Under the Same Roof

voyage to another world

 

Shin Hye’s P.O.V.

 

As I expected, my holiday has been filled with my fights with Jong Hyun, unless I was doing my assignment in my room, with my door shut. This morning was no different -- we sat around the table and had breakfast. Dad and I talked a lot, my stepmom and I talked a fair bit, and dad had like 50 fail attempts at having a conversation with Jong Hyun. I felt to pull his ear hard and ask him to show my dad some respect!

 

After breakfast, I went into my room to do my assignment: “Okay, this person had a cut in his optic tract, what part of his visual field will be affected” I murmured at my case study, and started to pictured the visual pathway in my head, “since the nasal region of each side of the visual field…” “Ding Dong!” My chain of thought was disrupted by the door bell. My goodness! Who the heck could it be? Thank God it didn’t take me long to get back to my problem solving mode. “The nasal region of each side of the visual field crosses over to the temple region of the opposite eye. The nasal region of each eye crosses at the optic chiasm to and travel in the optic tract of the opposite eye…” “Ding Dong!” Apparently no one had answered the door. I’d better go answer the door, it wouldn’t be nice to let the guest wait at the door for too long. When I open the door, my my mind was blank, for standing in front of me were Jong Hyun’s gorgeous best friend Yong Hwa oppa and the other two guys in his band.

 

“Hi Shin Hye, how are you going?” Yong Hwa oppa greeted me with his million dollars smile. His guitar behind his back illustrated who he was—a talented and dedicated musician!

 

“…”

 

My day dreaming was interrupted by a hard bump on my shoulder “Hey guys! Sorry for keeping you waiting! Come on, let’s go!” and they all headed to the garage, where they practised. If I were So Eun, I would make them almond cookies and take the cookies to the garage. But my cooking wasn’t so good, so I fetched the cocoa powder and boiled some hot water.

 

Jong Hyun’s P.O.V.

 

“Okay guys! Let’s start with ‘Rock N Roll’!” commanded Yong Hwa hyung, and Min Hyuk’s drumsticks marked the beginning of our practice session.

Rock N Roll

“I want a completely different day today, my entire body is sore


My back seems hunched for sitting for too long


I want to let myself go today, I want to put everything down


I want to let go of all the stacked up stress

I want to loosen up my body for the first time in a while but


What do I do about the heap of work I have?


Whatever, I want to forget any bad thoughts


Today, I just want to let it go and play”



(Source: http://www.kpoplyrics.net/cnblue-rock-n-roll-lyrics-english-romanized.html#ixzz2FxzneYKL)
 

 

It was time for me to sing the bridge: “Now it is really the beginning, I’m ready to…” while I was singing I saw Shin Hye showed up in front of the garage with a tray of drinks in her hands, “JUMP and play” I sang as I shot her a deadly glare, she then gave me an unsuccessfully hidden death glare and put the tray on the cabinet in the front of the garage. In a split second, her eyes drifted to one of my friends like a piece of metal to a magnet, and she even nodded with the music. I wanted to mouth her to go away but she just ignored me.

 

“Wow!! Oppas! That was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Shin Hye clapped her hands in excitement when the song ended, “and that deserves one cocoa each!”

 

“Thanks Shin Hye!” said Yong Hwa hyung as he smiled back. Dude, you don’t have to be so nice to her really! But that got Shin Hye to happily piss off, which was good!

 

“Mmmm! The cocoa smells so nice! Can we drink it while it was still hot? Plea----se!” Min Hyuk asked pleadingly. “Sure, why not?” said Yong Hwa and we each grabbed ourselves a drink.

 

“Bleh! What is that?!” I sputtered at my first mouthful of cocoa.

 

“ What are you talking about, the cocoa is fine, hyung!” said Jung Shin, looking confused.

 

“Yeah! It’s really yummy!” Min Hyuk nodded in agreement.

 

“Yeah, Jong Hyun! Stop being a sissy!” Yong Hwa hyung commented jokingly.

 

“That Shin Hye! She must have done something to my cocoa!” I ground my teeth.

 

“Why would she do that?” asked Jung Shin rather rhetorically, “unless-----”, he started to sound mysterious, “you have been mean to her.”, said Jung Shin with a mischievous smile.

 

Shin Hye’s P.O.V.

 

I left the garage as soon as I received a word of thank from Yong Hwa oppa, and his smile had truly made my day. Sometimes I wondered why Jong Hyun hadn’t learned even 1% of Yong Hwa oppa’s manner after they had been friends for so long. Anyway, I just wished I could see Jong Hyun’s face after he took a sip of my cocoa! Mwahaha! Okay, I’d better concentrate on my assignment now.

 

Flashback

 

After the water was boiled, I put some cocoa powder in each mug. When I was about to add sugar into the cocoa, I fixed my eye on the salt bottle next to the sugar jar and a brilliant idea struck my mind. Was that Jong Hyun’s mug? Yes, it must be, coz he always used that mug. “That was for the slap on my head AND for earning me dad’s lecture!” I smiled inwardly as I replaced his sugar with some salt.

 

 

Jong Hyun’s P.O.V.

 

After our practice, we played Call of Duty. The game was great but I couldn’t feel like I was on battle field thanks to the low volume! Such dodgyness began last term break, when I first got the game, and I invited my friends over to play it. The guns were firing, bullets were flying, bombs were exploding and I could even smell blood and gun powder, but my spirit died down as the battle field underwent a diminuendo (a musical term, which means the sound gradually softens). I turned around and saw Shin Hye holding the remote control: “Sorry, it was too loud, and I was trying to study. I spoke to the other three oppas and they all agreed to turn down the volume.” Min Hyuk and Jung Shin nodded in synchrony.

 

“Yeah, she’s right.”, said Yong Hwa hyung, then he turned to Shin Hye and sincerely apologized, “Sorry Shin Hye.”

 

“It’s okay, oppa.”

 

“Hey! But you haven’t spoken to me yet!”

 

“There’s no point speaking to you oppa! You are gonna say no anyway!” said Shin Hye with a pitiful tone, and that was the one and only time that she called me oppa. From that time on, we decided to play Call of Duty with low volume.

 

“That Shin Hye!!” I ground my teeth and carried on my battle with anger, while trying to enjoy and oblige to my low volume Call of Duty.