Crazy Dog vs. Infinite

Oh My Tutor!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun’s POV

Rrrriiinnnggg!!

And that concluded the last bell of the first day of freshman year for me and my friends. All around me, the students were packing their bags to go home. I shoved all my books inside my bag, slung it over my shoulder and walked out of my classroom with my best friend Kim Sunggyu and our other close friend, Jang Dongwoo.

As we exited the classroom, I noticed the girls in the class were giggling, traveling in a pack, as they glanced over at us and gave us what would seemed to be flirty smiles. I sighed and held back the distaste I’d always felt for them. It was flattering at first, when they started to notice us, but then it kind of got annoying. I mean, they’d squeal whenever we do something, and try to ask us out on dates but never approaching us directly.

But was it that hard to just talk to us like we were normal people?

The three of us were part of the kingka group called Infinite. What is Infinite, you may ask? Well, like I had mentioned before, Infinite is the kingka group in our school, which meant we’re the popular guys in school.

There are seven of us in total starting with the eldest member. Sunggyu was the leader, the dad, the grandpa, and the hamster (because he had small eyes that sometimes you’re not even sure if they’re opened or not). Dongwoo played the role of the mother in Infinite, the dinosaur and the scaredy-cat (he looked scary, but he’s really a softie). Then there was me, Nam Woohyun, the handsome and cute one in the group, the greasy person, and the honest one (okay, fine, so I lie a lot). After me, there was Lee Ho Won (or Hoya as he insisted on being called as), the purple boy (he wears purple a lot), the dancer, and the fittest one in the group. Lee Sungyeol, the choding, was next. He was blunt and tactless, and the crybaby. Kim Myungsoo, nicknamed L by his fans because sometimes he acted really cold and aloof, was face of the group, and the pineapple (rough and hard on the outside, but smooth and soft on the inside). And lastly there’s Lee Sung Jong, the maknae, the pretty one (prettier than most girls), and sometimes the cute one (although I’m cuter).

So there you have it, the seven members of Infinite. Honestly, we didn’t ask to be dubbed the kingkas, it just happened. One day after forming Infinite since we were all really close to one another, the girls took noticed of us and since then we were known as the kingkas, with every girl dying to at least get a chance to talk to us. Of course, we’re not those snobby types of kingkas you’d find in different school because we do take the initiative to talk with them and to also remember their names since they took time to remember ours. We didn’t mind being the kingkas as long as it was purely an image; that they do not expect more than what we want to do in school.

Our school’s name is Kingsridge Academy. It sounded like a classy, English name when we’re living in Seoul, right? You see, our school was founded by a Korean woman who married an English man so she took his surname as hers and decided to call this school Kingsridge School. It wasn’t a private school; in fact, it was actually the biggest public school in Seoul because it was elementary, middle and high school combined into one. You can imagine the total number of students we get every year, from year one all the way to year twelve.

We probably get over a thousand of students every year.

Our uniforms were the same: for guys, it was white collared T-shirt and grey pants with white socks and black shoes; for girls, it was white collared T-shirt, black skirt, white knee-length socks and black shoes. Then to distinguish which student is in which school, we had different blazers. Elementary school had blue blazers; middle school had maroon; and high school had grey blazers. Furthermore, our student nametags set apart which year we were in. Elementary school’s nametags are all brown. Purple is for year seven, orange for year eight, white for year nine, red for year ten (my year), blue for year eleven and green for year twelve. You’ll get dizzy the first time you read the school’s system.

But you’ll probably get even dizzier by the look of our school. It looked more like a campus, with its four, grey stonewall buildings set around a grass courtyard and linked to each other and to the administration office in the front by pathways aligned by rocks. At the entrance of the school grounds was the black gate with the board that read: Kingsridge School. Then on the building on your right was the elementary side; the middle school’s building was in the middle; and the high school building was on the left side. But hallways, with four floors in each building, connected them. The school was huge. I had no idea how Principal Gil was able to handle every student.

But then again, what are teachers for, right?

Summer break had just ended and now we were all back in school for a new year. It was different for me and my friends because we were starting high school. It was goodbye, middle school; hello, high school. Okay, well, all of us apart from for the maknae, Sung Jong, who was still in his second year of middle school, and Myungsoo, who was in his last year of middle school. But they were friendly enough and would be able to make new friends so we weren’t very worried for them.

Dongwoo, Sunggyu and I walked out of the class to the entrance of the building to find the rest of the Infinite members standing at the foot of the staircase, waiting for us. Hoya smiled when he saw us. Sung Jong and Sungyeol beamed and waved at us. They even began jumping up and down, calling our names even though we were just a few steps away from them. Since Sungyeol was the choding and Sung Jong was the maknae, the two of them tend to be very childish, especially when they were together.

Myungsoo was searching for something in his schoolbag and didn’t notice we were there until we were down the steps with them.

“Hi,” Sungyeol said brightly when we were standing next to them. He had stopped jumping. “How was your first day of school as high schoolers? I had a great time in my class! There were so many new students in class. I made a lot of new friends.”

“Already?” Hoya asked in amazement, unable to conceal his awe. “It’s only the first day of school!”

“I love making new friends because it means I have many more people to talk with,” was all Sungyeol replied. He paused. “Oh! And guess what? Our homeroom teacher made us play a game to get to know each other and we were all really active into the game. Although there was this girl who was —”

“Okay, we get the point,” Hoya impatiently cut through him. He looked at Sung Jong. “How was your first day? You’re in your second year of middle school, you should be happy to have made it this far.”

He nodded, beaming cheerfully, making his hair shake a bit. “It was good, hyung. I made a lot of new friends.”

Sungyeol was still talking to Myungsoo, having unheard of what Hoya had said to him earlier. Well, more like he just ignored him and Myungsoo was the only one who would actually listen to everything he says. “I saw my old friends from the same class last year. They’re in the same class as me as well! But I did make some new friends and —” And on and on he prattled about his day.

Dongwoo stretched his arms behind him and smiled, letting out a sigh of satisfaction. “Ah, it’s good to finally go home,” he said to no one in particular. He turned to all of us and gave us his grin.

“Sure is,” Sunggyu agreed.

“Oh, hyung, of course you’ll agree,” Sungyeol piped up, “after all, you’re the laziest person in the whole world!”

Do you see what I meant when I said he was blunt and tactless?

Sunggyu was now glaring at him, drilling holes from behind his back. “At least I managed to make it to the top class,” he muttered bitterly and I held back my laugh. “How do you explain that?”

“Luck,” Sungyeol replied without even bothering to glance over his shoulders.

Sunggyu took a step forward, ready to punch him.

Sungyeol turned around and frowned when he saw that the leader was glowering at him. “Oh, I’m so sorry. Did I hurt your feelings? Mianhae, hyung, I didn’t mean to.” He pouted, looking sincerely sorry.

Sunggyu, who had a weak hard and could never stay mad at someone for long, softened and nodded. “It’s okay.”

“Woof! Woof!”

“Kyaaahh! So cute! Whose dog is that? He’s so cute, I want to take him home with me! Heeee!” we heard a bunch of girls squealing.

“Woof!”

We looked up to see a group of girls cr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter