Clutches of a Crane

Running Love

 

Even though Jae Suk is the school's student president, there was a past memory of him that he'd rather not talk about it.

 

But one person of said memories is currently cornering his crush, and for the first time, he don't know what to do.

 

"Hello, Min Soo hyung. W-What can I do for you?" Kwang Soo was slowly backing up to the wall behind him, looking down at his senior closing up on him. Min Soo was holding his trademark handheld fan, and with a few swipes, it made a breeze only for the owner of the fan. He was wearing a bandana on his head, acting as his representative fashion style.

 

Jae Suk hides at a distance while Min Soo slowly backs up Kwang Soo, determining to watch everything unfold before making a move.

 

He had heard from rumours that Kwang Soo may or may not be Jae Suk's crush. Well, rumours all around always said that Jae Suk loves somebody and somebody, but in truth Min Soo knew that Jae Suk was being nice to everybody and people are just rushing to conclusions. But he had caught times that Jae Suk looked at Kwang Soo with something that just doesn't apply to everybody else.

 

Therefore, the hunt has started.

 

And it's going to end with Jae Suk's regret.

 

A few years ago, when Min Soo and Jae Suk first entered Running High, they're the best of friends. They had did everything together, until Jae Suk ran for student president without Min Soo's knowledge. Min Soo hated the authority, and had thought that with Jae Suk, they could create their own era and stirr up as much chaos and disorder as means of creating problems as well as proof of their friendship; memories to cherish.

 

But Jae Suk had to run for that bloody position.

 

Of course, with Jae Suk's growing charm and that ugly toothy grin, the seat of student president is given to him without much competition. Min Soo refused to continue their friendship after that, and Jae Suk thought that Min Soo was just being childish without even confronting him.

 

Now, two years had passed, Jae Suk had his own friends, and Min Soo was still alone, because he insisted that going rogue suits him better. Jae Suk often spotted him alone, but before he could attempt to strike up a conversation, Min Soo would sense his presence and leave, making Jae Suk unable to reconnect between the both of them.

 

Jae Suk had been upset about this, but he had gotten over it, although it had left an ache in his heart.

 

And now, the ache is making his comeback.

 

"Tell me, are you close with Jae Suk?"

 

"Huh? Jae Suk hyung?" Kwang Soo's expression immediately relaxed a bit upon the mentioning of his senior. Then he remembered the time Jae Suk wiped his lips with his finger, and his face immediately turned a shade of pink, which didn't go past Min Soo's observant eyes. "He's... He's one of my best friends. But I don't know if he had ever considered me his best friend, you know." Kwang Soo trailed off, and Min Soo was reminded of the days that he and Jae Suk were the best of buddies.

 

Were, Min Soo reminded himself.

 

"I know." Min Soo muttered in a low voice as he took another step closer to Kwang Soo. Deciding to be straightforward, Min Soo asked. "Do you like him? Romantically, of course."

 

And for the first time, Jae Suk was glad he made the choice to stay as he waited for Kwang Soo's answer.

 

~TBC