2 Months Later

Sincerely, soon to be Yours Truly

   ~~Lunch Time~~

 

   "Leslie, damnit!"

 You, Niel, Myungsoo and Leslie sat at a table on the school's vast campus. With Niel by your side, the four of you ate under the summer sun. It was currently the last day of school before the mid year brake and you and Niel were already getting used to each other. With his pet names, creative compliments, great amount of care and unlimited love, you wonder why you two never got together earlier. Despite it being a Friday, your manager insisted on your group to be working since "you're kids and you have a long way to go, so this is just to prepare you for the unfair rules of life''.

 Although your and Niel's relationship had gotten waaaay better, Leslie's and Myungsoo's had gotten a little... unstable. A few days after your date, Leslie had been noticing Myungsoo's weird actions. He would be passive when she would talk to him, he often refused to hang around her and snapped on her almost always... which was just what happened.

   "Wae?! What's wrong with you?! No one told you to put your bottle there!" she yelled.

   "Hey, you two!" Niel interrupted. "What's up with you guys..? Since when were you two like this?!'

 

   ~Ahhh Niel! Why did you have to ask?! Ugh... Here we go again...

 

 Myungsoo opened his mouth, but Leslie beat him to it.

   "Ever since this PABO started acting all weird!"

 The said boy slammed his hands on the table and stood up, making the three others jump. Seeing Myungsoo act in such a way was pretty scary for both you and Niel. He shot Leslie the meanest glare.

   "I'm acting all weird?! How am I acting all weird?! You're the one always talking with Jonghyun, always leaving me, always paying attention to others but me!" he hollered.

   ". . . What? Is this what everything's all about? That I don't give you enough attention?! Am I not allowed to talk to other people without permission? Is that what you're telling me? I'm not your slave Myungsoo!"

   "No, but you are my girlfriend...! I thought you loved me... Do you still love me..?"

   ". . . Of course I do. But, I like to talk to other people once in awhile, okay? It's nothing like what you think."

   "Oh please, spare me your bull. Excuse me, I have more important things to do than listen to your nonsense!" And with that the boy stormed away from the three perplexed teens, Leslie on the edge of crying her life out.

  

   ~~In Class~~

 

   "_______, what should I do..? What's wrong with me..? Am I really too much? _______? _______..? Ya!''

 Leslie whispered to you and you listened. And althouh you kept on telling her that it was not much of a big deal, your best friend insisted on something dark going on. 

   "Leslie, you out of all people, should know that when Myungie gets mad, he tends to say things he doesn't mean. Arasseo?!"

   "Aniya... I've never seen him like this. Do you think... there's someone else?"

   "Leslie! He would never..!"

   "He's saying that I'm the one leaving him, but I'm not! He stopped talking to me after awhile, he never answers my texts and I KNOW he's trying to avoid me."

 There was a silence between you two, enough for you to come up with the most obvious suggestion.

   "Leslie, why don't you just tell him how you feel?"

   ". . . And what do I feel?"

   "I dunno, you tell me. Just remember, if he really cares for you, he should accept whatever happens and just let it go. Do youget what I mean?"

 Leslie thought for a bit and whispered.

   "Ne. I think I'll tell him at the café."

   "Cool. So, can I copy your notes...?"


 

  ~~Your P.O.V~~

 Opening my locker, I could smell the cotton candy again. This guy never quits does he. From the dozens of letters I've received so far, he's made it pretty clear that he likes me. But it's frustrating! This guy really has a way with words. I swear I've cried a couple of times over the sadness and hurt he's been through. 

 He's mentioned everyone at least once: Howon the manliest gay guy he's known, Leslie the bestest best friend he thinks I could find, Dongwoo the most sensitive person out of us all, Sunggyu the clueless and the list goes on... So I'm thinking that it might be someone I rarely talk to, but talk to anyways...

 The locker he provided was pretty essential, but I don't often use it. I like to feel like just existing is good enough for him. But he seems to want to be more than friends. And I'm pretty torn between accepting that he likes me and leaving it at that or rejecting him completely because I've sort of already started to fall for Niel...

 Getting to know Niel was somewhat like a paralelle trip down memory lane. Truth be told, the guy knew me before I even knew him! He said he first saw me when we were just starting grade school. He said when he saw me in the playground with Leslie,that he promised himself that we would one day become the greatest of friends. And look where we are now. More than just friends. 

 I haven't told Niel about the letters yet, and I don't intend to. I think it would be best if he just didn't know about it. I think he'd freak out and send out a search party to find the poor guy... I'd understand if he did, but he's just a sad guy trying to voice his feelings out. I wonder if I'll ever get to meet him... His letter could be so touching sometimes.

 At home, I used two shoe boxes so far to keep the letters hidden under my bed. I wouldn't want anyone finding out about him either. Yesterday' I started a new shoe box. Leslie says this isn't right, but I have to. I have to keep him a secret from Niel because my mind is still adjusting to the fact that I have one cute, luscious lipped boyfriend. Ugh, his lips are just... killing me!

