The confession

Sincerely, soon to be Yours Truly

 

  Leslie waited by your locker, as she usually did every morning, when a tall boy placed himself right in front of her. She took a step back when she looked up and met gazes with Jonghyun.

   -Hello you~ he sang.

   -. . .Hello.

 Leaning on a locker, the boy spoke once more.

   -So, what are you doing here so early...?

Refusing to make eye contact, Leslie looked down at her shoes. 

   -I'm waiting for _______... 

   -Ah, so, do you usually look this cute?

 Leslie started to blush a little as she turned towards him. Jonghyun smiled.

   -I have a boyfriend already, she said.

   -But has your boyfriend ever told you that you're very pretty...?

 The girl opened , but shut it right back. She gave it a thought and, much to her dislike, he was right. For the past few days, Myungsoo's been calling her short, laughed about her clothes, even though she constantly told him they were someone else's and he more often. 

 

   ~But he still loves me... He's probably just going through a phase... Yeah, it's probably his puberty finally hitting.

 

   -Ay, don't worry Leslie-yah. I'm just saying, the boy rephrased. Well, speaking of the devil...

 Leslie turned around and saw Myungsoo walking towards them. He waved. 

   -Hi Myungsoo! 

   -How's my jagiya, he said, greeting her with a small pec. 

   -I'm fine. And you? 

   -I'm good... Eo? Jonghyun-ah, since when were you at school this early..? 

   -Since I met your girlfriend, he replied, a smirk playing his lips. 

 Myungsoo scoffed.

   -What did you just say...? 

   -Hyung, we're friends right. So let's just...

 Moving himself between Leslie and Jonghyun, he put a hand on his dongsaeng.

   -What. Did. You. Just. Say?

 Before Leslie could hear his response, she felt someone drag her away.

   -You can thank me with bubble tea later.

 Turning to her friend, she smiled.

   -I'm glad you're back ______-ah~


 

  Taking useless routes around the school, you tell Leslie all about yesterday's events and about how you felt. There were nods of  acknowledgements, gasps of surprises and squeals of excitement when you told her about Dongwoo and Niel. About how they dated and how Niel had a whole dictionnary of compliments just for you. The two of you felt like you became best friends all over again. As you enter class, you see Sungjong and Taemin giggling in their own little corner. Seeing you, he got up and purposely blocked your passageway. You move aside, but he follows.

   -Sungjong, what is it?

 He fixed his impecable hair before leaning over and whispering.

   -Did you call... you know who?

   -Ye--

 He put a finger over your mouth, and raised a brow. Catching on, you simply nod. He nodded as well... but not to you. Turning around, you see a familiar boy walk in. He saw Sungjong, and nodded in response. You and Leslie look at each other and quickly go to your seats at the back. You pulled out the chair but someone else plopped themselves down before you. Seeing the red streak in his hair, you know exactly who it was.

   -Pfft. As if! I sit here Jonghyun.

 Turning to you, he pulled a face.

   -And now, I sit here.

 Not wanting to start anything, you decide to simply sit directly in front of Leslie. Turning around, you smile.

   -At least I'm a little closer...

   -It's better than nothing.


 

   ~~14 minutes left before lunch time~~

 

  O.m.g... He won't quit it. For the whole class, I'm hearing their laughter and what seemed like a little flirting. Hasn't he met Myungsoo yet?! I kept on hearing Leslie telling him to stop, but he's still at it! I swear I'm going to... No. Calm down. Only a couple of minutes, and class is over... Breath _______, breath.

   -........_______......boyfriend............cute.....Dongwoo...

 And then giggling.

   -....Niel..........._______.........better

 Okay. That's it. I slammed both my hands on my table, probably scaring the life out of the students and spun around to face the two.

   -Would you just SHUT UP?! 

   -MISS CHOI! 

 I turned back to Mr. Moon and almost yelled.

   -Mr. Moon, Jonghyun's been disturbing me for the whole class! 

   -I knew I heard talking... the teacher uttered. Well then, I think it's time for your first detention mister... Choi. Hm. Both Choi's in a detention room... This should be interesting. 

   -What?! Why do I get detention too?!

 Jonghyun got up and was about to drag Leslie into this mess. Like I was going to let that happen.

   -But Mr. Moon, Leslie was talking as well, he said oh so casually.

   -Is that true miss Kim? 

 Leslie was sort of stunned, so I just decided to bail her out... It's the least I can do, right?

   -No Mr. Moon. Leslie hadn't said a word, it was all Jonghyun.

 The teacher looked at me weird.

   -Then who could he have been talking to, if not miss Kim?

   -Uh.. Well.. Oh. But she wasn't the one that kept me from listening to your lesson. It was Jonghyun's constant blabbering!

   -Well _______, you just had to concentrate more on the lesson, the boy said. 

 Turning to him, I leaned on one leg. 

   -Well, I couldn't concentrate on the lesson with your obnoxious voice ringing in my head, I snapped.

