Make-Over Time!

voyage to another world

Shin Hye’s P.O.V.

 

As I was walking along the corridor, someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was So Eun! Since I could hardly talk to her thanks to my new schedule, I grabbed her elbow and squealed in excitement while jumped up and down. Hey! How come she’s not doing the same?! Oh, I got it! I let go of So Eun, who looked at me rather frightfully. I realize how much this “Jong Hyun shell” must have freaked her out.

 

“Oh… So… So Eun! What’s up?” I asked, trying to remain cool.

 

“Umm… I just want to thank you for standing up for me last time!” she smiled shyly and gave me a little bow. Oh come on! There’s no need for such courtesy!

 

“Ah! That’s alright! That’s what friends do!” I blurted out without thinking, and that earned me a puzzled look from So Eun. Boo Hoo! She doesn’t think I’m her friend anymore! But I quickly covered for what I just said: “Since you are Shin Hye’s friend, you are my friend too!” So Eun smiled awkwardly at my words and gave me another little bow before she excused herself. *Sob* *Sob* This stupid soul exchange is tearing my best friend and I apart!

 

As I continued to walk through the corridor, I heard a lot of astonished hissing and cooing. What’s going on here? As I approached the crowd, I was appalled at my horribly sabotaged image: I saw “fake Shin Hye” walking with spiky maroon hair and swag!

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” I screamed in rage as I leaped toward “her”. I grabbed “her” on the shoulders and I shook “her” violently: “What have you done to my hair?!!!!!!!!!”

 

“She” slowly opened “her” tightly shut eyes after I stopped shaking “her”, and answered smugly: “You hair is fine! I’m just giving myself a make-over, Bird Brain!”

 

I released my angry fist at Jong Hyun’s lame impersonation on me, but just as I was about to leave a possibly large bruise and permanent scar on my own face, someone held my shoulders back and dragged me backward. I heard Yong Hwa Oppa’s voice at my ear: “Yah! Jong Hyun! Calm down!” With Yong Hwa Oppa’s restraint, I could do nothing but wave my angry fists in the air aimlessly and scream bloody murder while he dragged me away.

 

When we were away from the crowd, Yong Hwa Oppa let go of me: “Okay, what made you so mad at Shin Hye?”

 

*Because “she” made me look like a walking pin cushion!* I thought blankly, but of course I have to come out with a legit excuse, “I can’t stand it when she goes overboard with her look…”

 

“Oh, I see…” Yong Hwa Oppa chuckled, “looks like you guys don’t get along too badly after all!”

 

I smiled and nodded awkwardly.

 

Jong Hyun’s P.O.V.

 

I was packing for my next lesson when I heard some girls giggling: “Did you see Jong Hyun Oppa from 11-05?” “Yeah, I did! He looked like a complete retard!” “He’s hilarious!” “He looks kinda cute though!”

 

Huh? Me? Retarded, Hillarious and CUTE? Wow! This can’t be right! Shin Hye must have ruined me big this time! I put on my best manner and asked the girls: “Excuse me, where exactly did you see all these?”

 

Some of them rolled their eyes at me, but one of them was kind enough to tell me: “Well, we saw him in the corridor during the recess, but you never know where he is now, you know…”

 

I thanked the girl and for once I hoped that I would bump into Shin Hye today. I have a bone to pick with her!

 

God must have listened to my prayer! But not quite in the way I expected it. On my way to my lesson, my jaw dropped in shock when I saw the lamest version of me: it was like I got all the girly hair clips in Seoul in my hair! Worst of all, Shin Hye was walking like a wannabe model! Bleh! I think I’m about to throw up! I thought this was the worst it could be, but as Shin Hye walked closer, I saw that she drew on my cheek with lipstick!!

 

“Yah!” I roared, “P… Lee Jong Hyun! What have you done to m… yourself?!”

 

“Nothing much!” said Shin Hye casually as she stared at her wiggling fingers (Thank God she didn’t paint the finger nails!), “Just trying out a cooler look!”

 

“Yah!” I my fist, ready to give her some fatal punch, but she easily grabbed my fist. EEERRRR! This stupid couch potato body! She’s definitely taking me back, but I’m not going to stop presenting myself the way I want to!

 

Shin Hye’s P.O.V.

 

Ahahahahaha! It feels awesome to revenge for my image! It’s also fun to see the reactions from other kids! Take that! Bird Brain! But as the days go on, the teasing and mocking from other kids started to bother me… My band mates think I look like an amateur clown… No! I must carry on until the day Jong Hyun cry and haul for sabotaging my image and actually stop it! Then I shall stop! I fought back my tears inwardly and continue to walk with my bizarre accessories in pride.

 

“Moo… Moo…” my phone rang – I got a text message. It was from Jong Hyun: “Yah! Stop all your nonsense and I will stop mine!”

 

“Fine!” I replied, “But if I see one spike tomorrow, I will put one hair clip back on!”

 

“Deal!”

 

Luckily, Jong Hyun kept his promise and I got to stop advertising myself to the bullies. Ah… It feels so much better when all the teasing is dying down!

 

Authornim's note: Dear Readers, sorry for the late update! Hope you enjoy the story! XD <3