End

Assonance

 

[like seriously...I kinda...forgot everything i planned.. so sorry if this chapter is awkward or doesn’t make much sense...I just...seriously wanna end it T__T I'm seriously sorry about the standard of this chapter...^^']

Recap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z2ae5qRWPCg

Trembling, he slowly made his way to the door, using the wall as his support. Using all his strength, he pushed the door open, but at the same time it caused him to fall onto his knees just outside his room.

“Kyuhyun!” Ryeowook exclaimed in a shocked manner. “What are you doing, coming out like this? I-I’ll go call the doctor,” he insisted, yet the magnae hushed him, because just over Ryeowook’s shoulders, he could see Anna crying desperately for Kira’s safety.

“W-where’s Kira?” he asked with a blank facial expression, making it difficult for Ryeowook to respond.

“You need your rest.”

“What happened?!” Kyuhyun raised his voice, staring at his friend with a stern expression.

“She’s doing a surgery right now. You can’t see her now,” the older sighed solemnly whilst he lowered his head, unable to look at his friend in the eye. He knew, in fact he knew all too well how Kyuhyun would respond. He could picture it in his head, the eyes widening with tints of redness surrounding his eyes and nose. His breathing got heavier, Ryeowook could hear it, and he could feel his pain.

“Is it...serious? She won’t die...right?”

Ryeowook could only close his eyes as those words rung in his ears. He wished he could reassure the magnae, but he couldn’t. Instead of words of comfort, tears of remorse poured from his eyes.

-

Thud!

“AHHH!”

“Kyuhyun ah!”

-

Ryeowook immediately opened his eyes, just to witness the unconscious Kyuhyun lying limply beside his legs, with Lee Jonghyun trying to carry Kyuhyun back to his room.

“If this guy wakes up later on, you can tell him not to worry anymore,” Jonghyun gave Ryeowook his eye smile before dismissing himself into Kyuhyun’s hospital room.

Ryeowook subconsciously followed him into the room, waiting for Jonghyun to explain himself as to what he was trying to say.

“Kira...will be just fine. There’s no need to worry. You shouldn’t worry too much either. It’s as if you’re getting skinnier every minute,” he joked. Yet Ryeowook remained calm and motionless.

“I...have never feared death so much in my life,” the shorter one confessed wearily. “I never knew it was so easy to lose someone, and I never imagined it could hurt so much. You always watch films and dramas or even cartoons, and you’ll say to yourself ‘that won’t happen to me. It’s only fiction’. Now it seems that the so-called ‘fiction’ were in fact possible realities. So how could I not worry? I’m not prepared to lose any more people.”

“Well, it’s not fair using the term ‘lose’. I mean, you haven’t lost them - the dead lives in the memories of the living. You can never lose them unless you forget them. They’ll always be with you. You can...only miss them.”

-

Later on, Jonghyun went to pay Kira’s doctor a visit, giving him his heart.

“W-what is this?!” the doctor asked as he stared at the thumping heart behind the glass.

“You said Kira needed a new heart, take this one – it works, really,” he smiled, only causing the doctor to look at him suspiciously. “There are a lot of things which are better off not explained. Just use it doctor.”

‘It’s something I no longer have the use of.’

-

A week later, Kyuhyun finally woke up again, once again searching for Kira the moment he regained conscious. However, the responses from his peers were quite different from what he had expected.

“Where is she?” he asked Donghae who was right by his bedside, who only shrugged at his question.

“What do you mean?!” Kyuhyun shouted with his concerned expression.

“She left,” Leeteuk sighed as he patted his dongsaeng’s head, which only caused his heart to sink. “By ‘left’ I meant to another country. I’m sorry, was I unclear on that?” he laughed as Heechul whacked him in the arm playfully.

“You...you mean she’s a live?”

“That’s right, she’s alive,” Eunhyuk reassured him. “Only Anna had seen her after the operation. She didn’t even say goodbye to us.”

“Not surprised, that horrible girl,” Kyuhyun pouted childishly. “What else have I missed?”

“Well, everything has finally come to an end, so don’t worry anymore. The Headquarters have been demolished! Oh, and Anna and Sungmin are engaged!” Shindong explained, causing Kyuhyun to just smile at the blushing Sungmin.

---------------

YEAR 2017

---------------

 

Elegantly, she walked down the aisle with her bouquet and wedding dress. She was covered by a white veil, but she could still see his radiant smile, greeting her, waiting for her to reach him.

 

She had butterflies in her stomach and as each step she took, her grin grew wider.

 

“Mummy, I want ice-cream.” A little boy whined sweetly in his suit.

 

“Not now sweetie.” Anna smiled heart-warmingly. “Daddy will take you to the shops later.” She pinched his cheek lightly.

 

“Hwamin has grown up looking exactly like Sungmin hyung, just as handsome.” Jonghyun whispered softly, so only they could hear.

 

“When are you going to become a father?” Anna grinned cheekily as she wrapped her arms around her son.

 

“I’m already a father of over 15 kids even though I’m not married. Don’t think I can handle anymore. All the kids at the care home all call me ‘appa’. But I wouldn’t mind having one of my own I suppose. What do you think Renee?” He nudged her with his elbow.

 

“Be quiet! Its Karen’s wedding. As maid of honour, I need to set a good example.”

 

“I can’t believe Key didn’t choose me as best man. How could he choose Minho?” He complained under his breath.

 

“Hey, why are some missing?” Sungmin examined the hall.

