The Prophecy

My Only Angel (Sequel to "My Klutzy Angel")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BKHrhM_uX0

The Prophecy

Xue Fang looked around the area she was in, her feet dangled off the edge of the building she was sitting on. A soft breeze blew causing her long hair to sway along with it. Her watch made a light beeping noise, she slowly raised her wrist and flipped it open, Lu Han’s face appeared on the screen. His eyes lit up once they met Xue Fang’s brilliant blue ones.

“How is everything on your end?”

“Things seem to be normal around here,” she replied as she took another look around. “No strange activity at all actually. A few days ago the demon attacks were at a high point, now it seems like they just stopped attacking.”

“That’s a good thing right?”

“Sure, but it can also be a bad sign. Kind of seems like they stopped coming because there planning something. I’ve been through all the files of attacks since I received my Guardian Badge, I’ve participated in updating them myself as well. It seems like they are changing their patterns and it’s not normal.”

“Don’t think too much about it Tian Xin.” Lu Han said charmingly, “I’m sure we really have nothing to worry about.”

“You sound awfully close.”

“Look behind you.”

Xue Fang turned around and smiled, Lu Han stood behind her, his wings resting behind his back. “Master Lulu!” she called out before walking over to him, “You weren’t supposed to leave your post yet. Were you even trying to look for possible danger?”

“Of course, but I got a bit bored since no one was around. You know no one can see me when I’m in Angel form, who was I going to talk to?” he asked as he gave her a small pout. “Shouldn’t you be happy to see me?”

“Of course I am!” Xue Fang said, before she could say anything more she turned around. “Something’s coming our way.”

Lu Han looked ahead as a demon landed in front of them; she smiled as she tilted her head to the side. Lu Han was shocked to see the set of horns on her head; she had long white hair and greenish skin, a tail waved around behind her. The demon looked at Xue Fang before pointing a sharp finger in her direction.

“Xue Fang?”

“Who’s asking?” Lu Han asked as he stepped forward.

“What are you her Guardian?” the demon joked as she let out a screeching laugh, “Or possibly the husband I’ve heard about, how pathetic. She is protected by someone who isn’t even really an Angel.”

“I may not be an Angel but I have more than enough  power to kill you.” He said as he took a step forward, Xue Fang grabbed his arm and he looked back at her confused. “What is It Fang?”

“She isn’t like Rouge or the other demons. She’s a full blood, only demon blood runs through her veins. Unlike Rouge with human blood in her system this one is a lot more powerful. Li gave you his powers but you have yet to fully unlock them. I’ll take care of her.” She said as she stepped out in front of him. “State your name demon.”

“That’s not really important now is it?” she asked before her nails grew longer, she held her hand up to her face with a dark grin. “I think it’s most important to focus on your well being.” The demon spoke before charging at her at full speed.

Xue Fang held her hand out to the side as her sword appeared; she quickly blocked her claws, as a sword appeared in her free hand Xue Fang swung at her. The demon caught the blade with her other hand, the two gave each other a look before pushing each other back. Without wasting time Xue Fang sent out a energy blast. The demon avoided it for the most part but one of her wings was hit in the process. She stood before the two now more angry than before.

“Go to earth and capture the girl, but don’t kill her.” She said as she squeezed her hands shut, her nails drawing blood. “Kill her and I’ll make sure you suffer here in Hell. I HATE YOU!” She shouted at Xue Fang, “I do everything I’m told and for what? All for him to get his daughter? You the living sacrifice. I don’t care about orders anymore,” She said as she smirked, “You’re as good as dead!”

“Xue Fang!” Lu Han shouted as he ran past her, his blade in his hands.

Xue Fang looked back as a clone disappeared into the darkness. “I’ve become careless, I couldn’t sense it.” She mumbled as she looked at him. “Thank you.”

“What kind of man would I be if I didn’t protect  you?”

“Shut up!” The demon shouted and ran at them.

Before she could attack a dark energy blast hit her in the back. As the demon fell to the ground she disappeared. Xue Fang and Lu Han looked at the new visitor. Deshi stood before them with an emotionless look. He pointed to Xue Fang.

“You’re hurt.”

“Huh?” She looked at her side to find her clothes stained with blood, “When did---“

“Idiot, you’re weak. How can someone like that ever think to be of help to others? A Guardian, looks more like a fake.” he said as he shook his head.

“Watch what you say.” Lu Han warned, “I don’t take kindly to people bad mouthing my wife.”

