Chapter 14

Pure White Within

His skin emitting a strong white glow, untainted by the densed darkness in the air, purifying every particle in his way. As if taken straight out of an old greek myth, Minho pierces through the air like a white arrow, heading straight towards the mansion.

His commoner attire had been replaced by iron chestplates underlined with white robes. An iron helmet framed his face as he kicks back against the air, using the force to propell himself forward. His fingers gripped tightly onto a white spear that acts as the arrow head in his pathway through the air.

Changmin, who was armed with his staff, and Yunho in his full armor were right on his heels, determined to annihilate anything that stands in Minho's way. 

Sensing a presence heading in his direction, Taemin turned, only to be met with such bright light that it almost blinded his eyes. The darkness emitted from his skin was consumed by the white light, causing it to burn.

The boy cried out in pain as his body shied away from the light. The monster inside him protested violently and the boy let out a giant roar before turning back towards Minho. His eyes filled with hatred and anger.

"What we need to defeat the monster in Taemin is Light. Things that you don't, and will never find in this side of the world as the Guardians of Light and their subordinates would not be able to survive in this environment. So, what we need to do is to CREATE a light creature here. Since the light creature is born within this environment, he will be able to adapt to the enviroment before his body gets rejected and eliminated." Chang min explained as he was mixing the contents in the cauldron.

"How do we do that?" Minho questioned, some how knowing where the conversation is heading.

"We will turn you into a creature of Great Light, here in this side of the world."

"I will bring you back." Minho thought as he gave another strong kick into the air and burst forward.

Taemin pulled back his arms as dark fumes began to gather on his hands, forming large spheres that crackled with electricity. Stretching them out before him, he clapped his hands together, forcing the spheres to disappear before directing his palms out at the bright light heading in his direction.

"Minho!" Yunho called out as both he and Changmin diverted their courses to avoided the full blow of the seemingly fatal attack. However, Minho showed no signs of diverting his course. He gave yet another kick into the air, driving himself faster towards the younger.

Taemin's lips twisted into a smirk as he charged the combined sphere in his hands, taking aim. Minho's eyes are locked upon the younger's with unwavering determination.

Taemin let out yet another loud cry as he released the energy compressed in his hands at the man charging straight in his direction. Minho gripped onto his spear tighter as he braced himself fo the impact.

"Minho!!" both Yunho and Changmin cried out.

The bright light collided with the dark force, Minho gritted his teeth as he pushed forward. The light spear pierced into the dark force, opening a path of light just a little into the dark force. Taemin's smirk faltered as his hands were slowly pushed back by the white light. Taking a deep breath, Minho gave one hard push and the dark force dissipated around him as he advanced forward. As he closed in on the younger, who was caught off guard, he dropped his spear and reached out his hands. Taemin backed away but his face was caught by Minho's big gentle hands and he was pulled into the tight kiss.

It was as if the curse that Jinki place on Taemin had occured all over again, but this time, in reverse, 

His lips faded from blood red to pale pink.

The black roots of his dirty blonde hair bleached to the colour of sand.

His skin began to glow and warmth returned.

As the last of his black roots turned sandy blonde, Minho release his grip on Taemin and they looked into each other's eyes. Minho was glad to see the soft brown that belonged to his beloved angel.

"Min..ho.." Taemin's eyes began to water at the sight of his dearest mortal, the one he held dearly to his heart ever since the first day he saw him.

"Yes. It's me, Taemin. It's going to be okay. I'm here." Minho smiled and reached his right hand up to touch the younger's face.

Wait. But the last part of his transformation did not seem to have been completed.

At that moment, Taemin's teary face contorted into one of fear.

"No. Get away! I-" he let out a piercing scream as he throws his head back. Darkness began to converge onto Taemin's chest, he pushed Minho away as hard as he could before a great dark crack formed on his chest. A skeletal hand reached out from the crack, slowly and entire arm. An immense roar was heard as a giant black skeleton in dark grey armor emerged from the crack, leaving behind a pale Taemin unconscious in midair.

"Oh my." Yunho led out a small gasp as he turned to see Chang min just as horrified.

"Incredible.. the monster from the curse is fed by the life force of its host.. to have grown this big and powerful.." Chang min was amazed by the power stored within that frail body of the son of the Elder Guardian, none of the previous cases have produced such a monster.

"Chang min! Do something!" Yunho shouted as he watched the monster light up the dark forest surrounding him and let it roar in flames. Minho was heading towards Taemin, who was falling straight towards concrete ground.

"Right. I'm going." Chang min sped forwards as a book began to form in his hands, muttering spells under his breath. Clouds began to form above the skeleton, buzzing with energy as a blow of lightning ran straight through its spine. Yunho followed close behind, brandishing his sword.

"What have we gotten ourselves into?!"

*Dramatic music* Hello people! I just finished my mid year exams today! It was horrible.. but it's okay! I'm here now :D Oh no a new problem has arised! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! More battles to come in the next! If you like the story, do comment and subscribe to join us on the journey of light and darkness! :)