Passive Agressive

In Hushed Whispers

Sun Ae laid in her bed staring up at the white ceiling of her bedroom. Boom. Boom. Boom. She turned over in her bed and tried to bury herself in a sea of blankets and pillows. The sound still broke through and she pulled another pillow on top of her head and tried to drown out the heavy bass and loud beats from the music coming from downstairs. Whoever lived there liked to have fun.

A lot of fun. At all times. With no regards to his upstairs neighbor who wanted nothing more than to get a good 8 hours of sleep for once in the past 6 months.

It was actually sort of maddening. There were also the stomps. What was he doing? Clog dancing?

Sun Ae screamed in frustration and so instead of going downstairs and having a freak out in front of her neighbor she chose a less confrontational approach. She stood up angrily and stomped over to her desk, knowing that it made no difference because the music was so loud she could barely heard herself think anyways.

Damn bastard. Who makes so much noise every single freaking day? She thought angrily.

She pulled out a chair and pulled out a piece of paper. Grabbing a sheet of paper she wrote out an angry note. This was it. Sun Ae was done waiting around for this to get tired of stomping around with blaring music. She was in desperate need of sleep.

~~~~~~

Kim Jong In smiled broadly as he grabbed another drink and turned the music up louder. His apartment was packed from wall to wall with people dancing and laughing, among other things. He laughed as a girl with one of those dresses that left nothing to the imagination stumbled up to him, clearly drunk and clearly with a plan in mind. He placed an arm around her shoulders and everyone cheered as an especially popular song came on.

He searched for Baekhyun who gave him a grin with a thumbs up as he saw the false blond staring to move up on Jong In’s body.

Jong In looked over at her and wasn’t surprised when she reached over and placed her lips on him. She tasted like a strong mix of vodka and something else and he pulled away a little put off. But she smiled seductively, her fingers playing with the collar of his shirt and he reminded himself that she was important so he placed a false smile on his face and gently pulled away.

“Wait for me” He whispered in a low tone and she grinned as she quickly nodded, her diamond earrings glittering along with her.

As soon as she was out of view the smile he had disappeared and he sighed tiredly. Baekhyun came up to him with a stiff drink in his hand that he handed over automatically.

“Are you sure you want to do this?!” He yelled over the loud music.

“You want to debut don’t you?!” Jong In yelled as he glanced at the spot she stood with a somewhat disgusted look on his face, “Besides why do you think we throw these parties? Remember, we need connections. It's not enough that we practice in this apartment everyday apparently and spend all our time in those training rooms at SM”

“Don’t do this” Baekhyun said quickly.

Jong In thought about the endless nights he spent with the other trainees. All of them were fighting for the small chance that they would be put into a group ready to debut. His nights were spent dancing, practicing stage presence, trying to make himself marketable. He used to think his looks alone would help, but time was passing by and nothing was changing. There would be times were while showering away all the sweat from the day he wondered if he just shouldn't give up. Even now as his toe throbbed in pain from the blister that had broken out after a particularly long dancing session, he wondered if he just shouldn't quit.

But he knew he couldn't. Every time he thought about it his throat tightened with disgust and anger. He wasn't one to give up on anything. He would become an idol no matter what.

Jong In downed his drink and handed the empty cup back to his friend. With a smirk he gave his friend a pat on the back and returned to the girl.

~~~~~~

Sun Ae placed her pen down angrily and glanced at her finished letter. With a satisfied nod she pulled on a sweater and ran to the elevator. She went to the floor below her and even as she neared his door she could hear the loud music pumping.

She pulled out some tape and taped the letter in the envelope to his front door.

Maybe after he read this he’d be at least polite enough to keep it down.

~~~~~~

Finally the time had come and people began to leave. It took an hour, but Jong In’s apartment was finally empty of all his guests. The woman was the last one to go, but he made sure she knew his name and he definitely knew hers. She was the niece of one of the major shareholders at SME and he had made sure to drop hints about how painful it was to still be a trainee.

Even though she was dumb as rocks, he hoped she got the hint.

“I’ll see you soon then?” She said too sweetly for his taste.

“I’ll call you” Jong In said with a cool nod as he walked her out.

She gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked out. He was just about to close the door when his eyes landed on a white envelope taped to his door. He quickly grabbed it and shut the door behind him.

“What’s that?” Baekhyun asked tiredly as he laid on the couch in the middle of the mess of the friend’s apartment he usually crashed in.

“You’re not gonna believe this” Jong In said with a laugh as his eyes scanned the letter.

 

Dear apartment 04A ,

I know everyone has a right to have fun and enjoy life, but could you please keep it down? I’m trying to sleep and some of us have other things to do besides party. EVERY. SINGLE. WEEKEND. Seriously it’s annoying so please stop.

Sincerely,

Apartment 14B

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just a short chapter to get started! I really wanted to put one up before the weekend was over! Thanks for reading and I'll be sure to update soon! ^__^