Unfamiliar Feelings.

Ice Coffee Espresso Double Shot + Sequel

[YOUR POV]

 

"Ngggghh~" I stretched as I felt the ray of sunlight on my face. I snuggled into my blanket more to hide my face from the ray. But something was definitely wrong. The smell was unfamiliar. It's a namja scent.

I slowly opened my eyes and my heart almost stopped beating when I saw Seunghyun's lying on his side beside me. His right hand was propped up to support his head.

I blinked a few times to make sure it was just a dream or somewhat my imagination.. Yes, I was so tired from all the working he gave me last night and I end up hallucinating about him.

Eventhough he looks 3D.

 

"Morning, sleepy head." He said in his deep voice with a smug grin.

Okay.

And he can talk.

.

.

.

 

"ARGHHHHHHH!!" I yelled as I grabbed onto my blanket tighter. He quickly sat up and covered his ears.

"What was that for??!!" He yelled back. I stop yelling and looked around.

Okay. I was in his living room. Lying on his comforter with his blanket covering me on the floor. And I'm fully clothed. Check.

He caught me checking under the blanket.

"Pfft. I've told you you're not my type." He said as he stands up.

He's wearing different clothes from last night and there's only one comforter on the floor so I can conclude that I'm the only one who's sleeping out here. And as if he can read my mind, he started to explain.

"You were sleeping so soundly and I don't have the heart to wake you up. So I just move you on a comforter and cover you with my blanket and I would love to sleep beside you but I have never sleep on a floor before and if I carry you into my room, you might end up forcing me to marry you or you might kill me as soon as you woke up. So that's why I've slept in my room and you've slept here...... You're heavy too." He said in a breath and trailed off at the last part.

"And what kind of lady woke up this late?" He continued. "And snored so loudly and drooling everywhere.."

"You're lying." I gasped as I sat up straight on the floor and stared at him in disbelief.

He's lying right? Okay maybe the snoring part was true. MAYBE. MAY. BE. But drooling is just waaaay too much. I can't possibly drool on his comforter right? And what? I'm heavy? He... doesn't need to be this blunt though.

He shrugged.

"What time is it?" My voice was hoarse as my throat was dry. I cleared my throat a few times.

"It's 10:03." He answered as he gave me an amused look at my bedhair. I quickly fixed my hair with my fingers. Oh my God. I shall learn how to stop embarrassing myself in front of him.

"Ah.. If you might want to use my bathroom, go straight and it's on your left." He said awkwardly as he pointed across his kitchen. 

"Or if you want to take a bath, yo--"

"For God's sake my house is just beside yours." I cut him off before standing up and walked past him to the front door, avoiding his gaze in the process because I feel so ashamed of myself. He saw my messy house, heard my snores, know my weight, saw my bedhair. Okay I should just jumped out from my window.

And again as if he could read my mind, he chuckled.

"Please don't kill yourself. We still have a lot of things to do for the project."

"Stop reading my mind!" I burst out making him laughed loudly as I rushed to the door.

"I made breakfast by the way." I heard him yelled when I shut his door. I leaned on his door for a moment. His smug grin earlier flashed in my mind. My heart beats so fast.

Why?

It must be because I've never been so close with any man and must be because I was just surprised. I convinced myself as I shook the thoughts away.

I went inside my house to wash up and prepare for my class. I only have one class today and it's on 11. It's Calculus, the class and the professor whom I dislike the most out of all subjects and professors. Somehow I just need to take it to complete my credits. And he's the one who punished me before because I came late to his class. Well, let's just braced up because history might repeat.

 

It was 11.20 a.m when I entered my class. I bowed to the bald middle-age lecturer in front of me.

"Miss Han, not you again." He sighed. I'm not usually late in other classes. Just I don't know why when it's his class, something might came up.

"Chosung hamnida." I bowed again as I took a seat beside Min Ji. Chaerin doesn't take this class by the way so I always sit beside Min Ji. And when the others want to call us, they will call, "Minjimin." Since our names are kinda similar with each other.

"What happened today? Forgot to set your alarm?" Minji whispered to me after the professor continue with the class.

"Kindaaa~" I don't really know what to answer and basically 'Seunghyun forgot to wake me up earlier because he doesn't know I have a class today' is not a right answer. 

 

After the class ended, I was about to walk out of the class with Min Ji when the professor called me.

