Chapter 13

Pure White Within

Back in the Mansion, darkness loomed over the bed where Taemin lie asleep. He tossed and turned, groaning for someone to come and ease the pain. Everyone else was out, except for Luna who stayed to look after the mansion. The last time she checked on him was an hour ago while he still seemed fine before she went off to tend to the young creatures in the back garden. Perspiration rolled down the sides of his face as his hands grabbed the sheets tightly, struggling with what lies in his body.

"Argh.." He tried to put up a fight against this monster inside him. He knows that he must not give up or else others will get hurt. He must not give up or else the ones he loves will get hurt.

"No.." but he was getting weaker and weaker. It hurts so much, he could barely breathe. Someone, anyone, please help.

At the last moment, it felt as if something sharp pierced through his mind. He opened his eyes and took one last look at the ceiling before everything went black.

Luna sat in the garden, feeding some of the young goblins who have lost their mother during the battle not long ago. Just as she finished up and was about to return to the Mansion, a loud bang came from the second floor.

"Taemin!" She shouted as she recognised the window from the younger one's room.

The goblins crouched in an offensive stance, as if wary of the cause of the explosion. Their actions scared Luna because they would only be like this when they sense something very dangerous approaching.

She wanted to hurry back to the mansion to check on Taemin but it was too late. She was lifted off her feet by a strange force that came from behind her. The goblins were spitting and snarling at the source of this power, trying to save the one that cared for them.
It felt as if someone wrapped a rope around her and pulled it tight. With each of her attempts to break free, the rope only got tighter.
"Taemin.. Is that you?" She choked.

The only reply was a loud roar.

"Jinki, i have a very very bad feeling that something has happened." Kibum said as they passed through the Dark Forest again.

"I've been gone for too long. He might be in danger." Jinki gritted his teeth, for the first time in his life, he wished and hoped that Taemin was alright.
"Jinki!" Kibum tugged at his cloak, pointing at the creatures perched on the tree. Jinki's worries were confirmed as he sees the creatures spitting and snarling in the direction of the mansion, some of them even starting to scatter away from something he did not know of.

"I'll move ahead first, you catch up as fast as you can, alright?" Jinki flew ahead, darting past little black boars and purple wolves who are scurrying away in the opposite direction.

When he finally reached the end of the dark forest which led to the back gate of his mansion, he could barely believe what he had seen.

Half the mansion crumbled into pieces right before his eyes as the rest of it continued to burn in purplish-black flames. the part that had crumbled had been where Taemin's room ad been. Jinki hurried across the back yard, patches of it blown up and in flames. Just as he stepped past two particularly ferocious flames, he spotted a figure in a distance.

"Luna!" He rushed forward when he saw her lying flat on the ground, severe cuts and burns marked her skin, proof that she put up a great fight.

"It's.. Taemin.." she choked and coughed out more blood. "You.. need to stop him.." she gasped out finally before passing out.

Just then, he heard a loud scream from where he came from.

"Kibum!" He called out as he sees the figure in white head in his direction. Behind the white figure was none other than his dearest nephew, Taemin.
Kibum was floating several feet above the ground with his head drooping onto one side and he had clearly been knocked unconscious.

"Taemin! Can you hear me? You know you can fight back! It is not over yet!" Jinki tried to approach younger boy, but only to be thrown backwards by a simple swipe of the younger's arm.

A laugh was the only reply as the boy discarded Kibum to the side and moved towards Jinki.

Jinki, who had been thrown back into the rubble from the collapsed mansion, struggled to get back up, blood leaking from his lips. He reached out and grabbed his staff out of thin air, casting a beam that threw Taemin off just as the boy was about to reach for him. He was thrown back against a tall tree, causing the tree to fall from the impact. An upset growl came from where he had landed and within seconds, Jinki found himself crushed into the ground by a huge force. His staff conjured a force field to absorb the damage yet he still coughed up several mouths of blood.

The angered look on Taemin's face as he punched down onto the force field with his fist told Jinki that his nephew has lost control of his own mind and his actions were directed only by the monster.

Jinki groaned as he pushed Taemin back again and staggered back onto his feet. He must call out to Taemin, he needs to wake the boy up to fight the monster in him. He took a step forward but his vision became blurry, the force field and the punch must have taken a great deal of his strength. He looked forward to where he assumed Taemin had been thrown towards but the boy was not there.

"Tae... ugh!" His eyes widened as he felt something sharp pierce into his back. He looked down to see the sharp tip of a blade stick out the front of his body. A low breath hit the back of his neck and Jinki knew at once who it was. Black venomous vapour oozed out of the black metal and seeped into Jinki's skin, burning as Taemin gave a hard push, driving the sword to its hilt.

At that moment, all the memories they shared for the past months flashed past in Jinki's mind. Their hugs, kisses and intimate moments. Their laughs and arguments. Who will remember them, now that both of then are about to perish, destroyed by the darkness that was once known to be Jinki's most powerful weapon?

With a horrible squelching noise, Taemin withdrew the sword and let Jinki's body crumble onto the ground.

"No.. I can't die yet. Taemin.." he choked as he reaches over the wound, trying to heal it. It does not work. The venomous vapour prevented his tissues from regenerating and blood continued to flow out. He tried to stand up, but he couldn't. He tried to pull himself forward but his arms gave out. A tear rolled down his face as he thought how useless he was, not being able to save the one he loves despite being the ruler of the Dark world. Just as he drew his painful last breath, he saw a bright light in the distance.

CLIFFHANGER!! Hello! Okay it's been like a YEAR.. So much for uploading soon HammieTaem.. Sorry guys! I don't want to make excuses saying oh i have been busy and all that because that would just be.. EXCUSES! So I shall just present you guys with this chapter, I'm really sorry for those that actually waited for this. And also special thanks to MyMinnieHo and all those that follow this story, if you are still here, thank you for being so patient. Here's my update! Let us dwell in the torn love between 2min and ontae!! :>