Teaching Me Mandarin

I Mustache You A Question ♥ [EXO Oneshot Collection]

 

♫ Oneshot starring Zhang Yixing and You ~

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am half Korean and half Chinese but I didn’t know a clue how to speak Chinese. I was raised by my Korean mother since my father who was Chinese, didn’t have time to teach me since he was always at work. My boyfriend Zhang Yixing and yes he is from EXO-M, was Chinese and decided to teach me some words or sentences. We are now seated in front of a table with books scattered everywhere; Lay was teaching me some common sentences.

“How would you say this?” He asked as he pointed to a sentence. I titled my head as I concentrated.

“Nǐ zài zuò ....?” I read it out slowly but got stuck on the last word; I looked at Lay to seek for help.

“Nǐ zài zuò shénme?” He read it out slowly and carefully.

“Nǐ zài zuò ... shénme?” I read it again but this time I read it all. I looked at Lay to see if I was correct. He nodded his head and smiled his dimple showing on his cheeks.

“It means, ‘What are you doing?’” he translated for me. I nodded and jotted it down. We moved onto the next sentence.  He pointed at another one.

“Nǐ ... zěnme yàng?” I unsurely read out but Lay smiled and nodded his head.

“This one means ‘How are you?’” he translated for me again. I nodded and felt happy that I was getting the hang of this. Lay kept teaching me until I could hold a conversation up with him.

“Okay, let’s try to talk” Lay said as he closed the book shut so I couldn’t peek.

“Nǐ zěnme yàng (how are you)?” He asked.

“Wǒ ... hěn hǎo (I’m good)” I responded.

“Nǐ zài xuéxí de quánlì ma? (what are you learning right now)?”

“Wǒ zhèngzài xuéxí rúhé ... shuō zhōngguó (I’m learning how to speak Chinese)”

“Nǐ èle ma? Wǒmen yīnggāi dédào de dōngxi chī ma? (Are you hungry? Should we get something to eat)?” I looked at Lay for a second before biting my lips.

“Uhh ...” I awkwardly laughed. He chuckled and patted my head.

“That was good, you just need a little bit more of studying” Lay smiled, I nodded. He got up and walked into the kitchen while I followed him. We made some snacks to eat while we studied. Lay taught me some more, it was hard as we kept going further but I didn’t give up.

“How do you say that?” I asked, pointing at a foreign word.

“Yǒuyì, it means friendship” He said as he explained to me how to say it. I nodded and went on reading the book. Lay nudged me with his elbow.

“Hm?” I asked, my eyes not leaving the book.

“How do you say this?” He asked, smirking at me. I leaned over to him and peered into the book.

“Wǒ ... ài nǐ” I read out, I had heard it from somewhere but I couldn’t put my finger on it. My head was crammed with so much Chinese right now that I couldnt think straight. He smiled and bit his lower lip. I titled my head and arched my eyebrows at him.

“Say it again but to me” He said, smiling widely. I looked at him sceptically but said it.

“Wǒ ài nǐ” He let out a chuckle before leaning in and capturing my lips with his.

“I love you too” He whispered into my ear.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

KEKEKE OMG I WANT LAY TO TEACH ME ! I only know how to speak Cantonese sigh my mum made me attend Chinese school when I was younger but I didn’t learn anything since I didnt like Chinese that much when I was younger, NOW I REGRET IT!, I’m a disgrace == BUT I CAN TALK TO KRIS IN CANTONESE MWAHAHAH ~ ANYWAYS DONT MIND ME, HOPE YOU LIKE THIS ONESHOT (btw, I used Google translate kekeke)

REMEMBER, IF YOU WANT TO REQUEST ONE THEN PLEASE DO, COMMENT OR MESSEGE ME HOW YOU WANT IT ON AND THE SCENEARIO ~

COMMENT BELOW AND PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ~

- tellmewhatislove