"Go first." I said to Minji as she gave me a little nod.

"Yes, professor?" I asked the professor.

"Miss Han, I'm afraid you have to work hard for the upcoming test. Truthfully, I wasn't really satisfy with your marks from the last test."

I bit my lip. Just why the hell I chose to take this subject in the first place? I should have chosen philosophy or something else. Who thought university's calculus is so much more different than high school's math?

"You still have time to work it out. Please work on these and send it to me by Monday." With that, he walked out of the hall. Leaving a stack of papers on the table.

Ahah. I knew it. He was just finding way to punish me. I sighed as I walked out of the hall with the papers in my hand.

I went to the cafeteria to find Minji. She was already sitting with Dara and Bom.

"What's that?" Minji asked as I plopped all the papers on the table.

"Homework?" I answered with an asking tone and they were like  "Whoaa."

"Yooooo." Chaerin greeted us as she took a seat in front of us.

"So early? I thought your class is at 2?" I take a glance at my watch and it's just 1.30 p.m.

"Just wanna eat lunch with you guys." She said and took out a box of pizza from her bag. I chuckled at her. No wonder her bag looked so square. The cafeteria was crowded with students by then since it was lunch time.

"I gave you a call just now to let you know I'm coming earlier but you're not answering." Chaerin said, more likely a question as all of us grabbed a slice of pizza each.

"Oh really?" I thought maybe I put it on silent mode so that's why I didn't notice she called. I put my half-eaten pizza on the box back to look for my handphone in my bag.

"Um.. Ji Min ah." I heard Bom called me.

"Wae unnie?" I looked at her.

Minji, Chaerin and Dara were looking at me too with somewhat a shock face. Chaerin finally pointed to my back. I turned around and saw Seunghyun standing a meter behind me. The girls beside our table too was looking at him. Scratch that. They were awe-ing at him but Seunghyun was just staring at my face blankly.

"You left your phone when you're rushing out of my house this morning." He said as he held my handphone in front of my face. His voice wasn't that loud but since it was so deep, I guess the other people in the cafeteria can hear him too and I'm sure of it because I heard a slight gasp from Bom, Dara, Minji, Chaerin at my table and the girls at the table nearby. Almost immediately I know what they're thinking about.

I stood up as I looked at them with widen eyes. "No-" I was about to explain when Seunghyun cut me off.

"You left without even eating my breakfast.... Aish you should've told me last night that you have a class this morning so that I can wake you up earlier.... ." He said with a slight pout.

Bom dropped her pizza on the table as her jaw dropped in surprise. I could heard murmurs and received death glares from the table beside.

"No no no no unnie no no no. This is not what you think it's like. I swear!" I  quickly said to Bom as I frantically wave my hand in front of them and the others just looked at me with wide eyes that matched mine. And for a couple of seconds I swear I saw a smirk on Seunghyun's face. He's enjoying this for sure. 

I take a glance on Seunghyun, eyeing him to say something to clear the situation. If glares could kill, I swear I was dead as soon as Seunghyun came.

He blinked his eyes at me like he said nothing wrong. Indeed, he says nothing wrong but must he sounds like.... like this?!

"You don't have class after this right?.." He said with a small smile before turning to Bom and the others.

"If you excuse me, I need my girl back." He said sounding so gentleman-like and Minji went 'aww'.

Seriously Minji, what was that for?!

"We should finish what we're doing last night." He said with his husky voice as he stared sweetly in my eyes.

What the hell is he doing?! Must he sounds this ert?!! Screw you, Choi Seunghyun.

The whole people in the cafeteria were paying their attention to us.

I was taken aback and so speechless. Is he taking a revenge on me? Because I didn't eat his so-called breakfast? For God's sake!

But something I have to admit, I was immersed in his eyes. His gaze makes me feel like something I've never feel before. My stomach feels uncomfortable. That unfamiliar feeling visited me again.

"Her papers too.." Minji said suddenly making Seunghyun and I broke our locked eyes. Seunghyun turned to face her.

"Oh these?.." He gathered all my papers and for a second he stared at Bom, Minji, Dara and Chaerin.

"So, if you excuse me?" He said with a sweet smile making Chaerin stutters. "Y-y-yes yes. Sure."

And by then, the whole cafeteria was in chaos as Seunghyun dragged me out by pulling my bag.

