The First Encounter

Running Love

 

He just doesn't realize the effects he has on people.

 

Kwang Soo was late to recess today. All of the Runners, consisting of Jae Suk, Suk Jin, Jong Kook, HaHa, Gary and Ji Hyo, were gathered in the canteen, already gotten their own food and began to tuck in just as Kwang Soo arrived with his food - a piece of bread - , breathing heavily to regain breath.

 

"Hey. Where have you been?" HaHa asked, a mouth full of hot steaming noodles.

 

"Detention. Some of the guys had been really annoying and the teacher got mad." Kwang Soo explained, taking a seat right opposite of Jae Suk, and to his left is Ji Hyo along with Gary. In front of the Monday Couple is HaHa and Jong Kook. Suk Jin was at Jae Suk's other side. "Anyhow! I'll have my meal!"

 

They laughed at Kwang Soo's misery, and resumed their previous conversation. All this while, Kwang Soo's job is to fill up his stomach, so when a hand slipped under his chin to lift it up, he was absolutely startled.

 

"H-hey!"

 

"Don't be in such a rush, Kwang Soo." Jae Suk, who was sitting across from him, giggled as he held his junior's chin in place. Then, Jae Suk saw something that caught his eye.

 

"Hold on."

 

And then, without warning, Jae Suk used his thumb to wipe off a visible bread crumb from the corner of Kwang Soo's lips.

 

His touch was warm, and the finger the glided across his messy lips was gentle, thus Kwang Soo could not help but blush furiously. His breath hitched in his throat, his heartbeat just went discoing, and his eyes widened as they stare at Jae Suk.

 

Loud whooping noises are made from the rest of the Runners. HaHa immediately turned towards his favourite senior, puckered his lips up as he whined at Jong Kook, "Please, hyung. Wipe the stains off my lips too!"

 

Jong Kook, who was jealous of Jae Suk and lost his concentration on everything else, noticing the little shudder Kwang Soo made, and how his throat gulped without he himself noticing, and the obvious heating of the cheek, was brought back to reality by HaHa. He turned towards his junior, and pulled him closer by the collar, until he was breathing down onto HaHa.

 

"Wipe it off yourself."

 

HaHa immediately pulled away and began sobbing childishly, whining about how people should love him more.

 

Meanwhile, Gary, being the romantic and caring boyfriend, kissed the side of Ji Hyo's lips, earning a flushed girlfriend, and a peck on the cheeks in return.

 

"Yah! All the romantics are here, and I'm definitely left out!" Suk Jin complained, and in return, he got Jae Suk's finger resting on his lips, a sign for him to say nothing more, also known as Gary romantic trick used to woo girls. He stopped for a fraction of a second, absorbing the giddiness he felt, before kissing lightly on Jae Suk's fingers, making his friend-crush showing his toothy grin, a sight that Suk Jin always cherished whenever it came up.

 

Kwang Soo watched as all the scenes unfolded in front of him at once, Jae Suk's hand already leaving his chin, the imaginary warmth lingering behind, leaving a trail of sensations along his lips. Kwang Soo cursed his racing heartbeat, touching the front of his chest with his bony fingers, feeling his heart beating against his flesh.

 

He just hoped that this was not just a joke.

 

~TBC