   -Well, my obnoxious voice is going to be the last thing you'll ever hear if you keep this up, he said putting his hands on the desk and leaning towards me. 

 I leaned even closer, our hair brushing against each others.

  -Is that a threat, you sad creature...?

  -Actually, you witch, it's a promise. 

 I glared into his eyes, when I heard the teacher slam a book on someone's desk. 

  -Enough! Both of you!  Detention after school!

   -For what..? Jonghyun yelled. For talking to a student?!

   -For being a disturbance to the students, the teacher snarled. Now sit down, both of you!


 

   ~~Lunch Time~~

   -Well, I guess it's just you and me again...

 Leslie sighed as she sat in front of Dongwoo. The two sulked in their loneliness, wanting their other halfs to be with them. It's not that they were akward with each other, on the contrary, Leslie and Dongwoo were glued at the hip. But they weren't a duo, they were four. And knowing that their friends weren't talking to each other, had slightly saddened them.

 Dongwoo pouted and looked at Leslie. The girl was leaning on her elbow, tossing her food around with her chopsticks. Wanting to lighten both their moods, he got an idea. He first drank up all of her water, without her even noticing, and made sure his bottle was the only source of refreshment on the table. Then, picking up a peice of meat, he dunked it in red hot sauce and called her name.

   -Leslie-yah.

 The girl slowly looked up.

   -Try this, he said smiling. I mix up a couple of stuff.

 Leslie looked at it, curious. She opened to speak and Dongwoo took this opportunity to shove the poisoned meat in . Leslie was stunned for a second or two but soon started to wave her hands in every direction. Dongwoo cracked a smile as he swiped his water bottle away. Leslie looked frantically for some water, as she opened and started to fan it.

   -YA!! DONGWOOOO!! WATER!

 He revealed his bottle and laughed as she tried to reach for it. Seeing her face take a red tint, he decided to let her go. He handed her the water and she grabbed it, pried it open and chugged down the whole bottle. Dongwoo was folded in two. He calmed down when he felt someone's hand on his shoulder.

   -Dongwoo-yah, why are you laughing so hard, Sunggyu asked, Karyn by his side and Myungsoo already by his girlfriend.

 Taking a seat, he let the boy calm himself. Karyn, as usual, was forced to sit on his lap.

   -I fed Leslie some hot sauce.

   -Ay, pabo. She hates that, Myunsoo uttered.

   -But it was so depressing... I want _______ and Howon...

 Clearing , Leslie spoke.

   -I was okay with her in class... But as soon as the bell rung, she left. How about Howon, Dongwoo?

 He shrugged.

   -One minute he's right next to me, the next thing I know, he's gone. I try to talk to him, but he always seems so distant, Dongwoo replied, pouting.

   -Well, Karyn started, I hope those two make up for each other. If not, I'm gonna make them.

   -Oh, oh! Oh! Jagiya! Me too. Me too, I want to help. I want to help too jagiya, pleeeeeeeease~ Sunggyu whined, hugging her tight.

 Karyun rolled her eyes, before caressing his face.

   -Sunggyu, of course you can.

   -Because I'm adorable right jagiya? Jagiya, am I adorable? Like Minseoki?

   -Gyu, you're even better, she replied, shoving food in his mouth.

   -If you two continue, I'm going to hurl.

 Myungsoo gave Dongwoo a questioning look.

   -Hyung, you're just jealous you don't have a girlfriend~ he sang.

  Dongwoo's eyes shot open.

   -M-Mwo?! W-what are you t-talking about..? he stuttered.

   -Honestly, I thought by this time, you and _______ would be together, Myungsoo continued.

 Dongwoo felt sadenned by his remark. But the boy didn't seem to realize his hyungs reactions.

   -Like seriously, hyung, you two were like made for each other! Just ask her out already!

   -Okay, Myung-myung... I think that's enough, Leslie intervened. Dongwoo...? You okay?

 The boy kept his head low as he got up and excused himself to the men's.


 

   ~~Meanwhile...~~

 

   ~I will catch you mister ''Soon to be Yours Truly''! I'll find you, and I'll hug the life out of you. I decided to skip lunch because, other than sprinting to my locker after classes, I think the most logical way this guy might be putting stuff in my locker would be now. Like during lunch... Or maybe he does it during brake time? Ugh... We'll find out soon...

 

 You waited my the corner of the hallway, peeking once in a while to try and catch your secret admirer in the act. Suddenly, you hear a locker swing open. Poking your head out from the corner once again, you see that, once again, it was another random student. Exhaling, you slowly turn back and lean against the wall.

   -Looking for someone?

 You jump at the sound of the boy's voice so close to your ear. Turning around, you are welcomed with luscious lips against your cheek. You instantly turn bright red.

   -Niel! You have to stop doing that! You utter, touching the area he just layed a pec on.

   -But admit that you like it. You blush everytime, he teased.

   -Ay... What do you want Niel?

