First Encounter.

Ice Coffee Espresso Double Shot + Sequel

[YOUR POV]

 

“Iced coffee espresso!”

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the lady from the counter called out. I closed my book and walked to the counter to take my order.

The heavy downpour that turned into light loveable raindrops outside the cafe are about to stop in any time sooner. There were only few customers in the cafe. I guess everyone was busy with their daily routines.

I nodded slightly at her as I grabbed the drink. I was just a few steps from the counter when someone stopped me. I looked up to meet those warm dark brown orbs staring down at me.

 

“Excuse me, I believe this is mine.” His deep voice startled me.

I eyed him up and down as he grabbed the coffee from my hand. Brushing his fingers with mine in the process, sending jolt of electricity all over my body. His voice was hoarse, his height matched perfectly with his beautiful face, his body is quite toned, his brown hair was in a hot messy style that would definitely melts any girl. Including me, JUST IF he wasn't this rude.

“Excuse me?” I raised my voice as I widen my eyes at this beautiful rude creature in front of me.

“What? This is my order.” His eyes were intense studying my face.

Now what? I can’t believe this. Today is sure such a long day.

I got scolded by the lecturer because I came late to class and to add up, I left my assignments (which I stayed up for the whole night to get it finish) on my bedside table and I got extra assignments as punishment and I realized that I've forgotten to bring my umbrella (which I bring every single day eventhough it's not raining) and it was raining heavily right after my class ended and then the cab driver tricked me to pay more for the fare to get me here because he thought that I’m a foreign student and I was just so lazy to argue and ended up paying the amount he insisted for me to pay. And now I have to fight for my own favorite iced coffee espresso? Whew. Sure life is tough.

God, can’t today get any worse?

 

“No.. I believe this is MINE.” I emphasized the word ‘mine’ as I grabbed the coffee back from him. Even if this coffee belongs to him too, can’t a man give in? Plus, I’ve already take the coffee. He can always take the later order.

 His eyes are slightly widen as he cleared his throat.

 “I came here first, so I should get this order FIRST before you. You should learn how to wait, you know.” He smirked beautifully as he took the iced coffee from me again.

Mocking me till the end while I was trying hard holding in the urge to punch his beautiful face right there and then or trying to stop myself from grabbing a fork on the table nearby to start stabbing him in a fast pace.

I let out a smile and chuckled. But turned out the fakeness in my tone and smile are more than intended.

“Aww so you’ve been eyeing me since the moment I came into the cafe?” I tilted my head as I looked at his smirk slowly faded. But he let out another smirk not long after.

“How can I not notice you when you were dragging your lifeless body like a zombie with your messy hair into the empty cafe like you've been dumped by a decent man? Even a blind man can notice your presence.” He snorted at me as I inhaled sharply.

No offense but this man was born naturally with the talent of getting on someone's nerves without much effort. I closed my eyes to calm myself down, ignoring the lady at the counter who’s calling for another iced coffee espresso.

I smiled at him one last time before grabbing back my iced coffee. I sip half of the drink before returning back the iced coffee to him. His eyes widen at my actions.

“You can have both now cause I’m not craving for iced coffee anymore.” I sign to the new iced coffee at the counter and the one in his hand .

“Oh, and you’re welcome.” I said before leaving that beautiful rude creature still speechless inside the cafe.

 

 

“What’s up with me today?” I mumbled to myself as I walked slowly to my apartment.

The rain has stopped a few moments after I walked out of the cafe just now. I was walking and walking when a stupid black lamborghini driven fast beside me and to be more dramatic making the water in the puddle splashed at me in a split of seconds. And sure enough there’s no such thing as a ‘prince’ came out of nowhere suddenly covered me from the water with his own body. Those in the dramas were bull. In real life, I even earned laughs from the passerby. Damn it.

God, when I asked can't my day get any worse just now... It's not a request though.

I closed my eyes for a second. Still shocked with the amount of the sudden water splashed onto my body. My clothes were drenched wet. Nevertheless, I just continue to walk to my apartment though. My clothes are already quite wet from the rain when I first entered the cafe just now. So I guess it's not a big deal if there's a bucket more of water splashed on me. Well, at least that thought is a good attempt to calm myself down.

I feel mad suddenly as I remembered the scene happened earlier in the cafe. If he wanted to attract my attention, he can always just say it to my face, y'know. There’s no need to get on my nerves. I sighed at my own silly assumptions.

 

“That man… Argh.” I groaned as I walked into my apartment building.

To find the ‘OUT OF ORDER’ sign hanged in front of the elevator.

“The hell?” I stared at the sign in disbelief. It was working well this morning!

“Is this bullet camera?” I searched any sign of camera around me but let out a loud sigh when I realized how ridiculous I was being.

I started to drag myself up the stairs as I cursed myself silently for living on the 9th floor.

 

“Oh my God.”  I was panting hard when I reached in front of my apartment. I saw a familiar figure standing near my door with his back facing me. And I thought my heart just stopped when he turned around.

“You again!” I said with a high pitch voice as I pointed at him. He looked shock too but then shrugged it off. Like he just saw some kind of insects and pretend not to be bother by it which in this case, by me!

“How did you know I live here? Did you follow me? Ommo, I know you’ve been eyeing me from the cafe earlier and you even claim my coffee as yours to grab my attention and you even climb the stairs to see me... but ottokae? You’re not my type.” I said in a breath and hope for him to leave my apartment right there and then.

He stared at me with his mouth somehow hung open.

“Whoaa. Your imagination is….. Extravagant.” His voice was deep and he let out a cute smile after. Scratch that. It's a mischievous one.

“Huh?” I was confused. If he did not, why would he threw so much effort climbing up the stairs to stand here in front of my apartment?

He chuckled. “I guess we’ll be seeing each other more often from now on. I just moved in here yesterday.” He said as he pointed to the unit apartment beside mine. I gasped as he laughed heartily.

"And since you have such a great imagination, why don't you write a novel?" He snorted.

I closed my eyes in embarrassment, trying to disappear in the air but failed miserably.

“Oh right. Choi Seunghyun imnida and you're not my type either.” He let out his infamous smirk before opening the door to his apartment and slammed the door shut beside me.

“Oh God…” I let myself fall in front of my door. This is so embarrassing!

 

“Is it bullet camera?” I looked around once again.

 

I quickly stand up as I heard Seunghyun opened his door abruptly.

“You should change your clothes though. I didn’t mean to get you this wet.” He grinned and winked before closing his door again leaving me speechless in front of our apartment units.

 


[AUTHOR'S NOTE]

Hey Guys! So here you go. The story has been in my mind for a while and I was like, "Hey, let's give it a try."

But still, I didn't write it because I didn't have much ideas until this morning when the idea hit me while I was talking to one of my friend. LOL

Thanks for reading! Drop by your comments. Kamsahamnida.

Have a nice day everyone (:

-Junkayna-