Chapter 6

Pure White Within

"Tae--" The boy took one look at Minho, smirked and walked away.

'Taemin? Was that really the Taemin he knew? Or is he just someone who looks like Taemin named Taemin as well? That seems impossible..'

"Minho? Yah Minho! You're doing it again!" Jonghyun pushed him so hard he nearly knocked the guy beside him into his own locker. 

"What?!" Minho hissed, rubbing his shoulder as he apologised to the poor boy who was picking up the books that fell onto the floor from the impact.

"You're staring into space again!" What's with you these days? You've been like this for quite awhile and it's strange!" Jonghyun asked as they stepped into the class and for a moment, Minho questioned himself if they walked into the right class because there he was, as if he shouldn't have expected his encounter withe the boy to end just back there along the corridor. Taemin sat right at the spot where Minho always sat during that particular lesson, reading some text that Minho could not see. It wasn't a particularly comfortable seat, or was it special in anyway that everyone would want to sit there. It was just a seat that Minho likes and he had been sitting there since he started attending this class 2 years ago. Apparently the new kid thinks otherwise.

"Hey, erm... You're sitting in my seat." Minho approached him, nervous yet not sure if his guesses were right.

"Your seat?" Taemin looked up from his book, letting his eyes roam across the other's body as if he was contemplating if he should just give this seat up to this not-so-bad-looking male.

"I heard from the teacher that it's free seating." Guess not.

Minho could not answer, it was true that the teacher never gave them specific seats, but everyone in the class had their favourite seats in the vast lecture room with barely thirty students each lesson, a different seat wouldn't feel the same.

"Minho-ssi, could you please sit down, i want to start the lesson soon" their lecturer entered the class with notes and a laptop in her arms.

Not wanting to cause trouble over the dumb seat, Minho took the seat on Jonghyun's, who supposedly sat on his left, other side. His teeth clenched when a small snigger was heard from the new boy.

~ ~ ~

Taemin clutched his fist the moment his snigger died out. His heart was aching. The skull mark on his neck throbbed. It all started from the moment this tall handsome young man walked in. It was unfamiliar, yet there was a sense of strong familiarity coming from the man. It didn't feel nice and Taemin disliked that feeling.

As the lesson went on, the throbbing pain kept him from concentrating on the lesson and he couldn't answer the questions the lecturer asked him, it was frustrating, not knowing what caused all this. He felt as if all this had something to do with that man. It upsets him. He upsets him. And something should be done about that.

~ ~ ~

The sky was a vivid shade of blue, specked with little clouds drifting across. Minho lay on the rooftop, thinking. He refused to believe that the new kid was Taemin, his Taemin. His Taemin was sweet and adorable, angel-like. The new boy was most definitely none of the above. But whenever the boy was around, Taemin's bottle would freeze up and that heartbeat had always been present since their first encounter. Could this be the change that Kibum mentioned? How Taemin was not the Taemin he knew anymore?

Minho realised he had been asking himself many questions lately, simply speaking to himself in his mind. Spacing out in class, even when he was walking! That, to Minho, was unacceptable. He needed ways to get himself to focus more on his daily life. Despite how much he wanted to find out about what happened to his beloved Taemin.

"So.. I believe you are the famous Minho-oppa they talk about?" a voice came from the door that led back into the school buildings. Minho turned in his position to see who it was, only to find Taemin standing by that door, arms folded across his chest as he stood leaning against the door frame.

"They all said you're so nice and gentle.. So handsome.." He smiled as he stepped forward, away from the door. Every word sounded threatening.

"But, some people told me that.. You're not exactly all that great.." Taemin now stood right before Minho, leaning down towards him and whispered into his ear. It was as if he was testing the waters, if it were to be too dangerous to make a move, he would leave. Leaning back, Minho caught his gaze and he stared intently into the other's eyes. He saw a sea of grey but within its depths, he notices the warm brown trapped within it, as if it was begging to be released.

Taemin seemed uncomfortable under Minho's gaze, he didn't like the way his heart started to ache the moment they looked at each other. So before Minho could dodge it, Taemin pushed him all the way back against the edge o the roof, with his head hanging out of the edge.

"Don't look at me like that! Who do you think you are? It's rude to stare." Taemin shouted as his hand kept a firm grip around Minho's neck.

There seemed to be no resistance coming from the other man and it frustrated Taemin as usually people would fight back. Minho just lay limp under his grip with no sign of wanting to get up.

"Aren't you going to fight back? You don't look weak." he pressed hard against Minho's neck, urging the other to make a move.

"I won't..." the other choked. "Taemin.. Don't you remember me? What happened to you? Why are you like this, my love?"

Taemin's expression changed at the way Minho called him. The mark on his neck seared in pain and he winced, trying to keep his voice straight.

"I don't understand what you are talking about--"  Minho took the chance to wrap his arms around Taemin's waist, pulling him into a hug and it made the mark burn mercilessly at the affection. The pain caused Taemin to let out a cry as he collapsed to the floor, pushing Minho away from him.

"Taemin! Are you alright?"

"Don't touch him." Another voice came from behind them and Minho turned to see the Shadow standing at the door in a black and red suit.

"You! What did you do to him?" 

"He has broken the law his own father set to keep their lives safe." Jinki moved slowly towards them. Minho reached down and attempted to wrap his arms around Taemin protectively, but Jinki reacted quickly, bringing Taemin over into his arms with a small gesture of his fingers. He smiled bitterly and reached out, letting Taemin's frail figure rest in his arms. He kissed the mark on Taemin's neck, his hair soothingly, whispering:

"Shh.. It's okay, it's alright.." The pain seemed to have stopped when Jinki's lips came in contact with the mark as Taemin stopped trembling at that moment. Jinki sighed and glared at Minho, who was watching them from his position by the edge of the roof.

"He won't love you anymore. Please leave him alone." and they were gone.

"Well that was unexpected.." Minho was getting frustrated at how people keep appearing without a sound, it nearly gave him a heart attack. He turned again to find Kibum settling down be side him, wings glowing in the sun.

"I never thought jinki would actually care for anyone like that.. Let alone Taemin.." he thought out loud.

"Why not?"

"He despises the light the Guardians emit.. It's what casts a shadow in his days, making him one himself... And I believe he had some relations with Taemin's father.." 

"What do we do? How do we save Tae--" Minho tried to ask.

"We'll find a way.."

~~

Hmm I'm not exactly impressed with today's update but I hope you guys enjoyed it nonetheless.. Thank you so much for supporting and the encouraging comments ! :D

Have you guys watched BoA's Disturbance MV? It's so beautiful yet sad!! Our Taemin is all grown up and he looks so mature in the MV! XD Love the song too! Go listen to it and do support BoA's new single! :)