Is This Resentment?

Oh My Tutor!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo’s POV

The month of January blew by fast and soon February was approaching. That meant that Woohyun’s birthday was coming up and the rest of us were planning a surprised birthday party behind his back.

I was planning it with the others during lunch time while Kasumi and Woohyun were buying their lunch together when Sungyeol looked up and said, “Hey, did anyone bother telling Kasumi that we’re throwing a party for her boyfriend?”

No one said anything.

I turned to Sunggyu. “I thought you were in charge of telling her!” I frowned.

His eyes went wide. “No!” he denied. “No one told me to tell Kasumi about the plans! I thought Sung Jong was supposed to tell her.”

“Why me?!” the maknae squeaked.

“You’re in the same class as she is,” Dongwoo pointed out.

“But you walk her dog daily! Shouldn’t you be the one telling her?”

“What? Tell Botan to tell Kasumi?” he scoffed. “It’s not like Botan can actually take, you know. He’s a dog!”

“He’s smarter than you,” Sung Jong muttered.

“Yah!”

“I thought Sungyeol was going to tell,” Hoya spoke up, “you know, because he has a big mouth and all.”

Sungyeol glowered at Hoya. “Don’t try to push the blame to me,” he snapped. “You’re the one who acted all chummy and friendly with Kasumi.”

“I was doing them a favor,” Hoya retorted indignantly.

I glanced over at our leader exasperatedly and he nodded before turning back to the others who were still bickering over who should take the blame for not telling Kasumi. “Oh, you guys,” Sunggyu called out loudly. “Just shut up! Sung Jong will tell her.”

“Why me?!” he repeated.

Sunggyu glowered at him but explained patiently, “That’s because you’re in the same class as her. Don’t tell her when Woohyun is around her, obviously.”

“Why can’t someone just text her?”

“Is it that hard to just open your mouth? Which shouldn’t be problem, seeing as you’re doing that to not tell her, and I don’t understand why,” Sunggyu snapped.

“Speaking of which, does anyone even have her number?” Sungyeol spoke up.

“None of us ever contact her outside of school, unless it’s on Facebook,” Hoya mused.

“Does she even have a hand phone?” Dongwoo wanted to know.

“I have her number,” I spoke up smugly.

“Why do you have her number and we don’t?” Sunggyu asked, furrowing his eyebrows together with unhappiness.

“I am her brother, I am supposed to have her number to know what she’s been up to and all,” I shot back.

“Stalker,” the others said at the same time while Sunggyu just shook his head at me.

I shrugged, not caring about what they were saying, and looked over at the line. I saw that the two lovebirds were approaching. “Guys, they’re coming. Shut up, no talk of the party plans. Remember, Sung Jong, when you go into class with her later, you better tell her about the party plans.”

Sung Jong zipped his lips but nodded. “Arraso.”

“And don’t ask her for her number.”

“Why not?!”

“Because only I can have it.”

Kasumi and Woohyun sat down on the table and smiled as us. Sungyeol smirked at me before he turned to Kasumi. “Can I have your number?”

I scowled darkly.

Kasumi blinked, startled to be asked this question. “Deh? My number?”

Dongwoo leaned forward eagerly. “Yeah, it’s not fair that only Myungsoo gets to have your number just because he’s your ‘brother’,” he complained.

“Myungsoo isn’t the only one with her number,” Woohyun spoke up, smirking. He gave me a high-five. “I have her number, too, since I’m her boyfriend.”

“Why doesn’t the grandpa get to have her number?!” Sunggyu asked, hurt. “This is so not fair at all.”

“The best friend doesn’t get her number too!” Sung Jong voiced out his disapproval.

“You have to give us all your number!” Sungyeol declared.

Kasumi smiled and reached for her phone that was kept in her pocket. “Arra, I’ll give you my number, okay?” she reassured the others.

“No!” Woohyun and I blurted out, reaching our hands out to stop her from taking her phone out. “Don’t give it to them!”