"Our Ji Min.... Has grown up, right.." I heard Dara mumbled as they wave at me awkwardly.

 

"Seriously what was that for?!!" I barked at Seunghyun as I pulled back my bag from his grasp at the car park.

"Whoaaa. Chill, woman." He was amused at my outburst .

"They might think we date and even sleep together!" I yelled as I breathed heavily. It was just a week since Seunghyun got in to my university. Of course people will be thinking that it was just a week knowing him and I've already gave him my body. Gaaaah!

"But we DID sleep together though." He said in a matter of fact. Luckily there were just us in the parking lot.

"I DID NOT SLEEP WITH YOU! And you told me that you slept in your room last night!"

"Maybe you should stop yelling and attract other students' attentions." He signed me to look behind. Indeed, there were two or three people who were looking in our direction.

"Why are you being like this? Just because I didn't eat your breakfast this morning?" I asked, my voice was quite lower than before.

He leaned in and I didn't budge to back off. He stopped when his face was just a few centimeters away from mine. 

"Bingo." He said with a smirked as his eyes roamed around my face and stopped on my lips before backing off. I froze on my spot.

"Get in. Let's go home." He said as he unlocked his car and put my stack of papers at the backseat.

"What the hell is this?" He muttered and finally looked at me. I recovered from my froze state as I stared at him.

"If you think this is funny, then let me tell you something.." I walked to him closer and closer making him back off and leaned on his car.

I leaned in, leaving just few centimeters between my face and his. Just like what he did just now but so much more closer that I'm sure he can feel my breath on his lips. His eyes were slightly widen as I looked at his handsome face, pointy nose and my eyes stopped on his lips.

"It. Is. Not. You !" I said as I knocked his head with mine.

"YAH!!" He groaned in pain as he rubbed his forehead. I gave him a glare and head out of the university leaving him still rubbing his forehead.

 

I know he was just joking and messing around. I should be cool and play along with him but I can't. Why?

Because whenever he was being around me, I feel this unfamiliar feeling. Nervous? Why would I? That's what I often ask myself too.

The first time when he started to disturb me after moving beside my house, the unfamiliar feelings started to linger around. When we were fighting or bickering, I get those feelings again. And it just grew and keep on growing after every bickers we had. I would call it hatred. Because I hate him so much. At least that's what I thought. At least that's what I was trying to convince myself with.

But now, I should stop being a chicken. I know it's not hatred that I was feeling for him. Maybe that's why I felt somewhat hurt by his actions earlier. We're not even dating but he made others mistaken us for dating. Or should I say, I really wanted to date him? But the reality was otherwise so that's why I got this disappointed?

And while he thought it was funny, he doesn't know that I've been struggling to convince myself that what I was feeling for him wasn't love. And no matter how much I try to take it easy, I can't and it hurts me whenever he says that I'm not his type.

I don't really care actually what others will think of me as. It was just an excuse. I just don't want him to give me false hopes. Truthfully, I've started to wish to be more than a friend to him. But I kept on denying it. Because I'm not his type. I shouldn't have put the blame on him though for making me like this by yelling and knocking his head with mine just now. Hmm.

 

Okay maybe I was overreacting.

Scratch that.

I AM overreacting.

 

I sighed as I walked myself to a bread store nearby to buy some bread. As an apology to Seunghyun. I shouldn't have knocked him that hard just now. What if he get an amnesia from it?

Okay, that will be hillarious.

After that, I took a cab and head home. Seunghyun's car was in the apartment's parking lot so he is at home. I took an elevator and my grasp on the plastic bag was getting tighter and tighter as I reached the 9th floor.

"Okay how do we do this?" I asked myself.

"Sorry for knocking your head just now. Take this bread and goodbye." I practiced while walking to my house.

"No no. That sounds insincere." I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly.

 

I've finally reached in front of my house and to my surprise, there were my calculus modules on the floor. Right in front of my door with a cup of drink beside it. Immediately I know what's inside since I was familiar with the packaging. It's my favorite ice coffee espresso from the usual cafe.

I picked up the drink and saw a sticky note pasted above it.

 

" Sorry for playing around. I don't know you'll be this offended :(

-Your mean neighbor- "

 

It said. I can't help but to smile like an idiot in front of my door. And my smile got wider and wider as I read his note again and again.