A Little Bit About Me

Oh My Tutor!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Woohyun’s POV

Throughout the summer, I could say that this was the best summer ever. We spent so much time sleeping in, hanging out together at the ddukbokki stall (where Ahjumma congratulated Kasumi and I for getting together, all thanks to DBSK who told her about it), going to the movies, going to the amusement parks like Lotte World, (Kasumi and I stayed back for the night theme park so we could ride the Ferris wheel together — it was so romantic!), and playing soccer in the park with DBSK, to playing Xbox at Hoya’s house. Kasumi would usually come and sometimes f(x) would join.

That was why, when summer was drawing to an end, and school was reopening in a week’s time, everyone was sad.

Goodbye, summer.

Hello, school.

So the week before school started, Infinite was at my house, loosely hanging about in the living room. Kasumi was at home because she needed to stay and do errands for her grandmother so it was only just the seven of us.

“What are we going to do?” Sungyeol wanted to know. “School is opening. I don’t want it to open so soon.”

“We didn’t even have time to do everything that we wanted to do,” Dongwoo complained.

“And summer is ending!” Sung Jong gasped.

I frowned. “That meant I won’t get to spend that much time with Kasumi anymore because of school,” I whined.

Myungsoo was frowning as well. “That means I don’t get my beauty sleep anymore because I’ll have to wake up earlier than normal for school.”

“And we all know how hard that is,” Sunggyu snickered.

Dongwoo shot him a look because he, too, had trouble waking up. He and Myungsoo were the ones who are the hardest to wake up. They’re very deep sleepers, unlike Sungyeol, who was a light sleeper.

“What are we going to do?” I asked Sunggyu.

He paused. “We spent quite a lot of time here in the city,” he mused thoughtfully. He looked out of the window. “And the weather has been really nice lately. It has been the perfect weather for flying kites and having a picnic.”

“The water by the beach would usually be very calm at this time,” Sungyeol mused, looking at a picture of Infinite taken at the beach when we were younger. We looked so silly, but so happy at the same time.

Everyone looked at the picture and laughed, recalling those stupid, fun moments we had when our parents took us to the beach because they knew we would have fun together there, just being our silly selves.

“TO THE BEACH!” we all cried out with glee at the same time.

Immediately Myungsoo grabbed a paper and began writing the details.

“Kasumi has to come,” Dongwoo insisted.

“We should go this week,” Sung Jong added.

“Someone needs to bring snacks,” Hoya chimed in.

Sungyeol nodded enthusiastically. “We have to bring the soccer ball so we can play on the beach!” he said eagerly.

“We’ll leave early in the morning so we can spend the whole day there, and then get back at night,” I suggested and everyone was excited about that.

Myungsoo’s hand was scribbling furiously on the piece of paper as he tried to keep up as we continued adding more stuff.

My mom came in, bringing refreshments (freshly made oranges, thanks Umma, you’re simply the best!), which we all gratefully thanked her for. “What are you boys up to now?” she asked, peering over our shoulders.

“Umma, can we go to the beach some time this week before school reopens next Monday?” I asked her. “Pleaassseee.”

She laughed. “As long as you find your own way there,” she replied. The doorbell rang. “That must be Gina. She said she was stopping by later.” She turned and walked out to answer the door.

Once she left, Sunggyu frowned pondering over what my mom had said about getting to the beach by ourselves. “But we don’t have a car. And none of us know how to drive. At least, not yet,” he pointed out.

Myungsoo paused.

Oh yeah . . .

“We’ll take the bus,” I said logically, tapping my chin thoughtfully. “That way we don’t have to make the journey longer by stopping for gas. And besides, it’s good to take public transport once in a while.”

“Great idea!”

Myungsoo continued writing.

“Someone has to tell Kasumi this,” Hoya frowned.

“Tell Kasumi what?”

We looked up to see Kasumi, Sulli, Luna and Krystal standing by the entrance. Umma smiled when she passed by the hall and I guess we all knew it wasn’t her friend who had rang the doorbell.

“What are you guys doing here?” Sung Jong asked.

“We finished doing the things halmeoni asked us to do,” Kasumi replied. “So we thought we would come and see what you guys were up to.”

“How did you get here?” Sungyeol wanted to know.

“Hi.” Changmin appeared behind them with a smile on his face.

“Ah,” we said, Sungyeol’s question being answered.

“We’re thinking of going to the beach some time this week,” I told them as they sat down in the living room. I wrapped my arms around Kasumi as she sat on my lap. I nuzzled her neck and she shivered lightly. “I missed you.”

“You saw me yesterday.”

“I still missed you.” I pouted.

She turned and gave me a light peck. “I missed you too.”

My heart fluttered when she said that when everyone else around us all groaned and rolled their eyes. Dongwoo was giving us weird looks.

“Cool, the beach,” Krystal said.

“Do you wanna come?” Sunggyu asked.

“Would you mind?”

The guys shook their heads. “Of course not. We’d love for you girls to come.”

“Gee, that makes me feel so much better,” Changmin spoke up lightly and Kasumi air-slapped him. He grimaced at her.

“We can’t go,” Luna and Sulli said together. “We’ve got stuff on.”

Krystal shrugged. “I’m free.” She looked at Myungsoo and noticed that he was writing down the details. “How are we getting there?”

“Well, since none of us can drive, we’re going to take the bus,” Sungyeol replied. “I hope you girls don’t mind.”

Kasumi pointed to Changmin. “He’s free. He can drive.”

Changmin raised an eyebrow. “What makes you think I’ll willingly drive you guys to the beach?” he asked her.

She flashed him a winning smile. “Because you love me and would do anything for me,” she replied sweetly. She laughed. “Oh, come on, Oppa!”

“Actually, that’s a great idea,” Sunggyu nodded.

“Yeah, we don’t have to spend money on the bus fare,” Hoya agreed. “But how big is your car? Can it fit all ten of us?”

Changmin nodded. “I can just drive a van.”

“You have a van?” Myungsoo asked incredulously.

“Oh, yes! That van!” Krystal nodded her head in approval. She turned to us. “It’s a good van, with air-conditioning and wide spaces for all of us.” She turned to her unnies and smiled at them. “Too bad you’re going to miss out on all the fun.”

Sulli stuck her tongue out at her while Luna just shook her head. Kasumi pretended to cut Sulli’s tongue while Krystal criss-crossed her eyes at Luna.

I shook my head. The four of them are so cute together. I glanced over at Kasumi, hugging her tighter, and she leaned back in my chest comfortably.

I can’t wait for the one-day trip to the beach!

 

We decided to go to the beach on Thursday and also decided we would head off early, around seven in the morning, which meant that Changmin and the girls had to be at our house around six-thirty. They didn’t mind since, apparently, they all said they were used at waking up at such ungodly hour.

It was easier if they came to pick us all up at once so we decided to crash over at my house the night before. We had our own little party but we made sure we went to sleep early to be able to wake up the next morning.

When morning came, I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I answered it. “Mmm?” I said sleepily into the phone.

“Oppa, wakey, wakey!” Kasumi’s voice came through the other end of the receiver. She sounded wide awake. “We’re outside.”

I immediately got up. “Oh? Okay, I’m coming down now.” I hung up and kicked Sunggyu, who was sleeping next to me. “Oi, they’re here.” Then I said in a loud voice, “Wake up, you sleepyheads! We need to get ready now!”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter