Epilogue.

Ice Coffee Espresso Double Shot + Sequel

 

[Seunghyun's POV]

 

"I don't care. You're going to continue with architecture course." My dad gave the newspaper he was reading a good flick.

"Music don't get you anywhere, Seunghyun." He continued.

 

Screw all of these. No one knows me. No one understands me. No one even care about me.

Parents? At some point, I don't know what they are for. Are they just here to pay for your credit cards and told you what to do? Are sons supposed to be like living puppets for them?

My mom didn't say anything. She was just listening to our little father-son 'discussion'. But I know she wanted me to do what I want. Just my dad won't let me to.

"I send you to USA not to make you a singer or whatever you call them." He added. I am so stupid when I thought he wouldn't know if I change my course secretly.

"After your break, go back to USA and finish your course." He finally looked at me from his newspaper.

The end of discussion. It's not even a discussion in the first place.

I walked out of the reading room.

 

"Seunghyun." I heard my mum's voice. I turned around and saw she was catching up with me.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she searched for my eyes. I looked around with a small pout.

"Don't be like this... Listen to your appa, okay?" She tried to persuade me.

"I've been listening to him all these while. Why can't for once, he listens to me?"

"Seunghyun ah."

"I'll be back before dinner."

 

I grabbed my car keys and walked out of the house. I drove off to nowhere.

It was just two years since I last saw Seoul. There's already a lot of changes in the neighborhood and some places. It's good to be here again after for so long.

I pulled up in front of a park. The park I used to play around when I was a kid.

I sat on a bench nearby.

"Seunghyun ah!" I heard someone called me. I turned around and saw a woman running towards a child.

"I've told you not to run!" She helped her son to stand up. 

I smiled when it hit me that I have the same name with her son. No, her son has the same name with me.

The park was full with children running everywhere and playing around. Somehow it felt quiet to me. There's no sound. I was in my own world.

 

"Ouch!" I snapped out of my thoughts when a ball hit my head from behind. I turned around and saw a group of kids pushing each other to come and take the ball. It seems like they were afraid of me.

I stand up and kick the ball to them.

"Chosung hamnida." One of them said and the others just bowed slightly. I nodded and sighed.

I thought I could calm myself down here but I was wrong. There's so many distractions.

I decided to take a walk to the nearest shop to buy some water since I felt thirsty and then maybe walk a little more before driving home.

 

"How much, ahjumma?" I asked the woman at the counter. After paying for the water and chewing gum, I sat at the shop's table outside as I unwrap my chewing gum.

 

"Oppa, why aren't you answering my calls?"

I looked at the table beside me. I'm not usually this busybody type but something caught my attention.

I felt my heart beats so fast. That girl is really pretty eventhough she looked hurt and her face was pale.

"How do you know I'm here?" One of the boy answered coldly. Her boyfriend I guess since she looked so hurt because he ignored her question.

"Yah Ji Min, Just go home. Don't you see we're hanging out?"

So her name is Ji Min. Pretty name. Suits the owner well.

"You're really great. I don't know she'll fall for you..... Aish. You're so easy, Ji Min ah."

Easy?

"I've bet 100 000 won you won't fall for him you know. Aish."

I was taken aback. Now I get it. That boy dates her just to show off to his friends that he can get anyone. They even bet.

I feel a sudden anger in me. How can they treat her like that? Someone they knew? Even me, I don't have the heart to play with her feelings like that eventhough I don't know her and I have nothing to do with her.

 

That girl slowly walked away from them. I quickly stand up from my seat to catch up with her. Not forgetting to throw my chewed gum on the floor beside that jerk.

I was following her all the time and she just can't stop crying. I really wish I can walk beside her and maybe calm her down or do something rather than just following her around. But of course I would scared her a lot. She doesn't know me and I don't know her too. Except for her name, Ji Min.

She must love that boy a lot since she doesn't care all those stares she got and just kept on crying.

We end up in front of a playground. There was no one else. She sat on a swing. I kept my distance from her. In case if she turns around and freak out.

"I thought you love me like I do." Her voice was a bit hoarse because of the non-stop crying just now. I don't know why but it tears my heart apart to see her like this.

"Oppa.. How could you.." She sobbed.

I just looked at her back. I don't even know why I'm doing this in the first place. This is so not me. I have never care about anyone else. Strangers to be exact.

 

After for about 30 minutes, she stood up and went out of the playground. Before I knew it, I was already following her until her place. It was an apartment building.

I was hesitating whether to follow her inside or not. And I just did. The security guard at the gate didn't say anything since he thought I'm with that girl. I followed her until she walked into an elevator. I wanted to come in with her too but I thought that would be creepy. So I just watch the elevator door close from outside and waited to know at which floor does she lives.

The small screen above the elevator door showed 9th floor. I smiled a bit. Today is a good day for me. I met her, I knew her name and I knew where she stays.

Okay I know I'm so creepy but I just can't help it. I've never feel this way before. I've never met someone that I really want to know about this badly. And I just did.

Now there's only one thing left to do.

Approach her.

I turned around to get out from the apartment building when I saw a woman who's getting into the elevator.

"Excuse me, ahjumma. Do you probably know a girl name Ji Min?" I asked politely.

"Ji Min? Do you mean the student, Han Ji Min?" She asked back. I hesitated a bit but just nodded anyway.

"Ji Min who live on the 9th floor." I added.

"Ah yes that Ji Min!.... Why do you ask? Who are you?" She eyed me up and down. I smiled.

"Choi Seunghyun imnida.. Um.. I'm looking for an appartment unit to rent. By any chance, is there any vacancy on the 9th floor?" I tried my luck.

"Oh, are you probably Ji Min's friend from Seoul National University too?.. Yes there's one empty unit. Right beside Ji Min's." She smiled and later on introduced herself as the landlord.

Double lucky. I just can't believe it! Today is the best.

"I'll take it!" I said a little too fast. She chuckled.

"Do you want to take a look first?" She asked.

"Umm... Maybe next time. I have to go now. I'll come again tomorrow. Please save that apartment unit for me, okay?" I excused myself after changing phone numbers with that ahjumma since she said she might need it to discuss about the price and everything.

I walked all the way back to where I first parked my car and drove home. Everything is going very smoothly. I hope the same goes with my parents.

 

Han Ji Min. There's something in her that attracts me.

And I would really want to know what it is.

 

The next day, I went to the living room to discuss about this matter with my dad.

"What do you want to talk about?" My dad started first as he sipped his coffee.

"I want to continue my studies here instead of USA." I searched for my dad's eyes.

"What? But why? You can learn a lot in USA."

"I can learn them in Korea too, appa."

 

"Is it because of girls?" 

I was taken aback by his question. I nodded a bit after a few seconds of thinking.

My mum let out a small gasp.

"Are you kidding me?" My dad asked in disbelief.

"I am not.. Let me tell you something, if you want me to do architecture, then I will do it here." I said sternly, locking my gaze with him.

"Or if you insist for me to stay overseas, let's just say I quit."

My dad widen his eyes a bit and with that, I knew I've succeeded in grabing his attention.

 

My dad finally agreed with me since he knew how serious I was at that time. Since there were so many procedures needed to be handle, my dad told me to finish my short course first before going back to Korea.

And once I've register in SNU, I've no choice other than to repeat my studies, repeat a few years to be exact because I didn't graduate in my previous university. I was in my fourth year and was about to graduate in a year more if I stay but I chose to come back and repeat.

Luck was on my side when I didn't have to repeat from the first year. I can straight away repeat from the third year since my dad knew the university's director and he acknowledged my intelligence after a few discussions.

 

It's better be worth it.

~~~

 

"Are you sure you have to move out?" Omma asked with puppy eyes.

"Yes." I answered for the nth time as I continue to pack for my stuffs.

Ive already told her about the appatment that I want to rent. And she knew the reason why I want to stay in that shabby place too. She already bought all the furnitures for me eventhough I insisted for her not to do anything.

"It's just 15 minutes away. Don't worry, I'm a big boy though." I sighed.

I don't know how omma would react if I got myself married and want to live in my own house. I'm sure she will be crying like crazy and begging for me and my wife to stay with her. Aigoo.

"You should come home for dinner sometimes, okay?" She said.

"Of course." I let out a small smile.

"Bring that girlfriend of yours too." She added.

I choked on my saliva. "W-w-who?" I play dumb.

"Eeeeeyyyy. That Ji Min girl. My daughter in law."

"Ommmmaaaa!" I felt blood rushing to my cheeks as she said that.

"Ommo ommo. Look at you! Aish. I really want to see her so badly."

"Andwae. Not until I ask her out. Arasso?" I looked at her seriously.

"I promise." She said raising her pinky finger up to do our pinky promise. I push her hand away and laughed.

I'm 26 for God's sake.

 

"Aigoo my baby has grown up." She patted my head.

 

I drive to my new apartment house to move my things. I have already take the key yesterday when my mum needs it to move in my furnitures.

I walked past Ji Min's apartment unit. I unlocked my door while checking out Ji Min's house. She must be out since it was so quiet.

I looked around my now fully furnished apartment. Still feel like something is missing though. I quickly opened one of the box that I was carrying and there it was.

I smiled widely as I placed a few bearbricks carefully on the shelf inside my bedroom.

"Hello," I grinned.

 

After rearranging my stuffs, I decide to drive to the cafe nearby. It was raining heavily when I enter the cafe. Such a perfect weather to enjoy my favorite ice coffee.

I took a seat near the window and waited for my order.

That's when I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. There she was. The girl whom I fall in love with in a first sight.

Han Ji Min. She was a bit different from the last I saw her. She looks better..

Well on thing for sure, she moved on.

 

She ordered something and took a seat at a few table from me. My heart was beating fast. I don't know what to do. I want to approach her so badly. Chance like this don't really come up a lot, right?

I was about to stand up to greet her when she opened her book. I guess she don't want to be disturb especially when she was reading. I sit back and watch her every movements.

The way she smiled when she read the book, the way she chuckled, the way her eyebrows would crease when she read the book.....

'Oh my God. I must have fallen hard on her.' 

I facepalmed myself at the thought.

 

"Ice coffee espresso!"

 

 

As if on cue, the things I've never expect, happened to me in my life that changed everything. 

It's true when they say, we never know what fate has in store for us.

Indeed, God has it all planned ;)

 

 


[A/N]

Hey Guys! So yeah. It's finally the end. So sorry for the wait though!

Thanks for reading and subscribe! Comments are much love :D

So now I'm officially on hiatus until the end of this year (: I have a big exam but I am still drafting my new fanficS which I will release on AFF at the end of the year.

So let me give you hints, it's about TOP again :P

Typical bussiness arranged marriage with different stories about a high school student's life.

And another one I had in mind for a while is about married life, where the love has start to fade away and the dreams of a happy marriage starts to scatter.

Curious? Lol, I'll give it my best shot! Please show support *bow*

Till then, 

-Junkayna-