Introductions

Confessions of a Backup Dancer

 

“I’m nervous,” Sunhwa confessed as she and Hyun Jin made their way to a practice room in the SM Building.

 

Hyun Jin poked her. “Yah, Miss Park, you have nothing to be nervous about. They already accepted you, so all you have to do is show them what a beast you are at dancing.”

 

They stopped in front of the door. Hyun Jin looked at the other girl, one hand on the handle. “Deep breath. Everything is going to be fine.”

 

Sunhwa nodded and gulped.

 

The door swung open.

 

There was an imposing middle-aged man, in contrast to his appearance, sitting on the floor. He got up when he saw them arrive and bowed slightly. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Sang Ki, SHINee’s manager. I will be working with you closely. I assume that you are the backup dancers from the last audition?” Sunhwa nodded, liking this man immediately. He was businesslike, but she could tell that he had a kind heart and would care about them a great deal.

 

Manager Kim continued, “This is Oh Dae Hyun, our choreographer.” A man who had been working earlier came over and bowed slightly. "You can call him Oh seongsang-nim." Along with him came three other girls…and SHINee. Taemin indiscreetly waved at them.

 

“How about we all introduce ourselves?” Manager Kim said. He looked at SHINee expectantly.

 

“Nah dul set…” Sunhwa heard Onew mutter under his breath, and she had to suppress a smile because she knew what was coming next.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, bi naneun SHINee imnida!” they said, bowing and raising their fists. Sunhwa noticed that it was more in sync this time and sounded more natural than when she had heard it before.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Leader Onew!”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Maknae Taemin!”

 

 “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Bling Bling Jonghyun!”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Flaming Charisma Minho!”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Almighty Key!”

 

After this introduction, everyone looked at the first girl that Sunhwa hadn’t seen before, and she smiled shyly and bowed. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Park Sun Young, but my stage name is Luna.” Luna had soft blonde hair and a pretty smile, and Sunhwa instinctively knew she was a kind soul.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Choi Jin Ri!” the next girl said. She smiled cheerfully and waved. “But you can call me Sulli. I mean, Choi Jin Ri is just a mouthful.” She wrinkled her nose for a second, and then it was gone. “I hope we will work well together!”

 

The last girl had her hair pulled up into a severe ponytail (one of those cheerleader ones) that contrasted with her sharp cheekbones. She bowed. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Victoria.” She shot everyone a sickly sweet grin, gaze lingering on Key.

 

Hyun Jin went first. Bowing, she said, “Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Song Hyun Jin. I’m new to this industry, but I know that we will bond and have fun! Thanks for having me here, and let’s work well together!”

 

Smiling, Manager Kim gestured for Sunhwa. She bowed and said, “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Park Sunhwa. I’m new here too, but I promise I will work hard and give my best every day.”

 

Manager Kim nodded. He clapped his hands sharply (Sunhwa wondered if this was something all the authority figures at SM did). “All right, now that that’s done and you know each other, let’s start with the choreography. I’ll sit in for today’s practice but I won’t come every day. Familiarize yourselves with the steps today; it’s the start of a long road we will climb together. Dae Hyun-sshi?”

 

The choreographer nodded. He said briskly, “SHINee has already had a week of practice, so let’s start by working with the backup dancers.”

 

Sunhwa went over to where Oh seongsang-nim gestured and rolled up the sleeves of her t-shirt. It was time to work.

 

 


 

Herro :)

Note: I like f(x) a lot and think they're really talented! The new characters are not based off of the real life idols; the only thing they have in common are their names. I have absolutely nothing against Momma Vic, but that's how it turned out. :P

Anyway, I hope you guys liked the chapter! xD Thank you guys so much for the sweet comments and support. Saranghae <3

 

- tigress