In the Summer

Oh My Tutor!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo’s POV

It was in the middle May when the teachers announced that the final exams for the year were approaching. That was when everyone started to really study for the exams because the final results will determine which class we get to go to next year.

“Can you believe that a year has almost passed and Myungsoo will be coming up into high school?” Sungyeol asked one day during lunch.

“And Kasumi and I will enter our final year of middle school,” Sung Jong added through a mouthful of rice.

“Sung Jong, close your mouth,” Dongwoo chided.

Sung Jong automatically closed his mouth as he chewed. He swallowed. “I can’t wait for the overnight trip next year!” he went on.

“What overnight trip?” Kasumi wanted to know.

“Oh, right,” I nodded. “I will have fun at my overnight trip.” I turned to Kasumi. “Every year, the teachers will take the Year Eights out on an overnight trip before they ‘kick’ them off to high school.”

Woohyun grinned. “I sure had fun.”

Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Hoya and Sungyeol nodded.

Sung Jong was eyeing us enviously.

I just laughed and ruffled his hair playfully. “Your time will come next year, Sung Jongie ah,” I told him. “Don’t worry about it.”

Suddenly we heard a loud cheer and students from a table nearby started singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to their friend, who was blushing madly. There was even a chocolate cake in front of him. They all looked really happy.

“Oh, it’s someone’s birthday today,” Sungyeol mused thoughtfully.

“No , Sherlock,” Hoya replied sarcastically. He rolled his eyes.

“Then pee, Watson,” Sungyeol retorted but he looked dead proud like that was his best comeback ever.

Hoya stuttered, gaping at him, not knowing how to response to that while the rest of us groaned when we got the joke.

“I don’t get it,” Dongwoo spoke up, frowning. He glanced back and forth between all of us, hoping one of us would put him out of his misery and explain.

But we all ignored him.

“Never mind,” Sung Jong mumbled.

Dongwoo just looked like a little, lost puppy.

I frowned thoughtfully and looked up. Directly opposite of me were the couple, with Woohyun feeding Kasumi. They looked genuinely happy. I smiled. Then I heard the loud cheers again as the birthday boy cut his cake. Then I turned back to the couple and saw that Kasumi was happily sipping out from her juice. She placed it down when Woohyun began to drink out from it too.

“Hey, Kasumi, when is your birthday?” I suddenly spoke up, addressing to my little sister and she looked up, startled.

“Bwoh?”

“Your birthday,” I repeated. “I just realize that we’ve known you for almost a year and yet we don’t know when your birthday is.” Come to think of it, we actually still don’t know much about you except for the fact that you live with your grandmother, and you know f(x) and DBSK. Oh, and that you have a dog named Botan.

But those facts were beside the point.

“Oh, yeah,” Sunggyu nodded, agreeing. “When’s your birthday?”

Hoya gestured over to Woohyun. “Wouldn’t you know? I mean, you are her boyfriend,” he asked Woohyun.

But Woohyun just shook his head, glancing over at his girlfriend. “N – No, I don’t know,” he replied slowly with a slight frown.

Kasumi hung her head.

“You mean you don’t know when your own girlfriend’s birthday is?” Dongwoo asked him incredulously, raising an eyebrow.

Kasumi linked her arm around Woohyun’s and rested her head on his shoulder (Sungyeol and Sunggyu were squealing). “Don’t mock him,” she said. “He had asked me. I just told him that it was soon, that’s all.”

Sung Jong raised an eyebrow, ignoring his hyungs’ fanboying squeals. “So, when is your birthday, exactly?” he wanted to know.

“Erm . . .”

I gave her a stern look. “Kasumi.”

She hesitated, refusing to meet eyes with me. “Two . . . days . . . ago?” She cringed and buried her head in Woohyun’s chest, hugging his waist tightly.

“Wait, your birthday was two days ago?” Dongwoo wanted to confirm.

“But why didn’t you tell us?” Hoya demanded to know.

“You mean you didn’t tell us that your birthday was two days ago?!” Sungyeol and Sung Jong whined.

“How could you not have told your grandpa about it?” Sunggyu exploded.

“Jagiya! Your birthday! How could you not have told your own boyfriend?” Woohyun was incredibly upset.

I raised an eyebrow at her. “Kasumi,” I said slowly and everyone fell silent. “You and I were out together, two days ago. And you didn’t tell —”

“Why were you out with Woohyun hyung’s girlfriend, hyung?” Sungyeol wanted to know. He glared suspiciously at me. “Are you cheating on me behind my back?!”

“What?” I exclaimed, flabbergasted. “No! Sungyeol hyung, don’t be ridiculous! I’m not gay!” I turned to Kasumi.

“Are you!” he pouted.

I glared at him and he cringed.

“Forget I said anything,” he said weakly.

“What were you doing?” Hoya wanted to know.

“We were at the library, trying to catch up on some projects together. You know, like a study group,” I replied. “And also, I was trying to bond with my little sister. Speaking of that.” I turned to Kasumi and frowned. I shook my head sadly and heaved a huge, heavy sigh. “Why didn’t you tell me?” I pouted. “Do you not love your brother enough to tell him that it was your birthday?”

She gave me a look. “Are you seriously trying to lay the guilt trip on me?” she asked, obviously not giving me the reaction I was looking for.

“Ah, Kasumi isn’t as innocent as before,” Sunggyu laughed.

“How come the girls from f(x) didn’t tell us it was your birthday that day?” Sung Jong asked, looking at the girls at their own tables.

“Because we weren’t with them on that day, maybe?” Hoya suggested, looking at the rest of us. “I mean, it was a Saturday. There was no school.”

“But they could have had told us on Friday!” he argued.

“Maybe because they assumed we knew about it?” I reasoned, frowning. I looked at her and sighed. “I am so disappointed in you.”

She pouted. “Ah, Oppa, don’t be mad,” she pleaded.

I softened and smiled at her. “Of course I can’t be mad at you for long.” I reached over and touched the tip of her nose affectionately. “I love you too much to stay mad at you for long.”

Sunggyu jutted his bottom lip out. “I’m still mad,” he whined. He crossed his arms across his chest and turned his body away from us.

“No one cares,” Sungyeol said without thinking. It was too bad he was sitting next to the grandpa because he earned a whack on the head for his cheek. “Ow! I’m sorry! But you didn’t have to hit that hard!”

I glanced over at Woohyun and saw that he was silent. I kicked him under the table and he looked up. I raised an eyebrow. ‘Are you all right?’ I asked through telepathy.

He shrugged and looked away with a deep frown on his face.

I looked at Kasumi and saw that the other guys had distracted her attention from her boyfriend so she didn’t noticed his slightly depressed look.

Hmmm . . . this could be interesting.

I sighed and shook my head.

 

Kasumi’s POV

After school, Woohyun met me at my classroom door like how he would normally wait

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter