Chapter 17

Pure White Within

Minho gently placed the unconscious Taemin behind some debris to keep him away from harm before he leaped into the air to catch up with Changmin who sped ahead on his cloud to help Kibum.

“Is he alright?” Kibum asked as he pulled himself out of the ground when Changmin reached him.

“Yes he is fine. Are you alright?” Changmin reached out to pull him up.

“That’s good. I’m fine.” Kibum spread his wings wide as he stood back up. “Now we can focus on this… thing.” He raised he palms before him and braced himself by stretching his wings out behind him.

“I think you should stand a little further away, my friend.” Kibum muttered as white light charge up in front of his palms. Changmin sped away to help out. As the force of the white light begins to push his backwards, Kibum’s wings began to move, functioning as a booster to keep him in place. He gritted his teeth as the force gets stronger and his wings beat faster. Both forces acting on his body made him feel like he was going to be flattened by his own power. This is why I don’t like to use this. He mumbles as he released the energy at the Parasite, he himself thrown backwards by the immense force. The light passes through the Parasite yet again, blasting an even bigger hole than before.

“Whoo!” Yunho cheered as he kicked his skeletal opponent in the face. The other skeletons were slowly fading away into dust due to the reduced power of their master.

The Parasite roared again as it reaches towards the hole in its abdomen. This time, it was not closing up. It raised its arms, both straight out beside it. Then it clenched its fists and roared yet again.

“What-“ There was a loud rumbling coming from all around them.

The forest” Changmin looked around and saw dark creatures charging towards the mansion. As there reached the perimeter they dissolved into dust. The dust rose and spiraled around the Parasite. The hole in his abdomen began to close.

“He has both Jinki’s and Taemin’s power in him just by absorbing Taemin’s life energy.” Changmin called out. “He will destroy this whole place!”

Kibum looked back in horror as more and more creatures were coming towards the mansion.

“Ah!” Yunho cried out as the skeleton soldiers came back to life and returned to battle.

All seemed hopeless. Neither Changmin nor Kibum knew what to do.

“Changmin! Cover me!” Minho yelled and they all turned to see him spiraling from the distance. He was using the same method as they used with the sphere.

“Minho! What are you doing? This isn’t going to work!”

“Just do it!” Changmin point his staff at Minho and a stream of dark energy wrapped around him. As Minho came close to the giant monster, as if he was one of the dark dust particles, he was absorbed into the Parasite’s body.

“Minho!” Kibum cried out as the white light vanished into the darkness.

“Wait we need to get him out! I don’t think that’s what he planned on happening..” Kibum was about to rush forward when Changmin grabbed onto him with a spell.

“What are you doing? We need to-“ Changmin floated up beside the struggling Kibum. “We have other things to worry about right now. I Believe he knows what he is doing. Come on” Changmin grabbed hold of Kibum and dodged just as the Parasite swung his fist in the air, missing them by about an inch.

Yunho was fighting soldiers left, rigt, infront of and behind him. “Argh, so many of them..” He spun his sword over his head and stabbed another skeleton right in the chest behind him. As he pulled out, crystal arrows begin to fly over his head.

“You are finally back! About time!” Yunho called out to Changmin who was once again pointing his staff into the air, sending batches of arrows in all directions. Kibum darted across the sky, sending small white birds into the sky around him and forming a circle around the Parasite’s head. When a full circle is formed, Kibum raises his hands and clenched his fists. The birds screeched loudly before diving at the Parasite’s skull. Piercing through metal and breaking the bones underneath.

“Ngh..” Taemin slowly opened his eyes and felt that his whole body was screaming in pain. Where is this? Where is Minho..? He sat up slowly and looked around him. He is at a collapsed house? This place.. a dark world? There were flashes of images running through his head. Images of him actually spending time in this place. But. it did not look like this. He took a closer look at his surroundings. He noticed a lot of bright light coming from his left. When he turned to his right he noticed a dark figure slumped against the tree.

"Ah!" He felt a sharp pain through his head but he when he looked up again he realized who it was.

“Jinki…?”