 The boy brought out a big sky blue lunch box from behind his back and showed it to you, a genuine smile plastered to his face. You look down at it, then back at him, then back at it, then back at him. He sighed, seeing your confusion.

   -It's for us.

   -You packed lunch... for us?

   -Well, yeah. I wanted us to eat together. Look, he said opening a secret compartement and taking out two sets of chopsticks. The green one's for you. You like the color green, right?

 Overwhelmed by his sincere thinking, you simply nod. No one has ever really took the time to pack a lunch for you, and you were so surprised that Niel had to repeat himself at least three times beofre you understood that he wanted to have lunch with you. Being the confident person he is, he took you by the hand and lead you onto the school's campus. You felt a couple of eyes on you two, but you try your best to ignore them. Niel dragged you to the school's huge fountain. It stood high, representing a roaring lion. It always amazed you how that thing even stood so high up.

 The boy sat down at the edge and patted the area next to him. You take a seat and he immediately handed you the chopsticks. He opened the container and you were taken over by the delicious scent of sushi, meat, and warm rice. You look at him, wanting to take the first bite. He smiled once again.

   -Go ahead _______-ah.

 You dig in, savouring every bite. You and Niel quietly and happily ate his prepared meal, when he spoke after awhile.

   -You know... _______, I really like you.

 Chosing another sushi, you answer him.

   -Me too. I've never had anyone prepare lunch for me like this. And it taste good too! Did you pr--

   -Not like that, _______. I mean, I want to be with you.

 You put down the sushi and try to play it off by pretending to not understand. You knew exactly what he meant, but you feel so unstable with the past events that all you want to do is make sure there are no more secrets out there before starting anything new. And jumping straight into a relationship certainly wasn't on your mind... You won't deny that you're into him, but dating Niel right now, didn't feel so right... Or was dating Niel the end of all your worries..?

   -. . . But, you are with me. You're right in fr--

   -No... I mean, I'm asking you... I'm...

   -You want my hand in marriage?!

  -MWO?!

 You laugh at his reaction, and he joined in.

   -No, but seriously. I like you. You're pretty, you're fun, you're laugh is... kind of contagious, and, more than anything, I want you to be happy. Because... I think that you deserve it. And... I want to be... the number one the reason you smile. I want to be the one who can make you laugh and the one to cheer you up when things get rough. I want to look at you and think: Wow... I'm the luckiest person to have you as my girlfriend... Because, I think that you're that awesome. What I'm saying is...

 Niel took your hands in his and looked you straight in the eyes.

   -Choi _______, will you go out with me?


 

 Howon leaned on the big blossom tree with his phone glued to his ear. He was smiling as he listened to his boyfriend's voice.

   -Maybe after school, you could come over.

 His smile disappeared.

   -But won't _______ be mad..?

   -The hell with my sister! She's an emotional wreck right now.

 The boy became speechless as he panned his surroundings.

   -. . .I know that came off as rude, but she's my sister and your friend; and we both know that she can't stay mad at us for long. 

   -I wouldn't count on it jagiya... I've never seen her so angered, Howon continued as he admired the school's huge stone lion.

   -Don't worry Howon-ah. Everything will be back to normal soon enough.

   -Ne... So, you said she was an emotional wreck..? Why?

   -Oh, guy problems... I don't know.

 Keeping his eyes glued at the scene of two students sitting on the fountain's edge, Howon furrowed his brows.

   -Hyunsik-ah, what do you mean by... guy problems?

   -I mean that she's too complicated for me to understand, but all I know is that it involves guys... And noona won't tell me anything either.

   -Uhmm... Do you know which guys...?

   -No... Why are you asking me this all of a sudden?!

 Trying to absorb what was happening right in front of him, Howon clears his throat.

   -Because... I think I just saw Niel and  _______ kiss.

   -MWO..?!


 Further away, seated at a table in the outdoors, two male students watched you two from afar. The one with the jet black hair picked up another piece of rice cake and ate it. He listened expressionlessly as his dongsaeng whined.

   -Hyuuung, Niel hyung got a waay easier part...

 Looking back at him, the older flatly answered.

   -I say not. He has to make sure things don't get too complicated and he is forbided to get attached. Knowing Niel, your hyung tends to... do exactly the opposite. I still remember the last one... Died because of his foolishness. Whereas you, on the other hand, will have it easier when you make the cut. Myungsoo will be there anyways... As for me, I get the joyous job of keeping watch over you two airheads. 

   -But hyung, it's harder because Myungsoo is always there, the boy continued. And what happens if he does get too close to _______...?

   -I can't really say... That's why I'm pissed about the boss giving us such an assignment. I feel like we're ruining their whole lives... Especially _______'s. I'm not liking this little electric wave... We have to be... Nice.

   -No hyung, you have to be nice. Niel hyung has to be romantic, and I have to be... persistant.

   -Of course... And by the way, a little word of advice... Try to befriend _______ would you...? It'll make your job a whole lot easier.

   -Ne, hyung.