Chapter 11

Pure White Within

Silence. No, the sounding of crackling fire. And.. distant roars. Definitely not a safe place.

Minho woke up to a complete darkness as he finds himself being tied to something that seemed to be hanging him off somewhere. He hears loud crackling of fire but he feels none of the heat.

"Why am I always in strange situations these days?" He was not sure if the place he was in was dark or was it that something was done so he could not see. 
Just as he wanted to call out for help, he heard hasty footsteps coming from a distance, and two men were conversing heatedly.

"Why did you hang him up there? Why did you even bring him to this place?!" Came a deep voice, clearly upset about something and Minho had a feeling that he was talking about him.

"Look at what he did to Taemin! I'm being nice only to hang him here!" The other voice of a slightly higher pitch spoke in an equally upset voice as the other.
The footsteps were getting closer and Minho could hear his heart pounding against his chest. Are they friends? Or foe? Seeing that the other was defending him, they shouldn't be too bad right?

"Really, Yunho? It's not wrong to love!" The man with a deeper voice seemed to have arrived in the same space as Minho.

"Alright alright! I'll let him down!" The other named Yunho sighed exasperatedly and Minho could feel the chains around his arms being loosened as he got lowered to the ground, feeling grateful to be on solid ground again.

"His eyes?"

"Alright! Stop nagging.." Yunho grumbled as he snapped his fingers and Minho could start to see light streaming into his eyes. And he sees them.
Dressed in dark cloaks, two young men around his age stood bef ore him. The shorter of the two had his arms folded across his chest with a smirk on his face while the other smiled warmly.

"Hey! Sorry about that. And that rough abduction earlier.." the taller male reached out.

"I'm Chang Min and this is Yunho. We've brought you here because we wish to seek a favour from you."

A favour? Minho couldn't think of any favours that a mystical creature like Chang Min would ask from him.

"Your Guardian. Or previous Guardian. It's been a long time but we owe our lives to him. Because of his kindness and generosity. Yunho and I were spared of the sentence to the depths of the underworld where few have been to and none ever came back out." Changmin gestured for Minho to follow him as Yunho's face relaxed into a small smile at the thought of how Taemin had pleaded for them before the Elder Guardian, saving their miserable lives.
"We've heard about what had happened and it comes to us as a shock to hear that our benefactor had been reduced to such a state. It hurts us to know that now he's going through enormous pain and misery that he had just barely rescued us from." They arrived in a small dark chamber where a door led further into an even smaller room.

"So you guys are..." They didn't seem to be all that close if they were like Minho and Taemin.

"Oh no no no. We committed a different crime." Chang min chuckled darkly as he lead them on into the room. "It's something that we have taken from them that sent that old guardian into a rampage."

"We discovered this ancient book several decades ago. A book long kept away and forgotten in the darkest chambers of our world, but it was guarded by none other than the Guardians. The pages were faded badly so we never really figured out what its known as. But we do know that this precious discovery can do extraodinary things. Things like bringing back our benefactor." they moved towardsthe entre of the room where there sat a cauldron.

Minho paused in his steps towards the table. Save Taemin. Have they found what Kibum and Jinki have spent ages searching for?

"Why have you brought me here?" He asked.

"Because the key to bringing him back is love. That pure love that many of us creatures cannot provide, because we cannot feel deep enough to search for it. But you're a human, mortal. Your love for our benefactor runs through your veins like your blood. It's what keeps you going. That is what we need." Chang min takes Minho's hands and traced some words onto it. Minho felt a stinging heat against the skin on his chest and he reached up to feel the small bottle almost vibrating in the heat.

"Now that we have told you about this, it's up to you to decide. Naturally, it comes with sacrifices. So you must consider." Sacrifices?

"What sacrifices?"

Yunho, who stood behind then silently all this time, muttered.

"Your life."

My life? But if I die.. i would never be able to see him again.. will I?

"That is what is written on the book. But we cannot guarantee you anything because its the first time in centuries that we use such powerful magic again. There are many things that we do not know of."

"Then how do you know it works? What if it doesn't?" Minho couldn't help but worry. One mistake and he would be gone. Then he would not be able to stay by his angel's side as he goes through these hardships. Let alone reunite with the Taemin he had once known.

"It's the only known way out.." Changmin tapped the surface of the fluid in the cauldron. It glowed bright and Minho felt the bottle pulling against his chain, as if yearning to join the fluid.

"I.."

"You don't have to force yourself to do it. We'll find another way somehow." Yunho placed his hand on Minho's shoulder, reassuring him.

No.. we don't have time.. if whatever happened last night happens again.. he would be gone!

For his love, and he reached into his collar, pulling out the bottle and handing it to Changmin.

"I'll do it."

Waahhh an update! Okay clarifications. This is a story based on 2min's love but it's just that they have very little interaction time... I always feel troubled by how Minho never even gets close to Taemin in this story... Sorry for the lack of updates :( but i hope you guys liked this chapter! Comment and subscribe~! :D