 

“Yesung oppa said he’ll come after he spent some time with his girlfriend. Kyuhyun oppa said he would come once he did something. Ryeowook oppa is at Steph’s graveyard, he’ll come later too.” Anna explained. “Has anyone realised that Donghae oppa and Rae unnie had gotten really close? Look at their hands.” She pointed.

 

“Stop being so nosy.” Sungmin rolled his eyes as she shook his head.

 

“I now announce you husband and wife…”

 

“Oh my God! They’re going to kiss! My little dongsaeng is getting married!” Renee got so excited that she didn’t realise that she was pinching Jonghyun’s arm.

 

“Ow! Stop…ouch! You should know you’re strength woman!” He whispered angrily, but Renee was too absorbed in applauding their kiss that she couldn’t hear a thing.

 

---------------------------------

 

Kyuhyun was jogging towards his destination in his sportswear until he saw a familiar style of clothing. The style instantly reminded him of Kira. Without even thinking twice, he ran up towards the girl. He stood in front of her whilst he called her name. Just to be embarrassed because it wasn’t her.

 

“I’m really sorry.” He apologised as he gave the girl a 90 degree bow.

 

Once he reached his destination, he was delighted seeing that his wall was untouched. Swiftly, he took a stack of paper from his bag. One by one, he stuck them neatly on the wall, creating a heart shape with its colours. The heart shape was made from his pictures with Kira, whilst the background was just plain blue paper.

 

He looked at his masterpiece proudly. Then, he turned himself around so his back faced the wall. His arms were spread wide as he announced the words: “This is for you, Kira.”

 

Sadly, Kira wasn’t in front of him. Only the breeze responded him by surrounding its arms around his body.

 

“RAWR!” A voice roared. Before Kyuhyun could react, he was already tackled to the ground.

 

“K-Kira?” He gasped.

 

“The one and only! Come on! I need to get to Karen’s wedding! I’m late!”

 

---------------------------------

 

“I can’t believe you want to sell balloons for me.” Ryeowook chuckled.

 

“Well, it benefits the both of us. You can have time off to visit Steph and I could, well…you know.” Yesung blushed shyly. “I promise I’ll do a good job of it!”

 

“I trust you hyung. I wish you the best of luck. I’ll see you at Key’s wedding.” Ryeowook waved before walking away.

 

Soon, a crowd of kids surrounded Yesung, asking for various colours of balloons. He smiled with glee as he passed balloons to the little ones and occasionally having various conversations with them. He could still hear the constant ‘isn’t he Yesung from Super Junior?’ in the background, even though Super Junior had separated three years ago.

 

Finally, his girlfriend, Aini walked into the scene like an angel.

 

“Oppa?” She asked questionably which caused him to blush embarrassedly.

 

“Aini, will you…” He trailed as he took a balloon in his hand which was tied to a ring. “…marry me?” He smiled shyly.

 

-------------------------------

 

Ryeowook finally arrived in the graveyard with a bouquet in his hands, but froze once he saw someone was already at Steph’s grave. It was Taeyeon.

 

“R-Ryeowook-shi.” Taeyeon stuttered once she noticed him and greeted him with a timid bow.

 

“Taeyeon-shi, why are you here?” Ryeowook looked at her questionably.

 

“I-I…When Steph was alive, she told me to come to her grave today. She said it was special.” Taeyeon explained.

 

“Were you…close to her?”

 

“I guess so. We’re good friends. She told me to say something to you today. She said you were the balloon, she was the string and I was the helium. What does it mean?” Taeyeon tilted her head to the side with her angelic smile.

 

Suddenly, Ryeowook realised that he had dropped the flowers as his warm tears flowed down his face like two cascades.

 

“Ryeowook-shi! Are you okay?” Taeyeon walked over to him to give him a light hug.

 

“She’s an idiot! I hate her!” He cried the words which he didn’t even mean.

 

“It’s ok. Everything is going to be ok.” She rubbed his back in circle motions even though she didn’t even know the reason why he was crying. “I know you loved her and I know she loved you as well. Don’t cry. To love someone and be loved by someone is a gift. Not everyone can find someone they love, and likewise, not everyone could find someone to love them. Even though she’s gone, but at least you’ve felt what it’s like to love and be loved.”

 

“Thanks.” He uttered once he was slightly calmer. Somehow, the way she spoke reminded him of Steph. Her long logically theories and explanations is what he sees them as.

 

“No need. Steph told me it. She said that loving you was the happiest time of her life. Even if you didn’t love her, if didn’t matter, because she felt special for loving someone like you.”

 

“Thank you. Thank you.” He whispered once he finally found the courage to wrap his arms around her.

 

-

 

Afterwards, Ryeowook invited her around his house. Once she entered, an item caught her eyes. It was a book with a glossy cover with the word ‘ASSONANCE’ printed in a white, bold font. Then at the bottom, in small print wrote: ‘Written by Park Jung Su’.

 

“Leeteuk oppa wrote this?” Taeyeon stared at the book which she presumed contained around 250 pages from her experience in reading. “When was it published?”

 

“He wrote it, but he didn’t sell it. Even though people wanted to sell his writings, he rejected the offer. The word ‘ASSONANCE’ is really special to us. It contains a story which I cannot tell. But it’s also a word I cannot forget.”

 

-----

 

‘When I look down from the clouds, I want to see a series of happy faces. ‘You and me can never be’ was just a lie from the beginning. When humans say ‘never’ they don’t actually acknowledge how long ‘never; even is. Ryeowook, forever I’ll be with you. Even though you can’t see me, I’m right next to you, protecting you until your time ends too. I didn’t choose Taeyeon unnie just because we were good friends, I chose her because I knew she was able to give you the happiness which I couldn’t give.’