We're not dating... yet.

Sincerely, soon to be Yours Truly

 

  You sat in class with your fingers constantly grazing your lips. The teacher lectured the afternoon's lesson, but all you could think about was Niel. You totally forgot what your answer was when he confessed to you, but you remember perfectlty what he said before he pulled your shirt, bringing you in. You remember the sight of his lustful eyes looking straight into yours and telling you exactly what he wanted. You remember the feeling of his hand on your cheek, guiding you closer to his parted lips. You remember closing your eyes and almost losing it when you felt his soft lips tangled with yours. You remember the tickling feeling when he ran his hand through your hai...

   -Choi _______. 

 Snapping back to reality, you realize that the whole class was staring at you. Mr. Moon sat on his desk murdering you with his glare. 

   -Uh... Ye, Mr. Moon...?

   -Would you like to share what's on your mind Ms Choi? You seemed awfully far away in thought for the, say, I don't know, THE WHOLE CLASS?! he suddenly barked.

   -Uhmm.. Uh... I was... I... I need to change. 

   -Excuse-me? 

   -. . . Y-You know... That time of the month...? You know when gi--

   -I know, Ms Choi. Okay... Here. Take this slip... Don't take too long, we'll see each other in detention if you miss the rest.

 Walking up to the front, you take the piece of paper and casually leave the class, making sure Leslie saw your smirking face before closing the door.


 

   ~~Your P.O.V~~

 

   Finally...! My period? Pfft! Yeah right. Of course, I didn't just leave class because I wanted to stroll the school. Oh no, ain't nobody got time for that. Since I'm stuck in detention with pabo Jonghyun, and I guess the only time this secret admirer of mines would have to put stuff in my locker would be... right about now, I wanted to catch him in the act. And how does he even know my lock combination?!  Anyways... The school looks super big when there's no students running around. I stuck out my hand and let it glide the walls as I tried my best to quietly walk. I wanted to see if anyone else was here... I think I walked around the whole school at least five times to look for someone and before really appreciating it's calmness.

   Wow... You know what, walking around like this is quite comfortable. There's no one around to shove you aside... The big windows at random points along the hallway let in like... sparkly light. And the sound my shoes made with the floor was sort of... soothing? It was so cool, I felt like I was in a fairytale or something... 

 *SLAM~*

 I froze. Was that my locker...?! Oh my gosh...! I busted a sprint to my hallway. I swear, I've never ran so fast in my life. When I came to the corner, I tried to slow down, but I ended up sliding and bashing myself up against the wall of lockers. I felt one of the handles dig into my side, probably creating a bruise. Hearing my locker door slam shut, I quickly looked up... But I was too late. All I got to see was a boy in the uniform, wearing a black hat over his head. It took me only seconds to decide to run after him... Even though I was still trying to catch my breath ;o. I think he heard me going after him, because he started to run faster. 

   -Ya! Come back! It's okay! I just want to see you! I called out through the empty hallway. 

 He quickly turned a corner, but I quickly followed. He ran up the stairs, I skipped steps just to catch up. The boy tried to lose me, but I refused to give up. We were at it for what seemed like forever and just when I thought I was going to catch up to him, he was suddenly granted super powers and turned a sharp corner. The amount of time not having him in my vision was probably 8 seconds or so, but when I held the wall to turn, Mr. Moon stood in front of his door, hands crossed over his chest. Confused, I looked for the boy. I let out a growl when I saw him leaning by a wall behind Mr. Moon, totally out of his field of vision. Lucky boy... Well, we were two trying to catch our breath. 

   -Ms. Choi. Had a little excercice did we?

 Honestly, I was too out of breath to answer him. I simply coughed and pointed towards the boy. The teacher peered behind his door to look at the hall behind him. He turned back around with an irritated face.

   -Don't tell me. You saw a ghost..?

 Ugh... I won't even bother. I looked back at the hallway myself and saw that he had already left. Hm. Smart. Brushing it off, I walked towards the classroom, heart still racing, breath not yet regulated. But the moment I stepped foot into class, the bell rung. Before I knew it, the class emptied within a blink of an eye. 

   -I'll tell T.O.P that you'll be late today, Leslie said as she exited. 

