Project Partner.

Ice Coffee Espresso Double Shot + Sequel

[YOUR POV]

 

The days went as usual. Except the fact that I found Seunghyun and I study in the same university, in the same course and in the same class. He wanted to finish his study in Korea instead of USA so that's why he moved back here. It's not like anyone mind though. To attend the same university with SangHyun Group's only heir is something to be proud of. They said.

And let me tell you something. This one rude beautiful creature is not a joke. He's so clever!... Yeah, I know I know.. Who knows someone this rude owns the title of 'Korean Choi Enstein'. Pfffffttt. Okay, the people are sure enough exaggerating.

 

"So for the upcoming project,.." I snapped out of my thoughts as the professor started to speak.

"I want you to work with a partner. Since there are 28 of you, I guess there won't be a problem... And you can start the project as soon as you found your partner." He continued.

I pouted as I looked at my two bestfriends, Chaerin and Minji who were sitting in front of me. They made a 'sorry' sign. I sighed as I looked around for a partner. I'm not that friendly type and I barely made friend when I first enter the university. Luckily there were Minji and Chaerin who greeted me first. Then they introduced me to their high school sunbaes who happened to be in the same university with us and now are in their last year of music course, Bom and Dara unnie. And sadly to admit, but they were the only friends that I have.

My eyes caught Seunghyun's looking at me from the opposite of the class. They were a few girls around him. Talking to him, asking him to be their partner maybe. He has no male friends, if I may add. Maybe because of his brain he's so popular, but I highly doubt it. The girls were talking to him because of his looks and I guess that's why the males in my class don't really talk or make friend with him. Jealous? Well that's from what I see.

Seunghyun said something making the girls frowned and went back to their seats, sending me their death glares in the process. What did I do? I blinked at them.

 

 

"All these while, the professor makes us work in a group of three or four but why suddenly with a partner?" I frowned and put my head on the table as I looked at Bom who's enjoying her corn in front of me.

"He just wants all of us to work. I mean, if there were four or five people in a group, it's not like all of us will work our off.. Right? There's only two or three people who will do the works and the others will just credit their name in." Chaerin said looking at me while Minji nodded.

"She's right. Ji Min ah, cheer up. You just need to find a partner for the project. It's not like you have to find a husband or something. Take it easy." Bom said offering me some of her corns which I gladly took it. I just love corns as much as she does.

"Husband?! Who's getting married??" Dara said out of nowhere as she took a seat beside me. I lift my head to greet her and put back on the table, frowning.

"Oh unnie you're late." Minji said to Dara as she offered some of her mom's kimbap.

"Mian mian. My class just finished." Dara said and took one. "So.. Who's getting married?" She asked with full. I sighed loudly when I remember that I still don't have a partner. 

Minji told Dara everything and she nodded with an "Aaaaaa.."

"Why don't you pair up with that handsome neighbor of yours? He's from your class right?" Dara suggested.

Bom quickly nod at me with her eyes widen, agreeing with Dara. They knew about Seunghyun renting an appartment unit beside mine. And tell you what, they were screaming and yelling when I first tell them. Well let's just say everyone does. 

"Seunghyun?! You gotta be kidding. We barely talked! And everytime we talk to each other, we end up bickering." I shot my head up straight.

"You know unnie, I think he's a psycho. His house... Ah, I mean his mansion is just a few kilometers away from our appartment and I just can't get it why he still wants to rent an appartment. And I think his mansion is a bit nearer than the appartment, to the university. I just can't get it." I said with enthusiasm. Yeah. He's a pshyco.

"And.. Why rent a normal appartment when you can afford to rent a more expensive one or... Or even a mansion?.. I mean, just why rent a normal one? With the always out of order elevator... Just who will?" I tugged on my hair. 

"Choi Seunghyun." They answered in unison. Yes. Only him. He's filthy rich for God's sake. Stingy maybe?

