Chapter 8

Pure White Within

Minho walked down that familiar street on his way home. It has been a few days since the encounter with Taemin and Jinki.

Ever since then, the supposed younger boy would occasionally throw glares at him as they passed each other along the hallway. Each glare tore Minho's heart apart piece by piece. Now that he knew his Taemin was still alive, it sets aside the burden in his chest but how they reunited was not what Minho was expecting. Deep down, he knew this was the Taemin he once loved and depended on.. However, at the same time, he was not the same Taemin. His Taemin was gentle and warm, this new guy was just the opposite of what he once knew.  How he missed the times they spent snuggling in his bed staring at the sunset.. The times where he just loved listening to Taemin giggle when he stole kisses from him during those evenings they spent alone together. It was as if they were both just young teenagers crazily in love. But the thing was that they were not.

He was about to enter the gates to his home when suddenly a swirl of dark mist surrounded him and lifted him off the ground. He was slowly getting tired of all this strange substances coming in and out of his life. It may seem magical at first but having them sneak up on you like that isn't exactly pleasant. He struggled to break free, flailing and trying to yell out for help. However as he opened his mouth, the black substance streamed in and his vision started to blur. He was just a few steps away from the front gate but it seemed so out of reach.

"Help..me.." were the last words he managed to force out before everything went dark.

When he woke up what seemed like hours later, he found himself in a well decorated vintage bedroom with velvet armchairs and curtains. As he shifted around, he noticed that he was lying on a big four poster bed under covers of thick cotton and silk. The windows revealed a dark starry sky, like the ones seen in children's story books. Minho was about to shift closer to take a better look when he heard the door open.

"You're awake." He turned around so quickly he heard a crack in his neck. Massaging the spot, he looked around to see a lady around his age holding a metal tray at the door.

"You.." His voice was hoarse from being unconscious.

"I'm Luna, and yes I brought you here. No I'm not kidnapping you. You can say I'm kind of related to Taemin. You are here because you are currently in grave danger and I am responsible of keeping you safe." she said as she walked in and placed the tray on Minho's lap. It was as if she could read what was on his mind.

"Danger? What danger?" He was confused, but he recalled Taemin's last words before he got taken away.

This will protect you.. Briefly but enough to escape whenever they come for you..

His hands moved quickly, fingers reaching for his neck to check if his bottle was still there. To his relief, it was left intact.

"Let's just say that it's because you were so madly in love with that little kid." She smiled, "You're wanted by the whole Guardian community because you stole their beautiful prince's heart and refuse to give it back. Breaking countless others along the way."

"But now.. he.." Minho stuttered, he had no idea what his relationship with the new Taemin was. Taemin seemed to hate him to the very last particle.

"His mind doesn't remember you.. but his heart does, so it's natural for a being like him to build up defences against someone he doesn't know who sends his heart racing at a hundred miles per second.." she sighs, moving towards the windows to close the curtains.

"I do hope he remembers.." as he looks down at his food, he notices a small crest engraved on the plate.

House of Dark

And he realised the crest was engraved in everything in the room, from the headboard to the teaspoon he was given.

"May I know where am I?"

Just then there was a small knock on the door, but Minho could not see who was there because the person seemed to be afraid of stepping into the room.

"Noona I'm hungry.." a voice whined, that voice was so familiar to Minho as the owner used to whine to him about all sorts of things. Things started to form and link in his mind. He was in the House of Dark that Kibum mentioned. Inside it.  And Taemin was living somewhere not so far away.

"Alright, I'm coming. Why have I become the servant of this house? This is unfair!" she grumbled, tugging the curtains one last time. 

She gently patted Minho's face on her way out to make something for the younger, leaving the two of them in an awkward silence.

Taemin shot him the usual glare and was about to leave when Minho called out his name.

"What?" He refused to turn around to face Minho, settling with observing the carvings on the door.

"Let's be friends.." Minho suggested, if he wanted to get Taemin's heart to remember him again, he needed to start as soon as possibe.

"No." The reply came without hesitation. Cold but as expected.

"I'll wait for your answer." Minho was determined, nothing would change his mind on winning back his one true love.

"I gave yo-" his stubborn answer made Taemin turn around in frustration. His reaction gave Minho confidence, atleast he's reacting. It meant that there is something that makes him want to care.

"I'll wait."

"You talk too much, lunatic." And he stalks off in a huff, leaving Minho smiling slightly on the bed with his meal still set out infront of him.

I'll wait.

New chapter :) Have you watched Wonderful day? (or is it Some Wonderful Day? hmm..) It's so cute! I'm so glad they get to do the things that they want to do. Like Taemin's skydiving for example.. absolutely fantastic :D If you haven't watch it, you should! :D

Hope you liked the update! <3