   -You know what, just tell him I won't come in today... I think this is going to be one looooooong detention...

 Leslie nodded then walked away... Leaving me in the class with Jonghyun and Mr. Moon. 

   -Both of you sit right here, Mr. Moon said, pointing at two desks right in front of class. Grrrrrreat. Time to put my ignoring skills to the test...


 

   I looked at the clock. This man has been dancing for the past 30 minutes. Oh he was lecturing us alright... But he always had to incorporate some useless moves to go with his words. Like, you seriously can't just make us clean or something?! He ranted, but whatever he was saying was going in through one ear, and out through the other. I was litterally sinking into my chair when Mr. Moon slammed his hands on my desk. I swear, my chin almost hit the edge of the desk. 

   -Sit up and listen to me! You have to learn to have a good posture when the teacher is talking, because it is a blah blah blah...

 Once again, I cancelled out his voice. I turned to Jonghyun, who's totally new to this whole detention thing. He looked completely out of it. His expression looked both terrified and tired at the same time. And he bounced his left leg like he was in a hurry or something. 

   -Ya! Choi _______, it's me you're supposed to look at! You must always look at the person talking because it is ve...

 The door to the classroom opened and a very familiar face popped out. 

   -Eo...? Ahn Daniel. What brings you here...? Did Mr. Yook want some paperwork?

   -Eh? Aniyo, Mr. Moon. I... Actually... I came here for... _______...

 The teacher looked speechless for a bit. He cleared his throat before speaking. 

   -Well, as you can see, Ms Choi is in detention right now... So, unless you want to hear me scold these two trouble makers, I would like you to leave. Besides, you're a good kid, Daniel. What are you doing with Ms Choi? 

   -. . . Uhmm... Well, he started, coming into the class and shutting the door right behind him. Actual--

 The teacher dramatically gasped. 

   -Don't tell me you two are dating...?!

 At that, I opened my mouth to protest so fast, I chocked on my own saliva.

   -Uhh yes, Mr. Moon. Niel hyung and _______ are dating, Jonghyun suddenly blurted.

 I looked at him and had the slight urge to ram his head into his desk. What does he know about me and Niel?! 

   -Eo..? You don't agree with him... Jagiya?

 Oh no he didn't. 

   -What are you talking about?!

 The two boys looked at each other. What in the world are they cooking up?! Omg how dare Mr. Moon start to laugh in a situation like this. All of a sudden, I felt Niel wrap his arms around my shoulders. He bent down and kissed my cheek. How many times is he going to do that?! I stood up but Mr. Moon spoke before I could leave.

   -Ms. Choi, it's very rude to le--

   - Yeah, yeah, we get it! Are you going to scold me, or would you rather watch me balance out my love life, I snapped.

 All three of them stared at me when Niel whispered something into Mr. Moon's ear. The teacher nodded and let us loose. What?! Niel has that kind of power?! How come he gets to do that..?! Why can't I ask the teacher something so easily... Jeez!

 I quickly walked out of class, I've had too much of Niel for today.

   -Choi _______, you better wait for your boyfriend..!

 Sweet mother of Kimchi...


 

   ~~No One's P.O.V~~

 Much to your discomfort, Jonghyun left the two of you at the lockers to go join the others at the library. The boy followed you to your locker and patiently waited. 

   -_______, you should try to clean up your attitude... 

 His remark shocked you that you forgot your lock combination and had to restart once again. You pulled down and answered him.

   -You should consult others before making decisions. 

 Snaking his arms around you, he leaned in.

   -I'm sorry jagiya, he purred. 

   -Don't call me that... 

 You swing your locker open expecting the sweet scent of cotton candy, but there was no such a thing. You see another lock resting on the sealed letter. 

 

   ~Should I tell Niel...? Pfft! There's already too many things that he knows about me... And too little that I know about him! Yeah, not going to tell him..

 

 You quickly put the lock and letter into you bag with the rest of your homework. Closing your locker, Niel refused to let you go. 

  -Ugh... Niel, why can't we just be friends...?!

   -Because we both know that we're more than that, beautiful.

   -. . . How do you know if I like you or not?

   -Because you do _______. You can't even look at me without your face turning slightly pink!

