Morning Glory

voyage to another world

Shin Hye’s P.O.V.

 

“Wakey wakey’, it’s 7 o’clock!” said my body clock. I slowly opened my eyes and smiled. “Today is going to be a good day!” I chanted to myself and rose. I stretched and blinked habitually. Then I noticed that something was not right—I could see the fencing of my bunk bed and the posters of rock stars on the wall clearly without even a squint. I didn’t wear my glasses to sleep, did I? I put my hands on my cheeks to feel for my glasses. No, I was not wearing them. Hang on! Since when my cheeks had become so dry? And where was I? I didn’t stick any poster on my wall! Oh well, let’s not worry about it for now. I’d better get down and wake So Eun up. As I climbed down the ladder, I was astounded to see my hands became tan and muscular! Something was seriously not right! I quickly ran into the bathroom, and I saw Jung Hyun’s face as I looked into the mirror.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

Jong Hyun’s P.O.V.

 

I lied on my stomach in the bush with my Benelli M-2 ready. “Here he comes!” I thought to myself as a hulky figure approached where I was hiding. That was my target, the leader of the enemy’s organization. I made a precise aim and ready to fire. Suddenly, I felt someone shaking me violently, and I heard a girl’s voice calling: “Shin Hye! Shin Hye! Wake up Shin Hye!” I looked around, but I could see no one. Ok, that was for Shin Hye, and I will concentrate on shooting. However, I made a lot of noise when I was shaken, and that alarmed my target. He loaded his firearm and approached where I was hiding. My mouth went dry, and my heart beat even faster, but I took the chance to give another good aim at my target. Soon I felt someone gently slapping my cheeks and the same voice calling: “Wake up, Shin Hye! We are gonna be late!” I ignored it and pulled the trigger, but I was immediately distracted by a loud rooster’s crow. “Ahhhhhh!”, I shouted in exasperation and missed my target. In a blink of the eye, I was shot all over my body.

 

I didn’t die. I opened my eyes and saw a pretty girl with long hair looking at me apologetically, “Sorry Shin Hye, I wasn’t meant to wake you up with the alarm clock next to your ear.”, said the girl as she raised her left hand, which was holding a phone, “but you have to be quick or we would be late for the assembly!”

 

“…”

 

“Hang on a sec, what did you call me?! And why are you here?!” I interrogated.

 

“Emm… I called you Shin Hye, that’s your name? And this is our dorm?” she sounded amused, “Come on! We have no time to joke around! I put your uniform in the bathroom, now go get changed!” she commanded.

 

I instinctively felt my cheeks, they were soft. I moved my hands up along the contour of my face and felt my hair. It was soft and silky. Something was not right! I quickly went down the ladder and rushed into the bathroom. There I saw Shin Hye’s face in the mirror.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

 

Shin Hye’s P.O.V.

 

“Are you alright, man? You have been acting really weird since you woke up this morning!” said Yong Hwa Oppa worriedly as we headed toward the assembly hall.

 

How can you be alright when you woke up and found yourself trapped in your evil stepbrother’s body?!

 

“Yeah, hyung! You didn’t even eat a thing at breakfast!” Min Hyuk Oppa added. It felt super-weird to be called “hyung” by an oppa!

 

“I’m alright guys, don’t worry about me.” I answered feebly.

 

I walked into the assembly hall nervously, avoid making eye contact with anyone. Everyone was probably chitchatting with their friends, but it felt like they were mocking me and judging me, which made me feel really sick.

 

Normally, I was able to sit through the assembly and absorb everything our principal said, but today, I could not concentrate at all. My head was spinning, my stomach was churning and I could throw up at any time! Today just felt like a horrible nightmare, it felt like the end of the world! Why did I even believe that today was going to be a good day?!