Injury Transferred

voyage to another world

Jong Hyun’s P.O.V.

 

Aish! Stupid Shin Hye! Why did you have to be so clumsy?! Now I am doomed – limping along the corridor is embarrassing! (Author's note: I have no intention to offend someone with a disability.)

 

“Oh! Look what we’ve got here!” said Uee sulkily as she and her gang blocked our way in the corridor. Then she turned to So Eun: “How is your crippled old grandma going?!” she said as she pointed at me with her chin.

 

“Shut up and let us pass already! You’ve blocked our way!” I shouted as I pushed her aside and kept going. Man! It feels good to be able to confront her like a girl can!

 

“And my grandma is not crippled! Thank you very much!” yelled So Eun.

 

“Nice!” I grinned at So Eun as I offered her a knuckle, and she bumped it. Strangely, I felt a twitch inside as soon as our knuckles touched. That’s weird! I probably need to get used to skinships with girls. Hang on a sec, what am I saying here?!

 

“You will regret this, you two!!” Uee screamed. Yeah right! Like what can you do?

 

Author’s P.O.V.

 

“I’ll have geography next, joy!” grunted Jong Hyun as he headed toward Shin Hye’s locker for his next lesson. Not far away from Shin Hye’s locker, Uee and her friends were ambushing there. As Jong Hyun was approaching the locker, Uee gestured her friends to pass a load of textbooks to her and she walked toward Jong Hyun. Now is the right distance! Suddenly, Uee seemed to have a limp and all the textbooks flew toward Jong Hyun. Being a black belt Tai Kwon Do-er had trained Jong Hyun’s quick reaction. He dodged the books immediately and was not hurt by one bit. He then looked at Uee and could see the word “sh*t” written all over her face.  Jong Hyun chucked bitterly. “Walk carefully, woman!”  said Jong Hyun as he walked pass Uee nonchalantly.

 

Jong Hyun’s P.O.V.

 

Trying to hit me with flying books? That was low! Then I remembered what Uee said about we would be regret confronting her, and I realized that she could give So Eun a hard time at their cheerleading practice today. I quickly called So Eun to warn her.

 

“Thanks Shin Hye! I will watch out for her. Don’t forget to ice your ankle at lunch time!”

 

Her caring reminder has touched me! She was the most tender-hearted girl I’ve ever known!

 

I sat through another two boring hours, then I headed toward the sick bay. I followed the direction from Doctor Im and rest my ankle on a high stool. EERRR! Stupid Shin Hye! Look what you have gotten me into! Then I took out my phone to play Temple Run. But my thought kept flying to So Eun and I kept wondering whether she could take on Uee’s bully or not. Hmm… I should definitely teach her some moves after my ankle is completely healed!

 

Jong Hyun’s P.O.V.

 

Today is Tuesday, and I was sitting in the sick bay with my leg resting on the high stool, again! Better let Shin Hye know about this so she wouldn’t quit the band!

 

“Hey you!” I texted, “Can’t join the science club today – got your screwed up ankle to fix!”

 

“I know I know! I’ll be playing in the band!”

 

Good! Now, Temple Run!

 

I was running for my life, when suddenly, a cheerful “Aloha!” distracted me, and BANG! I hugged a tree! I looked up and saw So Eun entering the room with a big flowery bag. (Sometimes I called it “ajumma bag” to !) I was a bit annoyed at her, but she didn’t seem to notice my annoyance.

 

“Look what I’ve brought!” she said as she took out her treasure out of her bag – she first took out a big bag of chips and plunged it on my lap. Then she took out her laptop and started to set it up. While she was setting up her laptop, I set the alarm on my phone and let it ring 20 minutes later, so I wouldn’t ice my ankle overtime and make it completely screwed. Then I opened the chips. It had been out tradition that we watch Prince of Tennis and share a big bag of chips together in our spare time. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I actually enjoy it a lot! I finished reading the manga like two years ago and those guys’ perseverance and brilliant tactics never failed to impress me.

 

So there we were, enjoying our chips and the anime. I had to try hard to control my urge to spill the plot for So Eun; we cracked up when the plot got hilarious. For some reason, I really like to hear So Eun laugh.