Sungjong's gift

Sincerely, soon to be Yours Truly

   ~~Hyunsik's P.O.V~~

 

   Ugh... 7:20... Got to wake up _______.. I knew I should have told her earlier... She's probably still mad. I got out of bed and when to her room. Standing in front of her door, I sort of felt nervous. I knocked twice and waited. Pfft! Who am I kidding? She won't open the door! I turned the handle and peeked inside. 

   -_______...

   Stepping inside, I realized her bed was empty. Oh... I guess she's already awake. 

 I quickly freshened up and got dressed. Going down the stairs, I see noona sitting her lazy bum on the couch. Lucky... She doesn't have to hurry up in the morning... Putting on my shoes, and starting to lace them, I heard noona's voice.

   -Sik-ah, you owe me 50. 

 Yeah right...

   -What are you talking about noona?

   -Remember that bet we made when _______ started highschool...?

   -Uh... No.

   -We bet 50$ that _______ would never be able to beat you to school an--

   -Nooooooooo....... Don't tell me she left before me, I said, shocked.

   -Fine. I won't. Just give me the money. 

 Sandara noona got up and peered at me from the couch. She held her hand out. 

   -Noona... I don't have that money, I said trying my best to look cute.

   -...Yet. You don't have my money, yet. You're giving me that money, eo. 

 I stood up and walked towards the door. 

   -You dream in color Dara noo... YYAA!! 

 A soju bottle flew right past me and crashed on the door. She's totally on a hangover.

   -Arasseo!! I'll give you your money! Kbyeloveyou!! 

 With that I ran out the door before another bottle is thrown.


 

   ~~Leslie's P.O.V~~

 

   -Oh! _______! There you are! I was just... wondering... ________! 

 I saw _______ come out from the bathroom and was about to say hello when she just ignored me. She ignored me! She passed right by, without even looking at me! Was it something I did..? I guess she'll tell me in class... Oh! Myungsoo.

   -Myungsoo!!

 He turned around and smiled when he saw me. Aww~ He's so cute.

   -Leeeeeesleey~ Hello jagiyaa~

   -How are you?

   -I'm fine... Now that I'm with you, he almost whispered.

   -Aww~ Eo, did you see _______ today..?

 He put his arm around my waist as we walked to my class before he answered.

   -Nope. Wae..?

   -. . . I wanted to greet her today, but it looked like she didn't even hear me.

   -Leslie, maybe she really didn't hear you...

   -No, but I was right in front of her! 

   -Maybe you were too short.

   -Ya! I hit the back of his head. I'm not short...

   -Arasseo... You're not short...

 We stopped at the entrance of my class. The bell hadn't rung yet, so Myungsoo entered with me. We saw _______ sitting at the back with her arms streched out on the desk in front of her, chin resting on her books. She looked so bored.. Myungsoo walked past me and went over to her. I followed close behind. He layed his hand on her shoulder, but she didn't even move.

   -Hi _______. 

   -. . . 

 No answer. I sat at the desk in front of her and turned so we were facing each other. 

   -_______-ah, are you okay...?

   -. . . I'm fine, Leslie. I don't want to talk to you right now. 

 Oh..?! 

   -Wae?! Did I do something wrong? Is it because I didn't go home with you?

   -Aniyo.

 I looked up at Myungsoo and our gazes met. I gestured him to help me out but all he did was shrug. Thanks Myunsoo.

   -_______-ah..? Did I do some... thing... wrong...

 Suddenly she got up and changed places all the way to the front of the class. All. The way. To. The front. Of. The. Class. She never sits up front! Ayy... Why is she being like this? The first bell to class rung and I got up. 

   -That's my cue. See you at lunch time Leslie, he said mefore laying his beautiful lips on mine. Even though we were together, my heart still backflips everytime we kiss. 

   -Okay, see you at lunch!

-----------------

 12 minutes into Mr. Moon's lecture and I already started to get bored. _______ wae! Why doesn't she want to talk to me! Maybe something happened with her and Niel. Oh! Maybe something happened with her, Niel, Howon and Hyunsik! Ay, I knew something wasn't right when that Howon didn't come back!  But when something happens, I'm usually the first one she tells... Maybe she's mad at me...

 I glaced at _______, who was farther up front: died on her desk. Oh dear... If Mr. Moon realizes, I think he'll give her a heart attack. Oh yes! He's writting on the board! Quickly, I ripped out a page from my book and, crumpling it, I threw it at her... Shoot... Make that at Mr. Moon. 