I am so frustrated with the fact that Seunghyun is my neighbor. I mean, every morning the second we saw each other, we would start bickering. He would comment on my sense of fashion or saying how I will scare the birds away with my glares or how weird I am for a woman or anything else which will make us end up bickering. Like cats and dogs. Like brownies and cakes, if I may add. I mean, people will not really place brownies next to cake because people will get bias and eat just one thing.. Okay let's drop it. Who cares if I'm weird.

"Argh I don't know...." I sighed exasperatedly. "He just really knows how to get on my nerves." 

 

 

My last class for the day had just finished. I was heading to the university gate when someone bumped into me from behind making me stumbled.

"Hey."

I was about to yell at that particular someone when I heard his deep voice. Of course I know who it was, but I still turned around to just make sure.

There he was, smiling with his hands in his pockets.

"You did it on purpose, didn't you?" I send him death glares. He nodded calmly.

"What do you want?" I asked tiredly.

What's wrong with this man? I really want to go home and rest now for God's sake.

"Let's pair up for the project." I looked at Seunghyun's face like he just said, 'I ate a cat.... For lunch.'

"Y-you're j-joking right?" I studied his oh-so-serious face as his eyes were so intense looking into mine, sending  shivers down my spine.

"W-why would I? Why would you?" I asked him again. His face shows like he was thinking something so hard before answering,

"Well let's just say because you're so pitiful and you don't have anyone else who wants to pair up with you?"

I snorted at his answer. There's no need to be so blunt by the way. He's stepping on my pride and I'm not exaggerating.

"Pssh.. Who says?" I raise my chin up as I fold my arms.

"So you already have a partner?" He raised his eyebrow.

"I... Suzy.."

"She's with Min."

".. Ji yong..."

"He's with Seung Ri."

"Yoona.."

" With Tae Yeon."

".. Mia.."

"She's with... Wait who is she?" Seunghyun looked at me weirdly. Okay I just made up a name.

"You're making up a name." He looked at me in amusement as I bit my lip. How come he knows everyone in my class eventhough he just got in a few days ago? Even I myself still don't know everyone though.

"Okay fine. Partner or whatever, let's just do it together." I said giving up as he nodded in satisfaction.

"Let's start now."

"Wait. Whaaat?" He has already grabbed my hand, pulling me somewhere with him.

 

 

"Two Iced coffee espresso." He ordered as soon as we entered the cafe. Yes, the cafe I first met him. 

I eyed himHe always decides everything for me on his own. Like yesterday, when he opened my bills and letters for me. I was so mad that I feel like fainting when he gave me the already opened letters and didn't even say sorry or something. He even commented on how much I used electricity in a month.

 

"I didn't say I want ice coffee though." I said when we sat at the table by the window.

"Then don't." He was about to take back the ice coffee he gave to me when I quickly stopped him.

"No taking back." I said nonchalantly making him chuckled.

 

"So we have to decide on what to buy, what kind of material to use for the miniature, and so on." He said as he started to write something on a paper. I forced my eyes to stay open as I sipped on my ice coffee.

"So I was thinking to make a modern house house and fun one and some kind of.. Are you listening?" He coughed.

"Y-yes yes. I am. Continue." I said blinking my eyes a few time. So then he continued and after a moment, I got his concept. I have to admit that the way he thinks is just so creative. And it's a good thing of course. Creativity is a must, especially in this architecture course.

"I'll work on the portfolio. You settle the miniature. And we do the presentation together." I suggested.

"No. Miniature has a lot of works to do. And for portfolio you have to basically just draw and type something something in the computer. Not fair...." He shook his head. I just looked at him, asking him to continue.

"We'll do everything together."

I sighed hearing his so-called solution. It means that I have to see him every single day until the project is finished.

Later, we went to shop for the materials. He's paying everything first since we can claim from the university after we finished our project.

It was 9 when we reached home. I mean, our own apartment units. 

