Our First Lesson

voyage to another world

Shin Hye’s P.O.V.

 

I managed to sit through the torturous assembly (80 minutes!). After that I checked Jong Hyun’s schedule (which was now technically mine) --- I had math right after this. I dragged myself to the classroom and sank into the first seat I found. I was still feeling sick and confused – this is just too much!

 

“Hey! Jong Hyun! This is MY seat! Yours is over there!”

 

I feebly stood up and dragged myself to the seat that guy was pointing to. “Okay, this is really bad, but you need to concentrate on the lesson now!” I told myself.

 

Math was not too bad, I’ve got to answer quite a lot of questions, and they got more and more challenging. I loved to be challenged this way, thank you Mr. Jung! After the lesson, my classmates surrounded me and said things like “I’ve never known that you were THAT good!” “Did you see Mr. Jung’s face after you answered those questions?” “Yay! He didn’t get you this time!” “Yeah! Show him what you’re made of!” I was happy to hear these comments at first because prior to this madness, my classmates wouldn’t make it a big deal when I answered hard questions. It was good to receive some compliments and to be acknowledged for doing well. But as I heard more comments, I was burning with anger– how could a teacher pick on a student like that?! I started to feel sorry for Jong Hyun because he was picked on by someone whom we expect to lead us to the right track – both academically and morally. I smiled at my classmates uncomfortably and prepared for my next lesson.

 

Jong Hyun’s P.O.V.

 

I didn’t know how I came to the lab (according to Shin Hye’s schedule I had chemistry after the assembly). Anyway, I couldn’t wait for what came next! I mean, I have been walking around in a bob hair-cut, a school skirt and a pair of stocking, what else could I be afraid of?!

 

“Hi class!”, said Ms. Lee, “today we are doing titration.” She then distributed us one instruction sheet each and allowed us to go ahead and do the experiment. My lab partner was that pretty girl in “my” dorm. After we gathered all equipments, she started to wash the burette while I washed the pipette absent mindedly – I was still in the crap of all this madness.

 

“Clang!”

 

And the next thing I heard was “Oh my gosh! Shin Hye just broke a pipette!” the whole room went quiet for a moment, and then it was flooded by mocking and some cheering, but my lab partner and Ms Lee intervened. I stared helplessly when Ms Lee came around to clean the broken pieces. She then looked up to tell me something, but I couldn’t hear her. I just stood there and watched all this mess happened. I felt like I was having a complete mental shut down.

 

So Eun’s P.O.V.

 

This was not like Shin Hye. She used to be such a perfectionist and would do everything calmly and skillfully. I was shocked to see her dropping the pipette. Everyone was shocked. Then some kids started to , which was horrible. I was never the yelling type, in fact I felt very uncomfortable yelling, but I just couldn’t watch my friends being teased by almost the whole class.

 

“Hey! Guys! Stop it! Everyone makes mistake Ok?! Now stop giving Shin Hye such a hard time!” I said, making sure that everyone could hear me.

 

“Yes guys! Stop it! We are supposed to support each other in this class, not to mock anyone just because they made a mistake!” said Ms Lee.

 

I turned around and saw Shin Hye standing there, helpless and blank. She didn’t respond at all when I tried to talk to her. Today was probably not a day for Shin Hye. I went to speak to Ms. Lee to ask if we could do our experiment at another time and she kindly agreed. I hoped Shin Hye could talk to me soon as I didn’t want her to harbor everything in herself.

 

To my disappointment, Shin Hye kept silent for the whole morning and I finally asked if she wanted to go to the sick bay and she nodded. I hope she would get better this afternoon.