 The whole class tensed up when the teacher spun around. Grrrreat. The first daay of the week and I get to spend half of my work time with Mr. Moon. He bent down and picked up the ball of paper. Brandishing it in one hand, he asked the unevitable.

   -Who threw this...?

 No one answered. They didn't even turn to me. Phew~ At least they're all on my side.

   -No one..? Okay. So I guess you all won't mind cleaning up the garbage for the WHOLE SCHOOL?! 

 Perfect... Well, it's now or never Leslie... I got up and opened my mouth when someone cut me off.

   -I'm really sorry Mr. Moon. I was going to throw it out, but you started class.

 I turned to the source, along with the whole class. Oh gosh... Is that... who I think it is..?!

   -Choi Jonghyun. Of all the students, you are the one who I least expected to have been so foolish.

 O.M.G... It's the guy from Sunggyu's place! Aish...! He's in my class?! And I didn't even notice?! And... Why did he take the blame...

   -Ja... I'll let you go, but just this once! Got it?!

   -Ne.

 Then, he turned to me and winked before sitting back down.  I froze, stunned by his actions. 

    - Kim Leslie, I heard Mr. Moon say. 

    -Huh..?! Oh. Uh... I'll sit down now...

    -Yes, you should. Can I start class now?!

    -Ne! We all replied in unison.


 

   ~~Karyn's P.O.V.~~

 

 Seeing Leslie and Dongwoo at the table, I grabbed Sunggyu's hand and ran to them. 

   -Hi guys!! 

   -Hi Karyn! they all answered.

   -So, where's _______ and Howon? 

 They all shrugged. Weird. Those two are always here. Where else could they be sitting?

   -She's not ta--

   -No ''Hello Sunggyu''? He suddenly asked, plopping himself right next to Dongwoo. 

 Everyone just stared at him. Sunggyu crossed his arms and pouted. I sighed and sat on his lap. He's such a kid sometimes...

   -Hello Sunggyu~ I sang.

 Instantly, his face lit up. Ay, jjinja... 

   -Hello jagiya! he squealed, hugging me. 

   -Ay, you two! Dongwoo exclaimed, nudging us. There's something up with _______. She's not talking to any of us. Well, to Leslie and Myungsoo...

   -Eh? Why...?

 Leslie heavily sighed. 

   -I don't know... She didn't even want to sit next to me! 

   -Leslie-yah, ________ didn't take any bunnies... Sunggyu said, trying to change the subject.

   -Gyu, we saved some for her remember..? And maybe she really is mad at you, I teased.

   -You really think so..? What did I do..?

 We all gave it a little thought, then Dongwoo spoke.

   -Ahh, we'll figure that out later..! I'm hungry... And my food is getting cold! 


 

   ~~Anna's P.O.V.~~

 

 O.M.G... Someone entertain me. Why did Mrs. Park have to seperate me and Woohyun; my source of funny! Ugh... I think I'm going to sleep. Yeah. Okaay... Uhhmm. Just move this here... aaaand VOILA. I was about to rest my head on my make shift pillow when my phone vibrated. Finally! Checking my phone, I see that it was Leslie. 

 

   To: Annaa

    Anna!~ _______ won't talk to me~ What should I do!! x_x

 

 Oh this girl... She's probably overreacting...

 

   To: Leslie

    Ya~ Don't worry about it. You guys are best friends right..? Everything will soon be back to normal Leslie-yah :) She can't not talk to you for the whole day...

 

   To: Annaa

    Aniiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~ She's really not talking! And have you seen Howon today...? He wasn't with us during luch time ;o

 

   To: Leslie

    Arasseo. Tell me everything after school. And yes actually, I saw him by the school gates on his phone. Wae...?

 

   To: Annaa

    Jeongmal? Who was he talking to..?! This boy has never not eaten...

 

   -Woo Anna. May I know what tickles your funny bone?!

 Uh oh... 

   -Nothing, Mrs. Park, I answered, hoping she wouldn't question me any more.

   -Okay Ms. Woo. So, what's the answer...?


 

 After a long speech from the teacher, I rush out of class. Walking down the halls, I see _______ at her locker. She looked like her usual self...

   -_______-ah! I shouted. 

 She continued to fix her things. I approached her and was welcomed with the overwhelming scent of cotton candy. I was about to say her name again, when she slammed her locker door shut. As if she didn't notice me, she casually walked right past me. Oh... So she really isn't talking to Leslie... and me I guess. Is she mad or something..?! 

 I was about to go after her when two arms wrap around my shoulders. 

   -Anna~ 

    -Byunghunnie. 

 I turn around to a smilling ball of fluffy cuteness. 

   -Are you coming with me to the library today..? he asked.

