Chapter 15

Pure White Within

“Argh! Changmin, could you hurry up?!” Yunho cried out as once again the skeleton threw him off with a simple swipe.

Chang Min dodged yet another strike by the skeleton, which Changmin called 'the Parasite' as he sped across the grass, muttering spells under his breath. A bright blue glow was left behind with every step that he took. His staff was glowing with the same blue light and he took a deep breath as he stabbed the ground with the end of it, sending blasts of electricity across the grass. A loud bang was heard followed by a roar and the Parasite fell onto one knee. Yunho took the chance and jumped back on using its knee. He plunged his sword into the space between the metal plates of the Parasite’s armor and dragged it on his way up.

"Raah!" Yunho roared as he pulled his sword out of the Parasite's leg, letting it stumble as the cut weakens its leg. He then runs further up, leaping and dodging swings from the Parasite. With another leap, he raises his sword and stabs the monster in its eye.

"Aha!" Yunho laughs as the Parasite roared in pain and grabs at its face. Yunho pulled his sword out and fell backwards towards the ground, landing on one of the clouds that Changmin had conjured before for his convenience.

“Taemin…” Minho floated in mid-air, his fingertips edging towards the dark glass-like sphere that enclosed around Taemin, keeping the younger boy unconscious. Dark energy continued to flow out from his chest and towards the Parasite. Just as Minho’s fingers were about to touch the sphere, a loud ‘ping’ was heard and he was sent flying miles away. He was barely able to keep himself from being thrown off the premise. He gripped onto his spear tightly and pointed in the direction of the sphere. Bright light gathered at his feet. Like a pair of spring boots, Minho stomped against the air behind him and that sent him propelling towards the sphere. As the tip of his spear approached the sphere, a loud ringing noise could be heard. His spear vibrated in protest but he gripped it harder, forcing it to collide directly into the side of the sphere. A loud ‘ping’ was heard again and he was sent off into the distance. He turned back to see that there was barely a dent in the side of the sphere. No. There must be a way. And he pointed his spear at the sphere again.

Changmin sped past the Parasite’s feet as he reached the edge of the circle he drew around the Parasite earlier. He turned 180 degrees and called out some spell words into the dark sky before plunging his staff into the ground where he stood. A humongous roar was heard as lightning came crashing down from the dark clouds above, right through the Parasite’s helmet. Yunho had jumped off its armor just in time to avoid being fried.

“Warning please!” Yunho yelled as he fell through the air. The clouds that have gathered had begun to rain and it did not help their situation much.

The Parasite was weakened further by Changmin’s spell, but that was clearly not enough to bring it down. In its position with one knee on the ground, the Parasite placed its palm flat on the surface and gave a hard push. The ground beneath them trembled and cracked. Yunho leaped onto the Parasite’s feet to avoid falling into the giant cracks forming around them. Then it raised its head and stood up. Just as human sized skeleton soldiers crawled out of the cracks. Hundreds of them.

Changmin sighed and pointed his staff into the sky, muttering spells. A stream of crystal-like arrows shot out from the tip of his staff into the air. As they land and pierce through the armor of the soldiers, ice forms and they crystallize on the spot. Yunho runs past these soldiers, sword at his side, and shatters them. Things appear to be going well, until the arrows stop and Yunho turned to see Changmin in the giant hands of the Parasite, struggling to break free. The Parasite tightens his grip and Changmin’s staff falls from his grasp. He was suffocating.

“Chang-“ Jet of white light came from the edge of the forest. As if dissolving the dark material, the white light drilled a hole through the centre of the Parasite’s body. A roar was heard as the Parasite let go of its grip on Changmin and reached for its abdomen.

A ruffle of feathers was heard as Kibum landed on the ground with Changmin in his arms. Yunho nodded at him before swinging his sword around to chop of several skeleton skulls.

Kibum placed his hands on Changmin’s chest and closed his eyes. His chest glowed yellow and in a second, he jumped up, panting.

“You ready to go again?” Kibum handed him his staff.

“Yes, definitely.” Changmin stood up and pointed his palms at the Parasite as Kibum took flight.

The Parasite roared and stood back up, his hand leaving his abdomen to reveal that the hole Kibum made was no longer there. Changmin narrowed his eyes. It regenerates. And his eyes landed on the stream of dark material coming from a sphere that Minho was furiously attacking since the battle began. Taemin must be in there. It takes life energy from him and turns it into its own power. As long as Taemin is there, it will never be taken down. Until it uses up his life energy..

“Kibum, could you keep it busy? We need to take care of its source first.” Kibum stared at him wide eyed, but the determination in Changmin eyes told him he knew what he was doing. Kibum nodded as he lifted himself higher up into the air.

 

 

Hello people! I am back! Okay erm an update a year is really.. (I can't seem to change the colour of my fonts but I want to get this chapter out as quickly as possible so I didn't change my comments font colour) I am so sorry about taking so long when some of you are actually still here and waiting for an update. I had some technical issues the last time I tried to update and I have been too busy since. (These all just sound like excuses tbh) I am currently working on the next chapter and it will be up really soon. (I am serious about this) I hope you enjoy this chapter! :) Do leave comments and feedback on how I can do better in the story! :)