 Niel likes to make me feel loved intimately. He's often caressing, hugging, touching, kissing me, the little things that I see in the movies. It's not that it's akward, it actually feels cool that he's enthusiastic, but it sort of frustrating that he's always catching me off guard. Like, my last boyfriend never bought me ice cream and kiss the excess food from the sides of my mouth and then proceed into a freaking make out session!

 Wow, that day got really heated... Anyways! My point is, I don't think I've... really ever felt this way... before... about someone. I guess that how stuff works, huh. And I guess I'm going to have to get used to it...

 Today, instead of a heartwarming letter, there was a simple time in the middle of the page:

 

    Dear Masked Corruption,

      10:15 p.m

     ~Sincerely, soon to be Yours Truly

 

 Well that's helpful. What the hell happens at ten at night?! shoving the letter and my homework in my bag, I went to join everyone else at the library. 


 

   ~~At the library~~

 

 You were put at the front desk just because you were the last to arrive. Being the last day of school, the library was pretty empty with the exception of a few brainiacs. You rearranged the pencils and pens, played with the stamps, wrote many pointless post-it notes, anything to just release you from your boredom. Usually, it's Fei who takes the front desk because she actually enjoys it. Today, however, she decided to let you "experience" the work. How you sulked in your quiet boredom. 

 You see Minseok and Karyn from afar, helping each other rearrange some books. You smiled to yourself knowing that if a certain boyfriend of hers walked in, he'd freak. A little closer to you, but still too far to bother, was Sungyeol and Woohyun. The two sat at a study table whispering. The couple giggled after awhile and restarted whispering. That went on for pretty much the whole day.

 You envied the two slackers having fun on the job. Near the aisle of books, Howon and your brother seemed to be busy in a playful argument. Your brother looked happy, and you instinctively smiled. It was good to know that he was with someone you could... somewhat trust. You scanned the area for your bestfriend, but she wad nowhere to be found. From the corner of your eye, you see someone approaching.

   "Hey."

   "Hi Dongwoo.''

 After the fountain incident and the new phone he got you, things between you and Dongwoo had become a little awkward. You were alright with each other, but there was still an invisible wall between you and things were just never the same. He's also been acting quite strange lately. Like he became a stranger to you. 

 Usually, the two of you would jump into each others arms when you see each other at lunch, now it is but a simple 'hello'. You felt like he was keeping away since you're dating Niel, but you didn't want it to be that way.

   "Why are you at the front? Isn't it supposed to be Fei noona?" he asked, leaning onto the desk.

   "Yeah, but she put me here for today... What are you doing here?"

   "I was looking for Myungsoo. He's been really moody these days."

   "Tell me about it. I'm never sure when he's going to snap on us. Is something going on with him?"

 As you were talking, Dongwoo joined you behind the desk.

   "There has to be, the boy concluded. Now, move over. I want to sit."

 You shot him a perplexed look, but got up nonetheless. Dongwoo sat down and patted his lap. 

   "Really, Dongwoo?"

 Your friend giggled. 

   "Well you're not going to stand for the rest of your shift." he said.

 You crack a smile and sat comfortably on the boy. He rolled the chair forwards and stopped when your thigh touched underneath the desk. You feel Dongwoo lean on your back. His warmth made you tingle all over. The two of you stayed like that, the moment too perfect for either to slightly move. 

 It was strange, the sort of forbidden rush of passion that suddenly filled your body. Dongwoo closed his eyes. Twenty minutes passed, no sign of the boss, no sign of Myungsoo, no sign of Leslie. Your friend's steady breathing made you wonder if he had fallen asleep like that. You leaned back, getting a little stiff in your previous position, and Dongwoo did the most unexpected thing. You felt him snake his arms around you and hugged you close. He snuggled into your back.

 At this point, you weren't sure if the boy was actually sleeping or was just messing with you. You also weren't sure if you should get up and go to Sooyoung or just sit down and let her come to you.

 The girl had walked into the library locking arms with another boy. You attempted to get up, but Dongwoo held you tight. Now, the image of Niel walking through those doors haunted the back of your mind. 

   "I missed you _______." he muttered. 

 You had no idea how to answer him, so you kept quiet. 

   "I'm not saying that... Niel is... a bad guy... I mean... that he's... no, Niel, that he's... What I want to say is... you should... well Niel can sometimes... he's..."

   "Dongwoo."

 He released you and turned you around. Dongwoo smiled, the same strange smile he pulled nowadays. You would give anything to see a genuine teethy Dongwoo smile.

   "Just... take care of yourself _______, arasseo?"

   "Ne."

 You both got up and the boy disappeared behind the books. Sooyoung spotted you and waved. She dragged the boy along with her as she approached you. You didn't recognize the poor boy, but the two certainly knew each other.

   "_______! _______! Heeey _______!"

   "Sooyoung, this is a library," you harshly whispered.

 When she got to you, Sooyoung and the boy leaned on the desk.

   "_______, guess what?" she excitedly asked.

 Before you opened your mouth, the girl quickly answered.

   ''I'm dating Yongguk! And I have to thank you _______, you inspired me~"

 You were so confused, but you didn't even bother asking. Instead you ask about the boy she brought along.