 He broke the hug and looked you straight in the eye. He seemed to search for something in your gaze. You tried your best to keep a straight face, but nothing seemed to go your way.

 

   ~Woah... I'm seeing flowers and bubbles. O.M.G. I'm seeing flowers and bubbles around his face. His eyes are sparkling and those lips. Ugh!

 

 Not even a couple of seconds had passed and you already started to blush. The boy chuckled when you turned away. He put his arm around you and guided you through the gates of school.

   -C'mon lovely, let's have some bubble tea.


 

  Walking in, you see Woohyun and Sungyeol at table for two. Sungyeol looked pretty content, but the other boy was looking like a nervous wreck. You wonder how they got out of work as Niel seats you by the big window. The boy put down his bag and went to go order without even asking you. You waited for a bit when you feel your phone vibrate.

 

     From: Yeollie giant

      I see you~ I thought you were in detention ;o Is Dongwoo hyung with you?

 

 You look over to the two for any sign of them noticing you: they sat there still engaged in conversation. You look down at your phone and start typing.

 

     From: _______

       No, I'm here with Niel... He bailed me out of detention ^^ What are you two doing...?

     

      From: Yeollie giant

       I think hyung wants to confess to me... But he's failing miserably! He looks cute when he trips over himself, for once it's not me ;P And since when do you hang out with Niel..? Y'know Dongwoo hyung was looking for you during lunch?

     

       From: _______

        Well, I was with Niel @ lunchtime too... Ya! Just tell him that you fancy him already! He's a complete wreck in front of you xD

 

      From: Yeollie giant

        ________-ah! Dinohyung was worried!! And I guess so was Leslie... By the way... Are you guys in a fight or something? You and hyung?

 

     From: ________

      I guess you could say... I don't feel like seeing him today though. Maybe tomorrow we'll be better. Don't worry about Dongwoo, Yeollie! Worry about Woohyun xD 

 

     From: Yeollie giant

       Arasseo ^^ I'll leave you two alone... But make up with Dongwoo _______-ah... For the sake of our friendship >.<  Pleeeease~~~~

 

     From: _______

      Ne, I will! Have fun Sungyeol ^^

 

 You put away your phone just as Niel comes back with your order. The boy put down two mango bubble teas on the table and sat down in front of you. You mutter a thank you before taking a sip. The boy tried his drink as well, before speaking.

   -You know, _______, it's my first time trying the mango one... 

 You almost spat out what was in your mouth. 

   -Eh?! But the mango one is the best!

 He broke into a smile. 

   -So, have you thought about Saturday...? 

   -What do you mean... If I've thought about it? 

   -Like... What you want to get, he said. 

   -. . . Are you really paying for everything...?

 He paused to drink, then continued. 

   -You're so cute... you're not going to make me buy the whole mall~

   -How much are you bringing?! 

    -Ya~ Stop worrying about that. And I want to pay anyways! No more protesting! 

    -But I j...

    -Ah ah?! 

 Giving up, you close your mouth and drink your bubble tea. Your phone vibrates once again... and once again, it's Sungyeol.

 

      From: Yeollie giant

        By the way, are you and Niel dating?! I want to be the first to know  ^.^''~

 

   ~Oh my gosh... 

 

 You look at Niel, who was already looking at you, and you smile nervously. 

 

   ~Should I say yes..? Maybe things will start clearing up... No! Not yet _______... Let's just wait until Saturday; see what he's really like..

 

       From: _______

         Aniya, not yet... Are you and Woohyun dating ;P ?

 

       From: Yeollie giant

         We are now xD!!! Wait t'ill I tell everyone! Are you guys staying until the others get here after work? Anyways, I'm going over there right now, I'm just so excited >.< I hope you guys are still here when we get back :) 

 

 You instantly look up and see Sungyeol and Woohyun leave the shop, hand in hand. Woohyun looking more relived. 

 

   ~Well they look happy... Everything's so simple for them. Why can't my life be simple..?! I have a secret admirer, a best friend who's... not really a best friend anymore... and Niel. Ay... Where's Leslie when I need her...

 

   -Eo? What are you two doing here..?!

 You look up and see Sunggyu and Karyn with their drinks in their hands, being the perfect couple they are.

   -Ya, _______, where were you at lunchtime? Karyn asked. 

