Aftermath

Running Love

 

The next day, recess arrived without much delay, seeing how Jong Kook, Jae Suk and Kwang Soo were all avoiding each other.

 

Kwang Soo was making small steps to the canteen, knowing that when its recess then it must mean that he would eventually meet both of them. He wouldn’t want to see them, not yet. Not when he haven’t cleared his feelings for either of them.

 

Surprisingly, the only one over at the table they usually sit, was Joong Ki. He looked especially beautiful sitting there alone, without the big brothers and his cousin bickering and quarreling and playing mini games around him, but at the same time he also looked lonely, like a blooming rose all by itself in an empty garden. Kwang Soo hurried over to his side as he was still drinking from his bowl of soup.

 

“Where’s everyone?”

 

“Oh. Ji Hyo noona was with Gary hyung and Haha hyung. Jae Suk hyung said that he had some student president matters to settle with, and Jong Kook hyung was busy training his new set of biceps over at the gym.” Kwang Soo giggled, despite the same person who brought unneeded stress into his life.

 

“What about Suk Jin hyung?”

 

“He…” Remembering what he had overseen and overheard earlier, Joong Ki decided to spin a small lie, not wanting to create more drama between the eight of them. “He was down with something, I guess. The long nights of stock meddling finally got to him.”

 

“I knew this was going to happen sooner or later.” Kwang Soo gave a small flick with his head, marveling in his own accurate prediction. “Suk Jin hyung was going to fall sick with all these time staying up on the computer.” Kwang Soo really doesn’t want to talk about Jae Suk and Jong Kook right now.

 

Even so, Joong Ki, on the other hand, doesn’t want to talk about Suk Jin. This made him remember about the scene that should not be seen by anyone. At least Kwang Soo shouldn't. He quickly scooped a spoonful of soup, sending it towards Kwang Soo’s direction to distract him. Kwang Soo was shocked when he turned around with a spoon against his face, but then he was reduced to laughter before taking the spoon into his mouth.

 

Girls who are seated around the canteen held back their squeals. An amount of Joong Ki fangirls grit their teeth in disapproval, but most of them found this scene highly adorable, especially when Kwang Soo attempted to spoon feed Joong Ki back. But then a small yelp finally made itself heard when Kwang Soo holds a mouthful of soup and tries to pass it to Joong Ki with their mouths. Both boys giggled and laughed happily, and Kwang Soo was momentarily carried away from his problems.

 

xXx

 

HaHa was glad that he had two of his best friends with him when he's in such a messy state. Now covering in a white, thick bedsheet, sinking in his own sorrowful feelings with Gary and Ji Hyo sitting in front of him on his comfy queen sized bed, there was only one thing in his mind.

 

The kiss that Jong Kook gave Kwang Soo.

 

He thought back of the times he and Jong Kook used to share. Jong Kook was always like a big brother to him, always there to protect him, always there to make him feel loved and wanted, his presence already becoming more and more important to HaHa by each passing day. HaHa first realized his love for Jong Kook was when he began to feel giddier and it's as if without Jong Kook, there will not be Haroro. HaHa never told Jong Kook about all the dreams which included him in it, and never the times that he resisted the urge to just peck those lips that could have never been his.

 

Looking down at his wrapped figure, HaHa bit back tears.

 

"Dong Hoon, I know what we say and we do can't change anything, but could you please tell us what's wrong?" Gary asked gently, patting the spot on HaHa's body where his arm should be. Ji Hyo elbowed her boyfriend sharply, before whispering into his ear. Gary pulled away with an unmasked gasp.

 

"Really?!"

 

"Jae Suk told everybody to not spread the word. Besides you're always oblivious to everything around you, of course you don't know about it." Ji Hyo explained louder this time, and looked at the sulking HaHa. "I really don't know both Jong Kook oppa and Jae Suk oppa are into guys. I mean, they are always charming other girls' off all the time."

 

HaHa let out a small sniff. Gary and Ji Hyo hurriedly leaned forward to check on him. "No, please, Roro, don't cry." Gary muttered out before HaHa could even say anything. This made HaHa laugh.

 

"Stupid. I'm not crying. My nose was just itchy." HaHa rubbed the tip of his nose, grinning as he did so, trying to cheer himself up because he had read before that forcing oneself to smile can actually cheer yourself up. But after a few seconds of grinning, he gave up and settled on a huge sigh. "Okay, I can't do this."

 

"I've always thought that Jong Kook hyung and I could stay together as friends. But with things falling apart one by one like this, I'm not sure if I can do this anymore." HaHa casted a downwards glance. "Kwang Soo was nice and is really obedient, I can't bring myself to hate him. A part of me wants to tear that kid apart, make him regret he ever captures Jong Kook's attention. Yet another part of me just keep telling me to give up, because I had made the mistake of yelling out that I love him in the middle of nowhere. Yes, he may see it as a joke, but now I know that Jong Kook hyung won't kiss me the way he kisses Kwang Soo, and of all things... He wasn't even here for me."

 

HaHa finished his sentence quietly, still he made himself clear to his two only audiences. Ji Hyo doesn't hesitate as she moves forward to give him a hug, followed by Gary, embracing him with their warmth and their presence.

 

"It's okay, Dong Hoon. Everything's going to be okay." Gary whispered, only for the three of them to hear, while Ji Hyo ran her fingers through HaHa's hair, hoping to cheer him up. HaHa doesn't even realize he's crying the whole time until Gary gently wipes off the tears on his face.

 

That night, the three of them cuddled each other to sleep. HaHa still felt empty inside, but he eventually drifted off to sleep.

 

~TBC

 

A/N: I'm sorry for the delayed update!