“Waaeeeyyooo!” the others pouted.

“So you can’t text my girlfriend more than I do,” Woohyun replied stubbornly. He stuck his tongue out at them.

“So I know that my sister doesn’t have any creepers texting her in the middle of the night,” I spoke up, nodding my head.

“Coming from the person who calls himself L,” Sungyeol pointed out spitefully.

“Owned,” Dongwoo snickered and exchanged high-fives with Sungyeol.

“Real immature, hyung,” I replied.

“If I don’t get her number, I’m not going to —” Ask her to go to the party was what Sung Jong was trying to finish but luckily Hoya was one step ahead of him and kicked him from under the table, cutting him off mid-sentence.

Except he ended up kicking the tall giraffe’s legs instead.

“Ow, hyung! That hurts!” Sungyeol whined, jerking his leg backward, his knee knocking the table, making it shake, and Sunggyu’s drink spilled over onto his lap.

“Ah, fuuddge,” he cursed, immediately standing up.

I automatically put my hands over Kasumi’s eyes while everyone else stared at the stained area on Sunggyu’s pants near his crotch area.

“I’m so sorry, hyung!” Sungyeol immediately apologized. “I didn’t mean to spill your drink on yourself!” He glared at Hoya. “He kicked me!”

Hoya shot Sung Jong a dirty look.

“Oops,” Sung Jong said in a small voice, realizing what he had done and what he almost had done by nearly spilling Woohyun’s surprise party plan.

“I’m sure we have a spare somewhere in the office,” Dongwoo said calmly.

“Um, Oppa?” Kasumi spoke up. “I can’t see.”

I realized I still had my hands over her eyes and slowly removed it. “Oops, sorry,” I said. “Hyung ah,” I said to Sunggyu, “can you turn the other way?”

“Oppa, I’m not a ert,” Kasumi replied.

“Besides, she wouldn’t dare look at anyone’s crotch other than —” When he realized what he was going to say, he shut up, his face going pink.

I raised an eyebrow at him while Kasumi blushed, her face going crimson red.

“I – I m – meant —” he stuttered.

Sunggyu cleared his throat. “Um, I know it’s a little too early but . . .” He looked back and forth between the two lovebirds. “Are you guys already . . . eh . . . you know . . . doing it?”

“NO!” the two of them hastily blurted out. They looked at each other and blushed before they both looked down to their hands.

Just then I noticed something sparkling from Kasumi’s neck and realized she was wearing a necklace with a simple silver chain and I gasped when I realized the pendant on her necklace was Infinite’s symbol. My eyes wandered over to Woohyun’s neck and saw that he wasn’t wearing his necklace!

I bit my bottom lip. Infinite made a pact that we would never take our necklace off and we will only give it to the person we really like, to a girl we are in love with.

Could Woohyun really be that serious about Kasumi already?

After lunch, Kasumi and Woohyun were walking back to class while the rest of us just observed them from the back. They were holding hands when Woohyun placed his hands around her waist and pulled her close and Kasumi kind of tilted her head on his shoulder until they both disappeared out of sight. Ever since they became an item, Woohyun was always with her. They were always together. Like he needed her to be with him at all time. But all of us knew why.

The girls from Seven Heaven were still giving Kasumi death glares and in order to make sure nothing happened to her, someone had to always be with her.

I looked at my friends and wondered if I should tell them what I saw earlier. But then I decided I should talk to Woohyun about it first.

“Don’t you think they are getting a little bit too attached-to-the-hip?” Sungyeol asked, looking at the rest of us.

Sunggyu just smiled. “They’re each other’s first love. Let them be lovey-dovey while they can,” he replied.

“Oh.”

“Wait, Kasumi is his first love?” Dongwoo asked, furrowing his eyebrows together. “I thought that Woohyun had a girlfriend before?”

I burst out laughing. “Are you talking about Luna from f(x)?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter