Chapter 10

Pure White Within

Minho watched in pain as Taemin squirmed and twisted in his bed, as if he was having a very bad nightmare. The occasionally loud cries he would make tugged at Minho's heart, causing it to ache painfully. He was near tears as he curled up in a armchair in the corner of the room. There was nothing he could do to help and it was tearing him apart. How he wished he could wrap his arms around the younger and whisper into his ear to comfort him. How he wish he could just take away the pain.

He didn't mean to eavesdrop but after Jinki had placed Taemin onto the bed, he stood be the door with Kibum and they were talking about what happened the night before. Something about an arrow injecting a monster into his body and he was barely able to keep it under control due to his weakened state. The reason why they returned like this was because Jinki had to force the monster into the depths of Taemin's heart so as to keep the boy alive. It took a lot of effort but it would not be able to last long. It would be extremely painful for Taemin as the monster would try to force its way out again and the next time it happens, there would be a high chance that the boy would not survive.

Just as Minho stayed curled on the armchair thinking about what he had heard, Kibum entered the room with Jinki behind him looking awfully pale. Minho gave them a tiny wave but a heartbreaking cry caused him to flinch and his eyes darted towards the figure twisting on the bed. Minho stood up but Jinki got there first and wrapped his arms around the boy, pulling him to his chest.

"Can i.. erm.. you must be exhausted.. why don't i-" Minho offered as he stepped forward.

"It's alright.. thank you but.. he needs me.." Jinki sighed as he kissed the younger's forehead.

"Oh.. yeah right okay.."

Minho curled back onto the hair as Jinki gently rubbed Taemin's back and whispered into his ear. How he wished he could do that. He would never let go if he could. Never.

Key watched as Minho sulked in his corner and frowned lightly. Another bloodcurdling scream popped his little bubble of peace. Taemin was clutching onto Jinki's robes and breathing heavily. Jink shifted into a more comfortable position and wrapped his arms tighter around the poor boy, nuzzling the soft blond hair and whispering "It's okay. I'm here. It will go away.." As he gently the boy's back, Jinki closed his eyes in exhaustion and laid back against the headboard.

"Are you alright, Jinki? You should rest." Kibum offered eagerly.

"I'm fine." he sighed again just as Taemin let out a small whine. "Hyung.."

Minho sat up straight at that small sound and they all stared at the boy, a mixture of worry and relief displayed on their faces.

Taemin opened his eyes slowly and groaned "Water.."

"I'll get it!" Minho offered with a weak smile and hurried out of the room.

How Minho wish he could be the one holding Taemin close to him and whispering comforting words into his ear. He entered the kitchen and took a glass from the counter. He used to do that all the time, the cuddling. He would be sitting on his bed with Taemin lying peacefully in his arms, listening to each other breathe as if it was the best piece of music ever composed.

He tipped the jug of water and poured some water into the glass.

Thinking back about their first kiss. He couldn't help but blush lightly. How happy he was back then to find out that the love he had for Taemin was being returned. He was smiling to himself just as he noticed a strange stretch of shadow wrap itself around his body. Having spent several months in this household, he understood that anything that looked or sounded abnormal could be life-threateningly dangerous. Just as he was about to escape, the shadow tugged at his waist and he was yanked backwards onto the floor.

He tried to yell but he couldn't. The shadow seemed to have sealed his lips. The glass he was holding fell to the floor and shattered as he was pulled into a dark hole.

"Minho? Are you alright?" came Kibum's voice from the staircase. Minho grabbed onto the cupboard to try to save himself but the shadows streamed over his eyes and he out.

~ ~ ~

"Minho's gone." Kibum exclaimed as he landed on his feet by the door.

"What? What are you talking about? He just went to get a glass of water." Jinki looked up, thinking that it was just one of Kibum's jokes.

"And that glass of water is left shattered on the floor with no sign of him anywhere." Jinki jumped up from his position on the bed beside Taemin.

"But it can't be! The Elder Guardian wouldn't!" He was trying to comprehend the situation. How could anyone, or anything, get into the House of Dark without him knowing? It's outrageous! It couldn't be that Minho ran away, could it? He had no reason to do that when Taemin is here.

He knew the Elder Guardian would not make another attempt to take Minho when he understands the danger he's putting his own son in. Who could it be?
"Did you see or hear anything suspicious when you were downstairs?" He asked Kibum, who was pacing the room.

"No.. but there was a wisp of dark smoke that escaped from the kitchen. I didnt think much of it as I see them pretty often here.."

Wisp of dark smoke.. They couldn't have gone far.

"We need to find him." Jinki storms out of the room, as if ready to pounce on anyone in his path.

"Of course we need to find him, what is he talking about?!" Kibum snorted as he flew after him.

"Nnn.." Taemin groaned as he shifted in the bed, his discomfort has clearly returned after Jinki left his side.

"Minho.."

I am so so so sorry, my dear readers. I am so terrible for not updating for SO long. I do intend to finish this story and i really hope you guys could stay around and join me till the end. I have apologse for the lack of 2min moments in the story but there really wouldn't be much of it. >< Though for readers who enjoy 2min sweet and adorable fluffy moments, i would recommend my next story which I plan to post after the Pure White Within has finished. (Muahaha) So.. Do look out for it! :D And for any confusion, I think it would be because of the chapter where Taemin just let loose and became a monster, the first part is the description of what happened the next morning while the 2nd half is actually a flashback so.. if any enquiries, do comment and i will try my best to explain my strange imaginaton to you guys :)