Crush or Crushed?

voyage to another world

Shin Hye’s P.O.V.

 

“Eerrr! Come on Shin Hye! Concentrate!” I kept telling myself while I was doing my homework, but it didn’t help at all! I was still suffering from “post soul exchange stress disorder”! Knowing who was in the same room with me made it even harder for me to stay focused! On one hand, I was like, “Yay!!!! I’m sharing a room with Yong Hwa Oppa!!!! XD On the other hand, I was like, “Oh my gosh! I’m sharing a room with Yong Hwa Oppa?! How Awkward!! >0< I had been sitting here for about an hour but I had only solved two quadratic equations! Oh dear! If I continued to be distracted I would have to stay up all night to do my work! In the mid of my anxiety, I remembered my dad’s advice: “If you keep finding it difficult to concentrate, take a break then come back to your work again.” Maybe I should try that.

 

“Going somewhere?” asked Yong Hwa Oppa as I turned the door knob.

 

“Umm, I’m going for a walk…”

 

“Cool, I just need some cold wind to sober me up right now!” said Yong Hwa Oppa as he made a big stretch. Then he followed me out of the dorm.

 

Yong Hwa Oppa was right! The breeze did refresh me a lot! I have always liked the feeling of the wind running through my hair and caressing my face. I walked quietly as I filled my lung greedily with the sweet fresh air at night. I then glimpsed at Yong Hwa Oppa secretly. The street light cast on his face, and I could see that he seemed to be deep in thought.

 

“Hey Hyung...” I started the conversation hesitantly, hoping that I hadn’t distracted him.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I have thought about your comment on my piano a lot, and you were right, I should put my heart into it. But I just don’t know how to do that…” I let out a deep sigh.

 

“Ok, do you like the piano or not?”

 

“Um… No…”

 

“Then of course you can’t put your heart into it! I think you should stop thinking things like: ‘piano ’ or ‘it’s such a chore!’. This way it seems less like a burden and you’d enjoy it more. By the way, did something happen last term break? Coz you …”

 

“Nothing happened!” I quickly answered while trying to divert him from this awkward topic, “What’s the time now?”

 

“Um… It’s 8.20.”

 

“Wow, we had been out for like 20 minutes now! We should really get back to our work!” I said as I hurried back to our dorm.

 

I still couldn't concentrate as I sat at the desk --- I wanted to hold on to the excitement of my walk with Yong Hwa Oppa. I wanted to hold on what he had told me! Finally, I tore a leaf from my exercise book and scribbled down what just happened. I also poured out my thought on that piece of paper. Once I was done, I folded the paper into a quarter and secured it on the last page of my book with a paper clip. I really should get a diary from now on, yeah, one with a lock and a key. Now that all the distractions were out of my system, I started to do my homework, feeling more efficient than ever!

Jong Hyun’s P.O.V.

 

I was getting ready for my next lesson when I felt a kick on “my” skirt followed by some girls’ giggle. I quickly turned around, ready to tear that retard into pieces. But I was astounded to see Uee and her friends behind me. She was standing on one leg, bending her other leg that had been straightened for a kick. She crossed her arms in front of her chest, her head cocked slightly to one side. She was in her cheerleader uniform, which made she look extra cute, but I could sense something about her that was not so sweet.

 

“Hey Shin Hye!” said Uee with a scornful smile, “Congratulations for breaking a pipette in front of the whole class!”

 

Her rude remarked left me completely speechless. The image of that sweet and charming Uee I liked started to fade away.

 

“Oh well,” she continued, “What can I say, there’s a first time for everything! Keep up your good work! I’d love to hear more of your accidents!” then she waved me goodbye provocatively sweetly, and walked away sassily. Her ladies in waiting did the same. What disgusted me the most was that then she started to wave sweetly at each good looking guy she encountered! Gosh! This girl is a complete snob! I’ve never been so disappointed in my crush so much!