Round Up

Running Love

Jae Suk was not the student president for nothing. Gathering people was easy for him.

 

He was going to get everybody to Suk Jin's house. Although he does not know the reason for Suk Jin who had been missing since his confession day (Jae Suk thought that it was going to be something about Kwang Soo, because the both of them are very close too, despite the age difference), but by the time he gathered the big gang over to his place, he knew Suk Jin could not have the heart to say no.

 

"First, let's pick up our lovely Monday in-laws," Jae Suk had a knack of talking to himself when his friend, Kwon Ryeol, was around. Kwon Ryeol wasn't very close to the gang, but his quiet and laid back attitude earned him extra friends than he expected. Jae Suk had brought along Kwon Ryeol along as his companion in his quest just to listen to him chatter, besides, the bulky guy had nothing better to do than film around the school, he might as well tag along with Jae Suk and his adventures (?).

 

Heading towards the school's reading area, where Jae Suk had predicted where the Monday Couple would be, the school president was humming a small tune to himself, clicking away with his fingers, having no doubts that the both of them would agree with his mission to gather all of them together to come clean with their feelings.

 

But he had never expected for HaHa to be there with the three of them too.

 

Usually the childish third-year would complain about how Gary was so mushy and refused to be with them whenever they're alone, but today he was sitting beside Gary, quietly playing with his doll-shaped pencil box while Gary was revising his homework with Ji Hyo. The strange thing was, the harmonious couple did not reject HaHa's presence, and they seemed to be getting along well, as if every member was present and they were not awkward.

 

Jae Suk walked cautiously towards the three of them, Kwon Ryeol following in his steps. He made himself known by clearing his throat. The three of them looked towards Jae Suk, and only HaHa continued what he was doing, Gary and Ji Hyo both greeted Jae Suk and his friend with a simple bow and an even simpler 'hello'.

 

"What brings you here, Jae Suk hyung?" Gary asked, inviting Jae Suk and Kwon Ryeol for a seat.

 

"I'm here for a mission. A mission to make us express our true feelings," Jae Suk said this without even blinking, even Gary was slightly taken back by Jae Suk's words.

 

"What?" Gary repeated. "What were you..."

 

"Express our true feelings. Don't you think that all of us had been avoiding each other too much lately?" Jae Suk was looking at HaHa when he said that. "We can't run away from what we feel. Yes, we could keep it down, try not to touch that sealed box, but that would made us want to open it even more." Jae Suk waited for HaHa to show any indication that he was listening. From the slight widening of his eyes, he knew he was. "We may be rejected, we may be accepted, we'll never know unless we try. That time doesn't count, HaHa. Jong Kook may thought you were joking and didn't gave two thoughts about it. I'm going to his place after this, are you coming with me?"

 

HaHa looked at his doll for consultation. He needed to face his feelings sooner or later. The longer he dragged it, the longer he'll hurt himself, and neither side would be happy in the long run. Jae Suk's offer might be the chance that he was waiting for. If Jong Kook rejects, then fine, he may propose for them to stay as friends, but if he accepts... How can he accept his feelings? Their levels of love are coming from a different level. Jong Kook may never reciprocate the feelings HaHa had for him.

 

It was worth the try, though.

 

"I'm coming."

 

 

Jong Kook had finished his bath at the gym when the gang of five walked into the gym after school. Bong Sun was out of sight, and Jong Kook had to deal with them personally.

 

Jae Suk inched forward towards Jong Kook, trying to put aside the jealousy he felt. Jong Kook watched him with shielded feelings, preparing himself of whatever it is that is coming his way.

 

"Hi."

 

"Good day."

 

"Do you mind coming with me for something meaningful?"

 

"Huh?" Jong Kook was confused. Jae Suk sighed, annoyed by himself and his inability to speak well whenever he's nervous.

 

"What Jae Suk hyung meant was he wanted you to go along with him. He said he was going to gather everyone and have some sort of a confession fest." Gary explained, and Jae Suk nodded.

 

"Yeah, that's... the whole thing about it."

 

"Why are you doing this?" Jong Kook asked.

 

"Because if you hadn't noticed, all of us aren't seeing each other lately, isn't it?" Jae Suk retorted angrily, the stolen kiss resurfacing every so often. "I just want everybody to be together. I don't want everything to end because of my stupid confession."

 

"Your confession wasn't stupid. My kiss was." Jong Kook returned, feeling sorry for the chain of events he thought he had caused. "It was such a stupid and immature move. I don't think Kwang Soo was feeling okay with that..."

 

Jae Suk stopped him before he could say any more. "We'll save that for the confession fest. The point is, are you coming?"

 

"You bet I am."

 

There was a smirk between the two males, and nobody pretended to see it.

 

 

 

Kwang Soo's house was the next destination. He was mashing on the buttons of his console when the door of his room was opened rather loudly by his friends.

 

 

"Joong Ki, close the door," He had thought it was Joong Ki, who was visiting at the moment, but when he heard more footsteps entering the room, he turned around and got a shock when he saw exactly who were visiting.

 

The big group consisting of Jae Suk, Jong Kook, Gary, Ji Hyo, HaHa and Kwon Ryeol was cramping his already-small room. Plus there was also Joong Ki, who was over at his house to keep Kwang Soo company. Jae Suk did not hesitate as he gave Kwang Soo a big hug, already missing the warmth and presence of the tall kid. Jong Kook also went over and gave him a pat on the back, smiling warmly at him. Kwang Soo was shocked at both his hyung’s moves, and could only cover his mouth with his hands while Joong Ki made enthusiastic greetings to his seniors.

 

“Wh... Why are all of you here?” Kwang Soo asked, finally recovering from his shock.

 

“We came because we want to invite you, and Joong Ki, too, if he doesn’t mind,” To which Joong Ki nodded happily, already agreeing before he even know what was Jae Suk’s offer. “…to an event which Gary had dubbed as a confession fiesta.”

 

“What in the world was that?” Kwang Soo asked, bewildered.

 

“All of us need to come clear with our feelings. Nothing could be done when all we did was avoiding each other. I know it was hard on you, Kwang Soo, but you’re sort of the main star of this event, so could you please agree to join us?” Jae Suk’s eyes were sincere when he said this, and the hand patting his shoulder was so convincing too… But they were lacking of somebody, don’t they?

 

“Where’s Suk Jin hyung?”

 

“His house would be the venue. Are you agreeing?”

 

“I’ve always wanted to visit Suk Jin hyung’s house. Why not?” Kwang Soo did not feel okay at how this event would turn out to be, but it was always okay to try! Besides, what he said was the truth.

 

~TBC

A/N: I know I'm making snail progress, but please bear with me! Thank you, I love you and the comments section are always open if you have anything to say! I won't bite, I promise (: