Lotte World Part 2

Confessions of a Backup Dancer

 

“I don’t...feel too...good,” Jonghyun groaned as they stumbled off the Drunken Basket. It turned out to be a severely twisted form of a teacup ride that left them all spinning.

 

“So this is what it’s like to be drunk…” Taemin said in wonder.

 

Minho laughed and ruffled his hair. “Don’t get used to it.”

 

Key didn’t say anything, but sat down on the ground and held his head in his hands. He was turning a very light shade of green.

 

“Waa, everything is upside down,” Sulli said, holding onto Luna and almost falling down. The latter, who had a very good sense of balance, managed to save her.

 

“Aren’t you guys dizzy?” Onew asked Sunhwa and Hyun Jin, who were already scouting for the next attraction.

 

Hyun Jin shook her head cheerfully, but then winced as everything spun. “Ani…oh wait.”

 

“Never mind,” Sunhwa laughed as she and Onew had to support Hyun Jin. The latter looked up, dazed, at them and said, “Can we get cotton candy now?”

 

-

 

A quick snack break followed, in which the majority of SHINee didn’t eat and just concentrated on keeping their stomachs from twisting, and the girls happily ate cotton candy and crepes.

 

The whole day involved going on every single one of the rides, including a jungle journey, a carousel, and a 4-D theater.

 

Night had fallen over Lotte World by the time the group headed to the last ride. Twinkling lights illuminated the castle in the distance, and everything glowed, giving the park an ethereal air.

 

“Last stop,” the cameraperson said wearily.

 

“KYAAA THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST!” Hyun Jin yelled to no one in particular. She had consumed a load of sugar over the course of the day, and it was starting to get to her. Sulli giggled along as the group gazed up together at the towering ride in front of them.

 

You know how every amusement park has that one monster roller coaster, like the Incredible Hulk is to Universal Studios? The French Revolution was that coaster. An intimidating being of pure steel and 540-degree spins, it twisted its way through buildings and managed to look extremely scary amid all the cheerful lights.

 

“Maybe this isn’t such a good idea…” Jonghyun started just as a screaming cart of people zoomed past. Sunhwa was pretty sure one of them left traces of puke on the ground next to them. Ew.

 

Key had turned extraordinarily pale and agreed, “Neh…I don’t think I’m feeling too good.”

 

“Come on, guys, we’ve been waiting the whole day to ride this!” Minho urged. Sunhwa had learned that he was the most adventurous of SHINee and didn’t hesitate to take anything on.

 

“If I can ride it, hyungs should too,” Taemin said cheekily.

 

Sunhwa noticed the color of Key’s face and grinned evilly to herself. “Don’t be sissies. I thought you were SHINee?”

 

Luna said delicately, “You could always wait outside for us if you don’t want to ride…”

 

“Just get it over with,” Onew said with finality.

 

And with that, they walked inside the building for The French Revolution.

 

-

 

“No, hyung, don’t make me do this!” Jonghyun begged, desperately clinging onto Onew’s sleeve.

 

Onew laughed. “Come on, Jongie, it won’t be that bad.”

 

They had waited in line for a solid forty minutes and were next up to go, and Key and Jonghyun had turned very pale. Victoria had suddenly appeared for the first time that whole day (Sunhwa suspected that the camera people had gone to find her) and was trying to talk to Key while smacking her gum obnoxiously.

 

“We sit in pairs,” Sulli announced as she leaned over the railing to get a better look at the coaster. “We better grab partners.”

 

Luna grabbed Sulli and Minho rolled his eyes as he held onto Jonghyun.

 

“Taemin, want to sit with me?” Hyun Jin asked shyly. Sunhwa was a bit surprised at her change in tone. One word that did not define Hyun Jin was “shy”.

 

Taemin blinked for a second in surprise, and nodded. He looked back at Sunhwa for a second, but the latter didn’t notice.

 

“Key oppa, sit with me!” Victoria said, her fake French-manicured nails digging into his arm.

 

“Uh…no thanks,” he said, gingerly removing her hands.

 

She whined, “Oppa…don’t you like me?”

 

The rest of the group looked at one another, and after meeting eyes, SHINee simultaneously put out their fists. Onew indiscreetly whispered, “Kai, bai, bo!” and each of them put out rock, except for his scissors. Sulli shot him a look and made a “get over there!” gesture with her hand, to which he vigorously shook his head. Luna giggled softly. Jonghyun bumped Onew with his shoulder, whispering, “Go already!”

 

“No!” Onew looked horrified.

 

“You’re the leader,” Minho hissed, giving him a hard push. Onew had no choice but to walk over to Victoria and say reluctantly, “I’ll sit with you, Victoria-sshi.”

 

She pouted but barely allowed herself to be separated from Key. “I guess that leaves Key and Sunhwa!” Hyun Jin said cheerfully.

 

Sunhwa glared at her. “How about...no?”

 

“I don’t want to be anywhere near her,” Key said with a look of disgust on his face.

 

“Too bad. The roller coaster’s here!” Minho said with finality.

 

 


 

So I realized something: if I want to finish this story within a reasonable amount of chapters (i.e. 100 or less), then I should probably start writing longer ones. So thus, I think I'll start posting longer chapters. No comment on how that will affect my updating schedule... :P

Hope you all liked this chapter, though! Please keep commenting and subscribing. <3

I'm tired. I think I'll go take a nap. ^.^

 

 

- tigress