Looks like his wish is finally coming true.” She said as she rubbed her belly. “I want you to make sure you don’t become a stranger. You’re living your life on Earth, it feels like I’m losing my only connection to my brother.” Mei said as she pouted.

Xue Fang laughed, “I promise you won’t lose me.”

“Good, I think you were headed inside Sanctuary so you should be on your way. God and the others have called a special meeting, the Elite Guardians and the healers of Sanctuary will be off duty at the meeting. Go on now.”

Xue Fang nodded and bowed, “Wait for me to return again Li.” She said as she waved. “Bye Mei!”

Mei rested her hand on her stomach as she starred at her brother’s grave. “Looks like she’s as lively as ever huh little brother?