Chapter 16

Pure White Within

Minho was yet again thrown out towards the forest. Argh, why is it not working? Just as he was about to start again, he sees Changmin surfing towards him on a piece of cloud. Changmin closes in on the sphere and placed his hands on the sphere. It did not reject him. Probably because he was also a creature of the darkness. He raised his staff and muttered a few spell words before touching the surface of sphere lightly with it. Waves travelled around the sphere but there was barely any observable reaction from where Minho was standing. Then Changmin came towards him.

“Spin.” He said.

“What?”

“Spiral towards it. Did you try that?” Changmin looked back toward the sphere.

“But that is a lot more difficult to control. I might hit Taemin if it went through.” Minho looked at his spear.

‘I’ll help you. Go.” Changmin backed away as Minho positioned himself again. He first began the spin with a twist of his abdomen and a hard kick sent him flying through the air. As he approached the sphere, a dark stream joined him and formed an arrowhead shape starting at the tip of his sphere. As he collided with the sphere, there was no loud ‘ping’, but a grinding sound as the dark tip fought to penetrate the surface of the sphere. The dark arrow was wearing out but Minho pushed on and just as it wore out, the outer layer of the sphere shattered and his spear collided with the inner layer. An even stronger force was pushing him out but this time it was not explosive like the outer layer. It was unable to reject his light as the darkness was mixed with Taemin’s innate powers.

“Gaah!” Minho cried out as he pushed his spear against the sphere. Changmin raised his staff and sent jets of blue light at the sphere, weakening it as Minho forces his way in. Minho kicked heard against the air behind him and broke through the inner layer. The impact caused the entire inner shield to be torn into pieces and both Taemin and Minho began to fall from several hundred feet in the air.

Minho grabbed hold of Taemin as the fell head first to the ground, but they landed on a piece of cloud safely and Changmin approached them.

Minho looked at Taemin’s face. He was pale and felt very cold.

“No, come on Taemin, get up.” Minho shook him gently.

The dark stream was not cut off but taking Taemin out of the sphere. It continued to supply life energy to the Parasite, taking away energy from Taemin.

“Minho, we need to stop the supply.” Changmin placed his hand on Minho’s shoulders.

“What? How? It’s…” Minho placed his hand close to Taemin’s chest.

“The last thing that hasn’t changed back is his wings.” Changmin reached for Taemin’s back. “It shows that that is the source of where the Parasite’s power comes from.”

“Then…”

“We need to change it back for him.” Changmin took a step back.

“Wait wh-“ Minho was still confused but Taemin was lifted out of his arms by blue light and raised into the air. Changmin turned Taemin around and pressed the handle of his staff on Taemin’s back.

A loud scream was heard as Taemin’s bat-like wings stretched out from the blades of his shoulders. His body writhed in pain as his body was forced to change against its will. There were too many energy fighting to dominate in his body that he was struggling to withstand the pain.

“There has to be another way! It’s hurting him!” Minho cried out as he watched Taemin scream in pain.

Changmin bit his lip. He did not want to do this. It is not part of what he does. But he needs to save him. He needs to save everyone. “No. This is the only way.” And he pushed his staff, sending blue light into Taemin’s back.

Taemin let out the loudest scream yet, veins popping in his temple as the tough leather on his wings shed to give way to feathers. The dark energy shed with the leather and the feathers grow out like fur. “Minho I need you to give him light. I am not like you. I have only so much to give.” Changmin called out as beads of perspiration dripped down the side of his face.

Minho took one last look at Taemin’s crying face before he placed his hand onto Changmin’s staff. White light glowed brighter as the feathers were full regenerated on Taemin’s back. The darkness in his chest was consumed by white light and the crack was slowly sealed shut, cutting off the supply of life energy to the Parasite.

Changmin took his staff off Taemin’s back and Taemin lands in Minho’s arms. The Parasite gave a loud roar in the distance and swung its fist randomly in the air. This sends an unaware Kibum crashing to the ground.

"Time to end this once and for all." 

 

 

Yay another chapter after my dinner hohoho. Fighting that giant skeleton bad guy! Bring it down people!