Confess

Running Love

 

“I…”

 

“Hey!”

 

This was the sound of the person Kwang Soo did not even think would arrive at that time. Min Soo turned at the voice, maintaining a composed expression, and watched as Jong Kook walked towards them. A sports bag filled with sporting equipment across his arm, a water bottle in his hand, it’s apparent that he had just finished one of his many exercising activities of his sports club.

 

“Kwang Soo! What are you doing?” Jong Kook is not all brawns and no brain. He knew Min Soo spells trouble, and that Kwang Soo is just slow to realize that Min Soo is dangerous. He had to get him away from the threatening senior as soon as possible.

 

“Oh, Jong Kook hyung!” Kwang Soo brightened when he saw Jong Kook. He swore he could almost feel Min Soo’s breath at this distance, and is starting to feel uneasy.

 

“And what in the world are you doing right here?” Min Soo demanded, using one free hand to clasp the base of Kwang Soo’s throat against the wall, stopping him from going towards Jong Kook. This sudden act of dominance surprised both of them. “Lee Kwang Soo over here is mine. I am not done with him just yet.”

 

If Jong Kook is startled, he didn’t let it show. Instead, he continued walking towards Kwang Soo, as he thought out a plan on how to free his junior from the tight spot. He stood beside Min Soo, and slapped his hand away from Kwang Soo.

 

“Don’t touch my boyfriend.”

 

Min Soo looked positively taken back by this. He tried to stifle a malicious grin as he saw somebody standing at the far end of the corridor, within perfect hearing distance. Then, he also noticed Jae Suk hiding behind one of the pillars. It all was easy with his hawk-like eyesight.

 

“Oh, really? Don’t pull off this ‘fake boyfriend’ act on me, tough kid,” Min Soo snickered, before deciding that he should stir up a dramatic plot twist. That’s what he does best, anyway. “He belongs to Jae Suk.”

 

“What?!” Kwang Soo, at this moment was already red to the neck, blatantly yelled out in shock.

 

“Jae Suk likes you, can’t you see?”

 

If I can’t have your heart, then you can’t have others’, Jae Suk.

 

“Yes.” Min Soo said, and pointed towards the end of the corridor, where HaHa currently stood. “Doesn’t Dong Hoon over there has a crush on Jong Kook too?” Redirecting his finger towards the pillar where Jae Suk is currently hiding, Min Soo continued. “Jae Suk yah~ Come on out!”

 

Jae Suk took a deep gulp. He had never predicted that his ex-best friend would do this to him. But then, this is Min Soo we’re talking about. He’s known for acting crazy at the most improper moments. Slowly and timidly, Jae Suk stepped out from behind his hiding spot.

 

“Jae Suk hyung! Why didn’t you come out earlier?!” This was Kwang Soo’s first words. “What Min Soo hyung just said about you liking me, that’s not true, isn’t it?”

 

Min Soo just stood there, smirking as he watched everything happen before him.

 

“Kwang Soo, I…”

 

Everything stopped between them. Everyone waited, holding their breath as they waited for Jae Suk to finish.

 

“I… I like you, Kwang Soo.”

 

 

The confession was so sudden, and before Kwang Soo could respond to that, Jong Kook made his move.

 

 

He pulled the unguarded Kwang Soo down to his level, and forcefully mashed their lips together.

 

Jong Kook could feel the taste of the fruit juice he had drunk earlier this morning. Kwang Soo was caught off guard, and using the split seconds of the parting of the lips, Jong Kook attempts to deepen the kiss aggressively, but he was distracted by the rapidly increasing sobs.

 

“Hyung! How can you do this to me?!” HaHa was crying right now, tears streaming down his adorable face which usually gave the sunniest smiles. It was heartbreaking to even see him shed tears like this. “I loved you, hyung!”

 

Without any further words, HaHa fled away within moments, attracting the attention of several students who was already trying not to pay attention of what’s happening around them when Min Soo’s around.

 

Kwang Soo, on the other hand, was flustered by all the attention he was having. He unconsciously touched his lips with his fingers, wiping away the saliva that Jong Kook had left from the previous attempt of having a tongue battle. Jae Suk reached over and grabbed Kwang Soo’s hand, pulling it away from his lips, firmly grabbing Kwang Soo’s hands within his grasp.

 

“Jong Kook! What is the meaning of this?!” Jae Suk demanded, trying hard to conceal his anger.

 

“I just kissed him! What do you think it is?” Jong Kook retorted sarcastically, glaring daggers at Jae Suk, who was holding onto Kwang Soo very tightly.

 

“Jong Kook, if you’re going to go for Kwang Soo, I swear…”

 

“You’ll what? Huh?” Jong Kook never realized that he could be so aggressive when needed. Probably it’s because the aspect of another love interest of Kwang Soo had fired up his protective instinct, and also the need to profess his love before it’s too late.

 

“Kwang Soo is mine!” Both of them declared in unison, and for the first time, Kwang Soo had a taste of being part of a love triangle.

 

Let’s just say that it isn’t pleasing.

 

Or is it…?

 

~TBC