I was leaning my head on the elevator wall while waiting to reach the 9th floor. My left hand was holding onto the plastic bag filled with the materials we're going to use and my right hand was on the rail, supporting myself. I was so tired.

"Let's start with the miniature first since I have a few designs in my mind." His hoarse voice startled me as I was about to fall asleep in the elevator.

"You mean tonight?" I asked him in disbelief. Why the hell is this man so hardworking? The dateline is like few weeks from now on.

"Nah.. Next year." He answered with sarcasm. I yawned and stretch as we walked out of the elevator.

"So yours or mine?" He asked making me puzzled.

"What?"

"Your house then." He grabbed the key I was holding and unlocked my appartment unit. I shot my eyes wide open.

"Yah! What are you doing?!"

He has already stepped in by then. He looked around my messy appartment. I'm not actually this messy but this morning, I happened to wake up later that I was supposed to so I was basically just throw my PJs and towel around as I search for something to wear. And some papers were scattered on the floor with my cup of coffee lied beside them.

I closed my eyes in embarrassment. He's the first man to step into my house and just whyyyyyyyy it has to be in this shape when he stepped in?

He walked into my living room and stopped in front of my sofa.

"Is this even a sofa?" He muttered as he pushed my sofa with his index finger, testing the softness of my sofa. I rubbed my face.

He looked around and his face shows how-can-you-survive-in-this-kind-of-apartment?

"This can't do. My house then." He threw my key in the air as he passed me and went out. I caught my key and let out a long sigh. In embarrassment and disappointment.

 

 

As soon as I walked into his apartment, my mouth hung open.

 

 

The way he arranged his furnitures make it looks so spacious and I believe his apartment is a little bigger than mine. The furnitures are no joke. He must at least spent around millions won for the furnitures and his house is unbelievably clean. I mean, what kind of namja is this clean? After seing his apartment, I feel like jumping out the window. The embarrassement I was feeling had doubled up by then.

Seunghyun has already sat down on the floor as he took out all the materials we bought just now. He looked at me.

"Ah.. Give me those and you can continue to awe at my apartment for the rest of the night." He pointed at the plastic bag I'm carrying. I blinked my eyes a few times at him before finally getting what he was talking about. I quickly gave him the plastic bag as I sit opposite him, on the floor.

"How much did you spent for all of these?" I asked as I arrange the things on the floor. Seunghyun was sketching the house design on a piece of paper.

"These all? Well... Don't mind. You can't afford it for sure." He answered nonchalantly making me stare a him in disbelief.

"Who says I'm going to buy something like these? I'm just going to marry someone who have these all." I muttered but then I realized that Seunghyun was staring at me. And then I realized what I just said.

"Umm it's a joke." I smiled awkwardly. He shrugged as he continued to sketch. I mentally slap myself for saying something I shouldn't have. He might assumed me as a materialistic woman.

 

After an hour or so, I found myself lying on my stomach on the floor. I was making the base of the miniature while Seunghyun was working on the fake miniature people.

"Look. This one looks like you." He lift one of his 'people' made by plasticine as he smiled inwardly. It was a fat girl with a big face and her legs are very short. It was waaaaaaaaay to different from me!

I snorted at him and he burst into laughters. He's dying out of laughters at his own so-called joke. I reached for the extra plasticine and quickly make a bald fat ahjussi with short hands and lift it by its head to show it to him.

"And this is you. Ommo! You look alike!" I exclaimed making his laughters died on the spot. He snatched the ahjussi, making the head and the body seperated. I gasped.

"Yah.." I said and laughed a bit as his eyes narrowed at me.

We went back to our works once again and after a good long hour which felt like years, I feel my eyelids became heavier. My hands were working at a slow pace, pressing the cottons and all. I yawned and my sight became blurry.

Soon, before I realized, I was in a deep slumber.

 


[A/N]

Here's an update! And I'm so sorry for taking such a long time to update. Drop down your comments and subscribe! 

No silent reader please (:

-Junkayna