   -I think I should. Leslie is in dire need of help, I dramatically acted out, with the back of my hand on my head, slightly leaning. Woohyun taught me that one ;3

   -Oh dear. Okay. Let's go before this turns into a drama...

---------------

 We enter the library and find Fei and another boy at the counter looking as bored as ever.

   -Oh, the new boy is already here... Anna, I'm going to change, you stay here, Byunghun says as he walks towards the back. 

 The library wasn't to crowded today, so I guess it'll be easy to find Leslie and _______. Before that, I was a little curious about this ''new boy''... I went towards the two. Fei, seeing me coming towards them, lit up and waved at me. I waved back. 

   -Hi Anna, she quietly said. 

   -Hi. Who's he..? I asked, getting straight to the point.

 The boy flashed a smile... Omg, so cute. Ay, thank goodness Byunghun's not here because I think I'm blushing >.<

   -Hello. I'm Minseok... I just came back from Canada. Nice to meet you. 

 He held out his hand. Taking it, I introduced myself... Sort of. 

   -H-Hel... Hello. I'm... Byunghun.. I mean! I-I'm Byung...hun's.. Anna. Uh... I'm Byunghun's Anna? 

   -What..? He looked confused, then started to chuckled. 

 I saw Fei slowly shake her head. 

   -What she means, Minseok-ah, is that Byunghun is her boyfriend. Right Anna...?

 Way to nail your first impression... He's just so cute! Like a little puppy~ Oh gosh. I wonder what Karyn would think about this Minseok guy.

   -So it's Anna..? he suddenly asked.

   -Woo Anna, I replied nodding. So, Fei, where's everyone...? 

   -Uhmm.. Apparently there's something going on with _______... So, I let them talk in the kids section, while Minseok and I keep watch for T.O.P...  Don't worry though, she said turning her attention to Minseok, I guess I can properly teach you everything after this whole situation dies down. Arasseo? 

   -I can teach him. 

 I spun around and, to my surprise, _______ was standing right behind me. She looked at me and smiled... just for a split second. 

   -I can show him his duties... she continued. What's there to do for today..?

 I looked at Fei and we both had the same perplexed expression. She cleared before answering.

   -Uhh... I guess we'll just let him rearrange the books for today... We'll show him the paper work after a couple of weeks; let him get used to how things work around here. 

   -Oh. Okay. Minseok..?

   -Ne.

 She walked to the other side of the counter and shook hands with him. 

   -I'm Choi _______. Let's get to work..?

   -Ne. See you later guys, he said as he followed _______ to the fiction section.


 

   ~~No one's P.O.V~~

 

 Amongst the little toddlers and kids roaming the carpeted space, 8 teens sat in a makeshift circle quietly talking. 

   -I didn't get to see her all day, Sungyeol said.

   -Doesn't matter. If you did see her, it wouldn't even feel like she's there. I think she's giving us all the cold shoulder... Dongwoo countered.

   -You saw her today..? Byunghun asked.

   -Yeah... After lunch, I saw her sitting by the fountain. I waved at her, but she ignored me, he complained. 

   -Dongwoo, why didn't you just go to her? Karyn asked.

   -She was with Sungjongie...

   -. . . So?

   -I'm scared of him... Dongwoo admitted.

   -What?! Why?! Woohyun was surprised.

   -. . . I don't want to say...

   -Whatever you scaredy cat, Woohyun bushed off.

   -Karyn, did you see Minseok? Anna asked, changing the subject.

   -Oh my gosh, yes. He's so adorable! She squealed.

 The girl hadn't noticed that she had just sent draggers through her boyfriends heart. Sunggyu almost felt like crying.

   -Karyn..?

 Turning to him, she immediately tried to make it up to him.

   -Oh... Gyu gee gee, you're adorable too! You're my adorable Sunggyu, ne? she said hugging the boy.

   -Of course... Sunggyu sulked.


 

   ~~Your P.O.V~~

 

 I sat alone at the usual bubble tea shop. I couldn't face anyone today, I felt so angry thinking about them... I decided to leave work early after seeing them at the kids section. I felt bad for leaving Minseok there, but I don't think I would have been able to concentrate, knowing that they were all two rows across. Ugh... I need to vent... I'm so mad, I can't believe Howon is dating Hyunsik. My pabo brother Hyunsik. How dare they keep a secret as big as this away from me. When did they even get together?! It was only Thursday night when he confessd, but Sungjong seems to think otherwise.. I can never seem to figure out what he's playing at. One minute, he's squeezing the tears out of you, the next, he's your best friend!  Maybe that's what happened to Dongwoo...