Deshi looked at Lu Han, “A clueless man, Aphrodite is really slacking off in picking her people.” He said as he ran his hand through his hair, he caught Lu Han preparing to attack. “Put away the weapon Lu Han, I didn’t come here for a fight with the two of you. You’ll get plenty of that in the upcoming days.”

“Then what do you want?”

“To tell you of the Prophecy of course. Throughout all of Hell the story is told of the Devil’s daughter coming to take her place alongside her father. Born from an Angel sacrifice Attilia, the daughter will become the ruler of Earth. In this Prophecy only one Angel can stop the word from falling into darkness and that angel is Xue Fang.”

“Me?” Xue Fang asked as she gave a shocked look, “Why me?”

“Because you are the purest, and you are the sacrifice. Of course I can’t give you all the details but it’s you. I’ve spent years since my banishment researching and working on the Prophecy. My research has led me to you and no one else. If you die then there is no hope for the Earth or the humans. It’s a heavy burden.” Deshi said as he looked deep into her eyes, “Aphrodite and the Gods cannot be trusted.”

“But you can?” Lu Han asked as he stepped forward. “Who’s to say you aren’t lying? For all we know you’re trying to trap her and capture her just like that demon. Fallen aren’t to be trusted correct?”

“Normal Fallen yes, but not me. I’ve been watching her since she was a baby.” Deshi revealed, “I’ve been protecting her when Li couldn’t, I’ve been throwing Hade’s off her trace when Aphrodite couldn’t. No one is more important to me than Xue Fang.” He said as he gave her a soft smile. “You believe me right?”

“Why?”

“I can’t say yet, it isn’t the time.” He said as he looked at Lu Han. “The black feather.”

Lu Han grew confused; he took a feather out of his pocket and showed it. “This is yours isn’t it? That day, it was you watching?”

“That is correct. I always made my presence known one way or another to Li. After he died I figured you would become the protector of her. I had to let you know that someone was making sure things didn’t turn to bad. You have no choice but to trust me.” He focused back on Xue Fang; she was trying to process it all. “You cannot allow yourself to go back to Heaven. You are half human so you can stay here without any penalties. Aphrodite is not the friend you thought she was.”

Xue Fang looked at him, “I can’t do that. Heaven is my home and she is the closest thing I have to a mother. How can you say I can’t trust her? I don’t even know who you are, yet you seem familiar.” She said as she looked at him. “This is all so confusing.”

“I figured you would say as such. I’m running out of time, soon Hades will have watch over me and you once more.” Deshi said as he bowed. “I’m Deshi little Angel. Remember the name and face because one of these days you will seek me out for answers. Paying attention to yourself is the best thing you can do at a time like this.” Deshi said.

Xue Fang looked at him once more, she could tell in his eyes that he was being sincere in his words. She could also see that he knew she wasn’t feeling too well. She put her hand on Lu Han’s shoulder. He looked at her softly. Lu Han didn’t believe one word Deshi said but he knew Xue Fang enough to know she did.

“He hasn’t attacked, he is not the enemy as of right now.” She said as she out her hand on his. “This can’t be known by Lady Aphrodite.” Lu Han looked shocked by her words, she told Aphrodite everything normally. “If you do she will send out her best to capture him.” Xue Fang looked at Deshi. “I can’t stay away from her or Heaven, but I will take your warning to heart. I care about Earth and the humans. It would be my honor to protect it with my everything. Don’t worry about me.”

“I’m glad,” Deshi replied as his wings spread out, he was getting ready to fly off, “For now I will watch you here on Earth from the shadows. Please take care Xue Fang.” He said before flying off.

“You don’t really think he is honest do you?” Lu Han asked her. “He’s a Fallen. An enemy.”

“Yet he held truth in his eyes.” Xue Fang said as she smiled at him, “That you cannot fake, you need to relax a bit Lulu. I am concerned a bit though. If what he says is true than why hasn’t Lady Aphrodite mentioned anything to us? To keep something like that a secret would mean she can’t be trusted. Something is off and I don’t like it.” She said as she looked up at the sky.

Lu Han wrapped his arms around her tightly. “Don’t worry about a thing. If we find out he lied I’ll kill him, if he’s telling the truth I’ll be by your side all the way. I promised when we got married that I would protect you with my life and I meant it. I swore to Li that I would never leave your side and I don’t plan on it. You always have me so don’t worry over anything.”

Xue Fang nodded as she hugged him back. “Thank you Lu Han. I meant it when I promised to never leave your side as well. I love you.”

“I love you too.” Lu Han said as he pulled away from the hug to give her a deep kiss.