Falling Out With One Another

Oh My Tutor!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sungyeol’s POV

Woohyun’s face went pale when he saw Kasumi and Luna walking and laughing together, staring at them as if he was in a trance. Then he shook his head violently and turned to us, stammering nervously, “W – When were Kasumi and L – Luna friends?”

Oh, right.

Of course he would freak out, seeing his girlfriend and ‘ex-girlfriend’ together.

 

“Wait, Kasumi is his first love?” Dongwoo asked, furrowing his eyebrows together. “I thought that Woohyun had a girlfriend before?”

I burst out laughing. “Are you talking about Luna from f(x)?”

He nodded.

“Silly,” Sunggyu said and reached out to rap him lightly on the head. “They were only acting as a couple to get her parents to not send her to boarding school.”

Sung Jong started to cough from laughing too much. “Didn’t they have to kiss each other on the lips to prove to her parents that they were really in love?”

Sungyeol doubled over with laughter. “Oh yeah! That was priceless! I wished I had taken a picture,” he said as all of us chuckled at the memory. “The two of them couldn’t face each other for a week!”

“They still find it hard to look at each other in the eye without remembering,” Hoya laughed. He looked at the rest of us. “I wonder how the two of them are doing right now.” He shook his head as if it was the funniest thing he had ever seen in his entire life.

 

Sung Jong shrugged, scratching the back of his neck. “Well, the two of them do hang out during science, and Sulli is in the same class as us,” he said.

“Why didn’t you tell me about this?!”

He just shrugged. “I didn’t think it was important.”

“Isn’t important?”

Sung Jong’s eyes went wide. “Wha . . .?” He tilted his head in confusion, wondering why Woohyun was making a big deal out of this.

Woohyun turned back to Kasumi and Luna and saw that they were now sitting with the other members of f(x), Sulli and Krystal. He shook his head in amazement. “Well . . . that’s not something you see every day.”

Sunggyu nudged me. “Your class will be going to the library after lunch, right?” he asked in a whisper. When I nodded, he went on, “Try to talk to her. Get Sung Jong to help you.” He gave me a pointed look.

I nodded again, indicating that I understood what he meant. I leaned over to Sung Jong. “We have a mission later. Operation Talk-To-Kasumi.”

He seemed to know what the mission was about (judging from the title, duh) because he nodded seriously with full determination. “All right. Just tell me what to do.”

Woohyun turned back to us and eyed us suspiciously. “What are you two whispering over there about?” he asked, bringing the table to silence as everyone looked at us, shaking their heads slightly not to let anything come out by accident. He does not need to know about this.

“Nothing,” I said innocently.

He narrowed his eyes.

I raised an eyebrow back as if to challenge him. “Do you really want to know what we were whispering about, hyung?” I gave him a cheeky smile.

Luckily Woohyun shook his head and turned back to his food. “No, honestly, I don’t want to know,” he replied. He pouted as he ate his lunch. “She could have had told me that she was friends with Luna.”

“Why are you so obsessed with Luna?” Sunggyu snapped without meaning to. When he realized what he had done, he blinked in shock. The rest of us were just as shocked as he was. He snapped at Woohyun.

He must’ve not been able to take it, I thought. Woohyun caring about Kasumi more than his own best friend must’ve really hit him hard. I looked around the table at the rest of my friends’ faces and saw how gloomy they looked. It hit us all hard.

Woohyun looked taken aback and frowned deeply. “Well, how would you feel if you see your girlfriend friends with someone who pretended to be your girlfriend? And who I, may I remind you, lost my first kiss to even though I never liked her?!”

“I’ll admit, that is freaky,” Hoya agreed, not taking his eyes off Kasumi.

Sunggyu reached his hand out and pushed Hoya’s head to another direction. “Stop looking. You’re staring. It’s starting to creep me out,” he told him.

Hoya looked mildly offended but he did stop staring at Kasumi.

But Woohyun could not keep his eyes off Kasumi once.

 

After lunch, I dragged Sung Jong with me to Kasumi’s table. The members of f(x) looked up warily as we approached but I ignored them and looked at Kasumi instead. I smiled brightly at her. “Let’s go,” I spoke up and she turned to look at me. “I’m going to the library as well. The three of us can go together.” I gestured to me, Sung Jong and her.

Krystal, Luna and Sulli were kind of surprised by my abruptness but Kasumi was smiling ruefully at me. “Sorry, but I was going to go to the library with them,” she said, gesturing toward the three girls.

I gritted my teeth as she turned back to the girls. Was she seriously trying to avoid us so we can spend time with Woohyun? But this was just only Sung Jong and me! She can still hang out with us! Even during lunch, she can still hang out with us.

Without thinking, I grabbed her hand and yanked her up to her feet and pulled her with me to the library, leaving the f(x) girls to stare after us, agape. Sung Jong smiled apologetically at them before he hurried over to us.

I didn’t let go of her until we were outside the library door. Then I turned to face her. “You know, just because we want to spend more time with Woohyun doesn’t mean you have to stop talking to us. It doesn’t mean you have to avoid us.”

Kasumi frowned. “For the record, I’m not avoiding you. I really did make plans with the girls to come here with them. Just because I always hang out with you does not mean that you guys are my only friends,” she snapped back at me.

Sung Jong and I stared at her, stunned, as she yanked the library’s door open and walked inside without another word.

She had never snapped at anyone before. She wasn’t the kind of person to do that. This was the first time I’ve ever seen her lose her cool and it was with me.

I turned to a gaping Sung Jong.

What have we done?

 

Woohyun’s POV

I was walking down the hall a few minutes before the bell rang for the end of school. I was on my free period so I was wandering around when I saw a familiar figure ahead of me and took off. Once I was close, I caught Kasumi’s swinging wrist and turned her to face me, ignoring the fact that Luna and Krystal were with her. “Kasumi.”

The three of them glanced at me, surprised. Luna raised an eyebrow at me. Krystal glanced anxiously at Kasumi, who looked surprised to see me. “Oppa.”

“Why are you avoiding me?”

“I’m not avoiding you.”

“Hey, we’re going back to class first,” Luna spoke up to Kasumi and Krystal nodded. “We’ll see you tomorrow, then.”

“Oh, but —”

Krystal shook her head as she darted a look at me and back to her. “No, really.”

Luna gave Kasumi a knowing look.

Kasumi bit her bottom lip hesitantly but nodded reluctantly a few seconds later. As soon as Luna ad Krystal were out of earshot, I pulled Kasumi close to me, pinning her up against a locker. I placed my palms on the wall, trapping her in between.

“Why have you been avoiding me?” I demanded to know, leaning down until our heads were touching. “Hmm?”

She flinched. “N – Nothing,” she lied weakly.

I leaned down even more and nuzzled her nose softly with mine as my facial expression softened. “Kasumi,” I said softly, cupping her face with my left hand and she subconsciously pressed her face into my palm. I kissed her lightly on the lips. “What’s wrong? You know you can tell me.”

She smiled softly and shook her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter