Confession Fest

Running Love

 

Suk Jin was comfortably resting in his living room when Jae Suk came. He was watching TV, a plate of chocolate chip cookies sitting on the coffee table in front of him, the house being peacefully silent  because he was the only person in it as of right now. The chattering of the variety show on TV was the only sound emitting from the whole double-story house, and he, for the first time in days, was not getting his heart eaten out and was concentrating on the MCs on the television, occasionally laughing at the funny comments they made. He felt better, and the door bell rang.

 

He turned his head towards the door, wondering if he was expecting anyone lately. He had skipped school for just one day, surely the teachers wouldn't get him into any problems. His parents won't be back until later at night, too. So who was at his doorstep?

 

Forcing himself to get up from the comfy couch, Suk Jin hoped that it was not any salesman trying to promote their goods, because he swore he would slam the door in their face for ruining his mood.

 

Come on, who would slam the door on Jae Suk's smiling face?

 

The words were taken straight out from Suk Jin's lips when he saw who were exactly behind his front door. His best friend of many years, Jae Suk was beaming at his doorstep, with almost every of his better friends behind him. Suk Jin wanted to say something, to at least greet Jae Suk and the others, but it had been a long time since he saw the student president, and the ache in his heart seemed to heal itself all of a sudden. Although it was just a few days, Suk Jin could not help himself but thirst of their reunion without any awkward situations. And here he was. Both of them standing on the doorstep, like something ripped out of some sappy drama, the only thing that they needed to do was to kiss and hug each other.

 

They did. But not the kissing.

 

Jae Suk immediately pulled Suk Jin into a huge bear hug, feeling the familiar sensation that is his best friend, the person whom he had wished to see, despite all others. Suk Jin returned the hug, burying his head into Jae Suk's shoulder blades, drowning in the feeling of Jae Suk around him. A small smile etched on their lips, and for the first time, everybody was immersed at this special reunion, for no one said anything, except for the both of them.

 

"I miss you, hyung."

 

"I miss you too, Jae Suk."

 

 

After explaining everything to Suk Jin once again, the oldest brother-slash-host invited everyone into his house, making them sit in a circle in the living room after moving the coffee table aside. He dished out more snacks and some drinks for them, which they responded by promising to leave no crumbs behind. They were enjoying the food when Jae Suk started the event he had planned.

 

"I get that all of you know the reason you are here, am I right?" Jae Suk announced loudly, raising a potato chip high in the air to get their attention. "All of us need to be truthful to each other, today. Right now."

 

An awkward silence fell between the eight of them, even the munching sounds can't be heard. Jae Suk cleared his throat, and volunteered to start in order to revive the atmosphere.

 

"First. I'd like to confess that I love Kwang Soo, which, I guess, most of you had already knew about it," Jae Suk said without shame, contradicting Kwang Soo, who had started to turn red on the face. "And I am prepared to have a fair competition with Jong Kook, if he desires Kwang Soo as well. Also, to Suk Jin hyung, you owe me an explanation as to why you had disappeared so suddenly. I have a theory, is it because that you..."

 

"Yes, I love you, Jae Suk," Suk Jin was staring hard at his cookie when he said this. His face was positively flaming up, and he would like to spare himself of the shame he was about to bring to himself. "I'm jealous of Kwang Soo and I'm heartbroken by the fact that you're giving your love to him instead of me." Everybody was staring at Suk Jin, and he knew that, but he chose to not meet their gaze head on. This was the most embarrassing moment of his life and nothing could be worse than this.

 

"Hyung~" Kwang Soo immediately inched towards Suk Jin, stretching his long arms and wrapping them around the bespectacled male, nuzzling the top of his hair and pouting in what he thinks is the cutest way. "I love Suk Jin hyung the best! I don't want the both of them, I want you instead~"

 

As the people said, never underestimate the power of love. The love between friends that existed between Suk Jin and Kwang Soo wasn't fragile despite the , soon enough, Suk Jin could not bring himself to continue be jealous of Kwang Soo. He could only blame himself for his lack of charisma. He heaved a heavy sigh, before gently patting at Kwang Soo's back, smiling a small smile.

 

Jae Suk was completely taken aback by Suk Jin's words. He had his suspicions, but he never thought that Suk Jin was really having a crush on him. It was expected, but when the truth was confirmed, it still brought impact on Jae Suk himself. He was stunned for a few moments, before shyly thanking Suk Jin for investing his love on him. The awkward tension was further removed when Suk Jin jokingly held the cookie in his mouth, wanting for Jae Suk to share the cookie with him, but the latter just laughed heartily, bit a bite off of it, and said "I'm sorry I can't love you".

 

This inspired Jae Suk for a game.

 

 

The main point of the game is to hold a food in your mouth, give it to the person you like, and if he or she loves you back, they would take a bite off it and say 'I love you' ; if they don't, they would just say 'I'm sorry I can't love you'. Everybody agreed to the game. It would make everything seem less awkward. Sort of.

 

But a stricter rule was added after Suk Jin and Kwang Soo both shared a piece of gummy worm giddily and repeatedly saying 'I love you's back and forth. Only romantic feelings are allowed and not the love between friends.

 

HaHa was the first to give it a try. He held the gummy worm taken from the same bag that Suk Jin had took from earlier, putting it into his mouth, hesitating as he chewed at his end of the gummy. He was then ushered by Jae Suk to hurry up, to which he responded by eating the gummy worm as a whole angrily, declaring that he had nobody on his mind as of right now.

 

“What about your Jong Kook hyung?” Jae Suk teased, knowing what impact his words could bring. HaHa did not look at all shaken when he retorted with “I thought you said no friendship loves, Jae Suk hyung”.

 

Gary and Ji Hyo were concerned about HaHa’s reply. It was HaHa’s decision to forget about Jong Kook and remain as friends, although the Monday couple would not agree to it, but they respected HaHa’s choice. He was willing to give up his happiness for his beloved, and they were going to aid him along the way.

 

Gary began to make the atmosphere cheery by acting all coy and greasy. “I present this biscuit to my dear, sweet, precious Ji Hyo~” Holding a chocolate pocky in his mouth, he turned towards Ji Hyo, pouting and acting all cute, which made everybody present had a good laugh, especially his girlfriend. She playfully pushed him away, before pulling him back towards her, and ate the chocolate end of the biscuit, sealing the deal with a soft kiss, which made the rest of them go all “ooh” and “aah” and “ugh my eyes!”.

 

 

Kwang Soo was hesitant on whom to give his snack to.

 

Jae Suk was the popular, nice guy, always helping anybody in need. He was also fun to be with, promising you that he will make you feel loved and wanted at every given second alongside him. Being with Jae Suk could bring about almost everything you needed to stay happy.

 

Jong Kook, on the other hand, was the gentle beast. He could protect you from any kind of harm, be it physically or mentally. His wits were also not to be underestimated, and that was an added plus if you were having problems on your studies. He also acts cute occasionally, and that is funny and heartwarming to watch.

 

What is the difference between the both of them, actually?

 

Kwang Soo munched blankly on his third cookie stick as he pondered on. “The both of you are the same side of a coin, how could I possibly choose?”

 

Jong Kook and Jae Suk glanced at each other, to which Jong Kook retorted, “How could we be equal? Look at him, he’s so ugly!”

 

“Yah!” Jae Suk was trying to scowl at Jong Kook, but the grin on his face sold him away. He did not find comments like these offending, he finds them funny instead. “Do you really think that those muscles go well with that face of yours, huh?”

 

“Could the both of you just stop?” Kwang Soo howled from his seat, snapping the biscuit in half with his teeth, dumping the remaining part of it hard on the floor.

 

Amidst the erupting chaos, Joong Ki finally made himself heard. “I’ve got an idea!”

 

“What idea?” His in-law, Gary, turned towards him and asked.

 

“How about Jae Suk hyung and Jong Kook hyung share Kwang Soo for every alternate week?”

 

“What am I, a toy to be lent around?” Kwang Soo immediately expressed his disinterest, but Jae Suk and Jong Kook seemed to agree on the idea, for they share an agreeing signal via eye contact, before advancing towards Kwang Soo. Jae Suk was quicker than Jong Kook for a fraction of a second, and he did not hesitate as he stuffed the cookie stick that Kwang Soo had discarded back into a stunned giraffe’s mouth, kissing him on the lips along with the exposed end of the biscuit.

 

Jong Kook pushed Jae Suk away, cutting him away from the kiss, and mashed his lips against Kwang Soo’s, which was still warm from Jae Suk’s touch. Jong Kook even cupped Kwang Soo’s cheeks gently, further deepening the kiss. The guy who got kissed twice nearly at the same time was still in shock, his body heating up even before his brain could register what had happened.

 

“Aigoo, what’s with all the kissing?!” Suk Jin complained at a side, secretly laughing as he saw the dumbfounded Kwang Soo, although his heart was hurting a little.

 

“Hyung!” It was unclear which hyung Kwang Soo was addressing, but from the looks of it, it should be either Jae Suk or Jong Kook. Or the both of them. “How could you---”

 

“It feels good, doesn’t it? Come on, say yes, or we’ll kiss you again!”

 

Kwang Soo ended up agreeing under Jae Suk’s threat (?).

 

Is everything going to work out better this way?

 

We'll just have to find out.

 

~TBC

A/N: This is by far the longest chapter, I guess. Anyhow! I'm thinking of writing a mafia AU. Any pairing suggestions? MC is definitely in the list, don't worry (:

I want to hear from you all!