   "Oh him? This is Chanhee. Chanhee, _______, _______, Chanhee. I thought you guys met."

 Of course the two of you met. It was Sunggyu's party and he went crazy on Sungjong... Except he looked a little calmer now, which was sort of diffrent. The two of you shook hands and the girl continued.

   "Well, I just came here to thank you. Oh and to give you this." she said handing you a blingged out pink necklace with a jeweled pink bow at the end and a small blue card. "The necklace is from me, of course. Aaaaaand the blue card is from a very good kisser." The girl winked at you then left the library, dragging Chanhee along with her. You put on the gift and open the card.

 

       To my lovely Choi _______,

       I would walk throught the desert,

       I would walk down the aisle,

       I would swim al the oceans,

       Just to see you smile~

       But I don't have enough time for that,

       Except that walking down the aisle thing, that would be neat.

       I'll be at the cafe after your shift,

       Bubble Tea's on me or maybe just something to eat?

        ~Sincerely, that speacial someone.

 

 You close the card with a smile and spent the rest of your shift daydreaming of the chestnut boy.


 

  ~~At the Cafe~~

 

 You enter expecting Niel's smilling face, instead, you see Leslie running towards you, grab you by the arm and pull you out. She made you follow her into the jewelry shop across the street. When you finally got to see her face, her eyes were red with tears and she looked devastated. You open your mouth to speak, but she hugged you and started to cry once more.

   "Leslie... Leslie!"

   "H-He said t-that I'm s-s-such a d-diva! Myung.. Myungsooo!!!"

   "What..?"

   ". . .H-He said... He sa--"

 The sound of your phone made her stop. Leslie let go of you and you answered your phone.

   "Hello?"

   "_______, they broke up."

   "Niel..?"

 You were confused. How did Niel know this?

   "Yeah babe, it's me.  I'm with Myungsoo."

   "Uhmm... okay. So, what happened? Should I bring Leslie back there..?"

 Your bestfriend immediately started to frantically wave her hands, signaling refusal.

   "No, it was pretty heated in here. Just, uh... do some comfort stuff you girls always do. You know like, ice cream... and stuff"

   "Okay, okay. By the way, I really liked your card. It was sweet. You're... already planning our wedding I guess..?"

 The was a pause on the other side and to make sure he hadn't hung up on you, you started again.

   "Oppa..?"

   "I'm right here sweetheart. I'm just... I didn't send you any card. N-Not that I wouldn't, I just didn't send you one today... Not that I wasn't th--"

   "So you didn't write it..?"

   "No. Who gave it to you?"

 Your head suddenly start to spin and you almost fell if it wasn't for Leslie's fast reflexes. She looked at you concerned. You quickly scanned the shop and outside for anyone suspicious. You put your phone up to your ear once more.

   "_______!"

   "Sooyoung. Sooyoung gave it to me. But she was sure it was from you. Niel, I'm... I'm freaking out."

   "Don't worry _______, I'll be right there."

   "But what about Leslie and Myungsoo? They'll b--"

   "They'll just have to see each other again. You are more important to me _______, so stay there arasseo?"

   "Ne."


 

 He sat there and watched a furious Myungsoo walk out the doors with a calm Niel. He knew you weren't coming back, but he stayed seated. He was the one who gave you the card, of course. He planned everything out. Make Dongwoo do a little skinship to confuse you, try to mix up your feelings, give the card to Sooyoung and wait for you at the cafe so you could see what a sweet person he was.

 But no. This time, instead of Dongwoo being the obstacle, it was now Niel. And he knew very well that Niel was going to be tough to brake. Hopefully, with the help of his brothers, he would succeed. If not, then he would just have to take things to the next level. 

   "Did I do well hyung?"

 Dongwoo had taken a seat in front of him and drank some of his bubble tea.

   "I hope so. What makes you hesitate?" he asked.

   "I don't know... that it's Niel she's dating? How am I supposed to compete with Niel?! He's... hot."

 The Cream Prince had to contain his laughter and kept a straight face.

   "Are you saying you want Niel more than _______?"

   "A-Aniyeyo. I'm j--"

   ''Because if it is, it's okay, really'' he cut in.

   "No! I want _______. I just don't want to force her out of a relationship, that's all. If it's him she wants... then I'd feel like the bad guy trying to separate them." 

 Dongwoo cared a lot about you, but seeing you happy was more than enough for him. There was just a small need constantly running through his mind that made him want to be your boyfriend instead of Niel. It just shatters him to see you with someone else, especially if that person is Niel. 

   "Dongwoo, you're not the bad guy here, trust me. There's something about Niel that's not right, and I'm going to find out what."

   "Jjinja? What do you think it is?"

   "I don't know yet, but just trust me. _______ will be single in no time. Arasseo?"

   "Ne!"

 

   ~That's right. Trust me Dongwoo. Trust me like the little idiot dog you are. Go and fetch me my darling and let yourself rot in your own misery. You know there is no "us" in "help", but there is a "clueless " in "Dongwoo". I will have you jagiya, you just wait. I will save you from these bastards and fill you with my love. Then, we will be together for evermore. My dear Choi _______, you will be mine. That's a promise.