I'm Not Myself! (part 1)

voyage to another world

Jong Hyun’s P.O.V.

 

I lied in the dark sick bay, wishing that I could have a good sleep, wake up and find that all this had been just a nightmare. But I couldn’t, instead I tossed and turned the whole time. At the same time, I was filled with shame and guilt – I looked like a gigantic idiot both with this look and in the lab this morning. Finally a thought occurred to me: if I was trapped in Shin Hye’s body, then who could have trapped in mine? I had the urge to find that out, even if it meant that I had to show up in a bob hair cut and a school skirt in public. It took me like fifty minutes to overcome the nausea and shame caused by this crazy change and headed out the sick bay.

 

It was lunch time when I got out and the corridor was bustle with people. I scurried toward where used to be my locker while keeping my head down, so I didn’t have to make eye contact with anyone.

 

I finally arrived at a set of lockers beside the set mine was in, and I hid beside it, like a panther behind the bush, waiting for its chance to attack its prey. While I was waiting, some geeky guys seemed to approach me with a big creepy grin on their face, but I yelled at them to back off and they did.

 

“Oh man! When is that clone freak gonna to show up?” I thought to myself and started to get impatient, tension and irritation started to build up within me. Suddenly, I saw a guy who looked exactly like me. He held his books tightly against his chest and looked around nervously, like a thief holding a sack of stolen cash, which made me look super lame! My anger was boiling inside me like the lava in a volcano. When he was within arm reach, I jumped out of my hiding place, grabbed his arm and yelled at him: “Come with me and don’t say a thing!!!” he screamed at me frightfully but I withstood the scream and dragged him down the stair.

 

When we arrived at the yard, I let go of his arms and grabbed his collars: “Who the heck are you?!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

He stared at me in horror and confusion, he was pale and trembling.

 

“I … I…”, he started to reply and seemed to try to hold himself together, “I…”

 

“Who are you?!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

“I… I am… actually … you, I mean… I am actually… Shin Hye… Park Shin Hye…”

 

Shin Hye’s P.O.V.

 

This tyrant version of me let me go as soon as I told her who I really was. I stumbled backward but managed to keep my balance. Who could she be? I gathered my courage and asked her.

She was red and hugely embarrassed at my question, but she finally answered uncomfortably: “Euh… I’m… actually Jong Hyun, Lee Jong Hyun…”

 

I had a transient mental blackout then realized that I had an urgent matter. I quickly told Jong Hyun (@_@?): “Sorry! I have to go!” then I sprinted away. I ran toward the oval as fast as I could and when I got there I was short of breath. I panted while I watched the cheerleaders practicing. After I had recovered I noticed that So Eun was not quite herself today. She was one of the best dancers in the cheerleading club, and she could follow the beats and the step perfectly, but today she danced off beat almost all the time. Then Uee the cheer captain gestured all the girls to stop dancing. She left her spot, stopped in front of So Eun and yelled: “Hey! Kim So Eun! What’s wrong with you? Can’t you dance more carefully?! If …”

 

“Hey Uee! Stop yelling at So Eun like that!” I shouted, and all cheerleaders looked at me in astonishment. Uee was especially shocked.

 

This is probably my chance. “Anyway,” I said, “can I have a word with So Eun please?”

 

Most of the girls started to go like “Wooooooo”, while So Eun looked shocked and confused. Oops! I had totally forgotten who I was, or rather, who I looked like! Luckily, So Eun agreed to come with me and she told her team mates that she would be back in five minutes.

 

We walked into the cafeteria. I picked that place because it was busy and since we were not popular, no one would notice us. As soon as we sat down, I told her: “Ok, I know this is crazy and unbelievable, but I have to tell you this.” I cleared my throat and continued: “Euh, the thing is, Shin Hye will be a bit weird these days, and you need to be really careful… euh… you must keep your personal item out of her sight…”

 

“What do you mean ‘personal items’?” So Eun started to look uneasy.

 

“Euh… by that I meant things like your,” I mouthed the words awkwardly, “undergarment and tampon…”

 

“What?!” So Eun almost jumped out of her chair.

 

“I’m really sorry, but I have to tell you this!” I felt really uncomfortable but I had to continue, “And also, you must take all your stuff with you when you go showering so you don’t have to ask Shin Hye to get stuff for you, and don’t ever let Shin Hye get into the bathroom while you are showering even if you pulled the shower curtain closed and she really needs to pee!” I lowered my voice but make sure So Eun could hear every word.

 

So Eun was utterly shocked and speechless for a few seconds, then she asked fearfully: “That can’t be true, right?”

 

I hated to let my best friend down, but I had to this time, for her own good. “Sorry, but that is true! And one more thing, you should never let Shin Hye take the laundry!”

 

“Ok…” now So Eun was looking really uncomfortable, “can I go now?”

 

“Yes you can!” I answered and smiled at her equally uncomfortably.

 

I gazed at her walking out of the cafeteria, and suddenly, someone slapped me on the shoulder: “Here you are, Hyung!”

 

I turned around and saw Min Hyuk Oppa smiling at me mischievously: “Got a girl?” he continued.

 

“No!” I answered assertively, “It was not like what you think!”

 

“Oh sure!” Min Hyuk Oppa continued and grabbed me on the shoulder, “Come on, we were waiting for you to start the band practice! By the way, where’s your guitar?”

 

Uh Oh!