   -Eh... I was with Niel, you reply sheepishly. 

   -Ayy, _______-ah... Sunggyu started as he pinched your cheek. Our dongsaeng is all grown up now, jagiya! And Niel-ah~ Long time no see! How are you?

   -I'm doing well hyung. We should hang out sometime... Like the good old days. 

 Suddenly, the white of Sunggyu's eyes could be seen. 

   -Like all 13 of us? Sure, why not! How's this Saturday? 

   -. . . Uh. How about the day after that? 

   -Eo? Wae...?

 Niel glanced at you before answering.

   -. . .Me and _______ are going on a date.

 At that, Karyn hit your arm.

   -Ya! How come I didn't know about this?! Aigooooo _______! So you guys are dating...?

   -Eo? Niel-ah! Why didn't you tell me~ Sunggyu chirped.

 You rub your arm as you answer Karyn.

   -Ah, Karyn unni... That hurt... And I was going to tell you... When everyone was here. And no, we're not dating... yet. 

   -Yet..? Ya. You tell me when you're dating, arasseo? You'll know who to call, ne? 

   -Ne, unni. 

   -Oh, and _______, you still have to claim your bunnies, Sunggyu reminded.

   -Ne! Bring them to Karyn unni's place on Friday. 

   -Eo, see you guys!

 Sunggyu patted Niel's back as he and Karyn left. Turning to you, Niel took your hands and intertwined your fingers. 

   -You know _______, we might as well start dating.

 You were toooootally speechless. Everything was going so fast. You still needed to clear things up with Dongwoo and find out who this secret admirer of yours is. And you still needed to update Leslie on things... You gave it a thought before answering.

   -. . . How about we wait until Saturday. 

 The boy pouted but kept your hands together.

    -Arasseo... So, beautiful, shall we wait for the others...?


    

  The boy clenched his cup so hard it crumbled in his hands. His brothers stared at him as he fumed. They turned in the direction he was facing and spotted a cute couple sitting near the window, happily holding hands across the table. The middle brother scoffed at the idea of his hyung being jealous whilst the younger sibbling decided to speak up.

   -Hyung... What's wrong..?

   -Wonsik-ah, can't you see that your hyung is clearly jealous of those two...? That's probably the girl he won't shut up about...

   -Eo..? I'm not jealous, the boy whined.

   -Hyung, you're all red, Wonsik noticed as he pointed at his cheek.

 Covering his face, the boy dropped his head on the table. Himchan shook his head. Seeing his hyung in such a state, Wonsik put a hand on his back.

   -It's okay hyung, there are many other fishes in the sea. Himchan hyung had the same problem before~

   -Ya, that's none of your business, Sik-ah.

   -But hyung... Put yourself in his shoes... remember those days with Jongup hyung..? And now you guys are together... Let's help hyung... We're his brothers now, ne? 

 Sighing heavily, Himchan cleared his throat. 

   -Arasseo... but it won't be easy, eo... 

 The boy nodded without looking up. 

   -Ne... Are they dating yet..? he asked as he peered at the couple. 

 Lifting his head up, the Cream Prince sulked.

   -I hope not Himchannie... 

 Himchan smiled and ruffled his older brother's hair.

   -Arasseo. I'll help you, but I can't promise anything... And if they are dating, I can only do so little. Ne? 

   -Ne...

   -Eo hyung, don't be like that... You're making us both feel bad now. Cheer up okay? And why don't you just talk to her...? You're like staring at her, it's super creepy hyung... 

   -Ne hyung, befriend her or something... 

   -Arasseo, I will. Thanks guys...

   -No problem, hyung. We're brothers now. No more changing homes, we'll protect you no matter what, Himchan declared. 

   -Ne hyung! Fighting! Wonsik joined. 

 The Cream Prince felt tears forming. He never had that kind of support with his other families. Feeling content all of a sudden, he got up and bear hugged his brothers. The two almost choked in his embrace. When he finally let go, the two gasped for air. 

   -Alright hyung, we love you too... But would you soften your hugs a bit..? We're like dying here.

   -Ne. You guys are the best, he said smilling. 

   -Yeah... By the way, Wonsik started, did you lose my handkerchief again..?!