 I sipped the last of my 9th bubble tea before signaling Kibum over.  When he got to my table,  his eyes almost popped out of their sockets. 

   -_______-ah! Slow down with the bubble tea! he said picking up the tall glasses. 

   -I need it. Or else tables are going to fly.

   -Ay... You use your favors well... Onew never refuses a friend in need.

    -Yyyes... Of course.

 He turned to walk towards Minho for another order but stopped and turned back to me.

   -_______-ah... Are you... Alright?

  -Yes Kibum. I'm alright. Why..?

   -Oh, nothing... I'll be back as soon as possible!

   -Fighting, I encouraged.

 When Kibum left, I leaned back into my seat, crossing my arms. Looking around, today wasn't so busy... It's a Monday so he'll be back very soon... I heavily sighed, then dug inside my bag for the letter and the small blue package from my locker today. Honestly, at first I thought that these little confessions were cute. But now, I  just want to trash them all. If this person has the guts to write me a little letter, why in the world couldn't he just talk to me?! Jeez, so complicated...

   -We meet again.

 I looked up and locked eyes with the infamous feminine friend of mine...

   -....Sungjong.

 Great. The one person I didn't want to see, has to see me now..?! The boy doesn't realize that I'm trying to be alone?!

   -You know, _______, I rarely catch you all by yourself, he sang.

   -I'd say the same for you.

 He smiled his perfect smile and placed a piece of paper on the table. I reached for it and he put his hand over mine. Okay, this is the kind of things he does that always gets me confused...

   -This meeting never happened. Save this phone number and ask for the Little Red Ridding Hood when you have something to say.

 Immediately he got up, but I held him back.

   -Wait! So I can say anything to this person...? Why would I do that?

 Sungjong trapped me by grabbing the back of my chair and leaned so close to me that I was able to see my reflection in his eyes. He put a finger over my lips, as if he were hushing me.

   -_______-ah, when a secret is revealed, it is the fault of the man who confided it. Am I right...?

 I simply nodded. Since when did he become so poetic? 

   -So let me just tell you something that I think you should know, he said kneeling on one leg and, lowering his hand from my mouth to my lap. Anger, _______, is just a cowardly extension of sadness, he sharply said. It's a lot easier to be angry at someone than it is to tell them you're hurt. But I know you easily get carried away by your emotions, so I'm helping you, and everyone around you, by handing you the key to the lock of your personal diary. This never happened. We never met today and I never spoke to you about anything. _______, I'm confiding you a secret. Do not let me down.

 Without another word, he got up and walked out of the shop. I was stunnned by what he just said. How did Sungjong know that I discovered Howon and Hyunsik...?! Wait, he didn't specifically say it... But I know that he knows! Ugh, thank goodness. Here comes my free tenth bubble tea. Kibum placed the cup on the table and stood there for a bit.

   -Uhmm... Thank you..?

   -Oh! Uh...  Did I just see Sungjong...

   -Of co... Uhmm, no. Actually that was another friend of mine. He just wanted to make sure he had the right homework, I lied.

   -Oh , okay. Well, enjoy your like, 14th bubble tea, he said walking away.

   -10th! I corrected.

 Looking down at the table, I decided to open the letter. 

  

    Dear Social Butterfly,

      Where did you go? You havn't spoken a word to anyone today D; Are you feeling well..? I bought something for you, in case you were sick... or something >.<'' I hope you like stawberry flavor.

     P.S. Try to feel better tomorrow, I already miss your beautiful smile ;3

       ~Sincerely, soon to be Yours Truly

 

 Was this guy serious...?! I opened the little package to find pain relievers and a strawberry lolipop. Right... Okay, I'll take care of all this at home. Putting the letter and the medicine into the box and shoving it back into my bag, I took the peice of paper Sungjong left on the table and examined it: A number with ''The little Red Ridding Hood'' handwritten on top. Might as well... 

 I saved the number in my phone before calling. Two rings past before a boy's soft voice answered.

   -Cinderella speaking.

 What the hell did Sungjong give me..?! The Disney Princesses Association?!

   -Uhmm... I'm looking for... Uh, Red Ridding Hood..?

 There was a pause before I heard ''Cinderella'' speak again. And isn't Cinderella a girl's title?

   -One moment please. Red! _______'s calling! 

    -. . . 

   -Red Ridding Hood speaking.

 For a moment, I couldn't utter a word. My heart stopped pumping: they know my name. I took a deep breath before continuing.

   -Uhmm, hi. Red Ridding Hood..?

 There was a small laugh and then clearing of a throat.

   -Just call me Red.