Chapter 1

Pure White Within

"What's your problem?!"

"YOU! What time do you think it is? Why are you back so late?"

"I was busy!"

"You're always busy!"

Minho flung the door open and stormed pass his parents, into his room and slammed his bedroom door shut. He collapsed onto his bed and sighed deeply. They were always quarrelling, he wished they would stop but they always had something to quarrel about. He had too much to cope with already.. Pulling out his test paper, the conversation he had with his teacher wouldn't stop replaying in his mind.

Minho-ssi.. What is this? What happened? You have always been our top student. 

I'm sorry, Mrs. Lee..

I don't want to hear "sorry", Minho-ssi. Please try to improve.

Yes ma'am

"Aish!" He groaned in frustration as he threw the paper onto his table. Everything started to go down hill after his brother suddenly vanished from his life. No one had any idea where he disappeared to. As his dong saeng, Minho and his hyung had always been best of friends, doing everything together; playing, growing up. When he went missing, everyone he knew was affected, his parents began quarrelling over the littlest of things; his friends were at a lost as they loved the company of the bright and cheerful man; but out of all, Minho was affected the most. His grades dropped, his usual cheerfulness seeped away and his smile stopped glowing like how it used to.

Minho turned and stared at the photo he took with his hyung just a week before he disappeared

"Hyung.. Where are you? I miss you so much.." a lone tear slipped from the corner of his eye and rolled down his cheek. The photo brought back the memories he shared with his hyung. He couldn't stop the tears that began to flow from his eyes. Just as he heard a loud slam of the front door, he broke down and sobbed painfully into his pillow.

"Hyung.. How could you leave me behind in this? You said you would always be here.." he mumbled between sobs. He trashed around in his bed, venting his frustration.

"I hate this! I hate you, hyung!" He reached up and hit the metal post of his bed, causing the four-poster bed to vibrate dangerously. A stinging pain shot through his arm as he fell back onto his bed, breath shuddering as he cried earnestly.

Just then he heard gentle rustle of wings, he didn't have the energy to care but a soft 'tap tap' caught his attention and he spun around, alarmed by the foreign sound.

His cheek came in contact with a soft warm hand, so comforting that it temporarily took all his worries away. He looked up, whatever it was, it was emitting a bright light.

"Minho.." his name came in a gentle whisper.

The light dimmed as the figure folded his wings.

Wait.. Wings?

It revealed a handsome young man with white-blonde hair, short yet enough to reach his eyes. Milky white skin, smooth with a gentle glow. His slim frame covered by white shirt and pants. His face was handsome yet had traces that bring him under beautiful as well. Deep brown eyes that sparkle under the light, sweet pink lips and soft round cheeks.

The part about this incredible man that caught Minho's attention was the wings that were beginning to disappear behind the man.

"You are.. an-"

The hand on his cheek slid down to his lips to stop him, causing his heart to skip a beat.

"Shh.." and the next thing he felt was a pair of lips landing gently on his forehead with a kiss, the touch caused him to close his eyes. He heard yet another rustle wings and when he open his eyes, the beautiful man was gone, replaced by a small bottle of golden liquid on Minho's lap with a small note:

"My name is Taemin"

~ ~ ~

Minho couldn't figure out what really happened that evening. He kept the little bottle with him wherever he went, taking it out whenever he had time to look for any clues to find this mysterious 'Taemin". He sat in his room the next day, observing the golden liquid like how he did the whole day. He didn't know what made him do it, but he whispered out "Taemin" and again he heard the rustle of wings, causing him to look up eagerly.

To his delight, a bright ball of light flew in through the window and formed up into his mysterious man sitting before him on his bed. Taemin smiled widely and reached up to touch Minho's face like how he did the other day.

"You're not crying today." his voice was soft and warm like his touch, melting all worries away.

"Come here.." Taemin spread out his arms, inviting Minho into his embrace.

Minho hesitated and asked, "Why are you being so nice to me when we don't really.. know each other.."

Taemin chuckled " You don't know me" he pointed at himself, "but I know you well enough to know that you deserve this. You never knew how my touch is supposed to be a blessing? Poor you.." and he pat his chest lightly,

"Come here."

Minho couldn't help but obey, he felt safe with Taemin and that feeling made him crawl across the bed towards this mysterious person. He placed his arms around the other's waist and awkwardly leaned his head against Taemin's chest, blushing slightly at the closeness. He was warm. Minho wasn't sure if he should have been expecting a heart beat, but he heard it. A steady rhythm beating within a firm chest, flat yet strong.

"How do you know me?"

Taemin gently placed his chin on Minho's head and he draped his arms around his waist, causing Minho to blush harder and his heart beat quickened.

"Because I watch you everyday."

"Watch me? Why?"

"I am your guardian.."

"Have you always been or did it start.. sometime?"

"Hmm.. Let's say it started earlier this year."

Minho looked up at him curiously, " Meaning?"

"When we come of age, we will be sent to help the suffereing mortals.. Those who deserve better.."

"You chose me? Why?"

"You have many questions.. When I saw you with your brother, I couldn't take my eyes off you. I couldn't stop watching and as the days passed, the urge to get to really know you grew.. Then it came to the day when your brother left.. and it breaks my heart to see you suffer everyday.. so I came without permission..."

"You saw my brother? Do you know where is he? Is he alright?"

Minho sat  up abrupty and looking eagerly into Taemin's eyes. Taemin merely gave him a sad smile and pulled him back down.

"He will be.."

"What do you mean?"

"He is alive."

"And? What do you mean 'He will be'?"

"I can't tell you now.. You will find out sooner or later.. though I hope you won't have to.." there was a trace of fear in his voice that scared Minho but he was afraid he had asked too many questions.

".. Taemin?"

"Hmm?"

"You came without permission?"

"Yes..  I'm not supposed to reveal myself to you until the day you.. move on.. but as long as they don't find out.. which means you can't tell anyone else about me." and he placed a finger over Minho's lips, the simple touch sent electric currents through Minho's blood stream, a tingling sensation.

"Oh.. Alright, I will keep you my little secret."

"Because you want me to stay by your side, right? Like this?" He wrapped his arms around Minho and hugged him.

Minho blushed furiously and gave a defiant look, attempting to push him away. " Not like this!"

" Oh really?" he begin to let go slowly, "Well alright.."

Minho looked up and pouted at the other with wide sad eyes, making him laugh and reply , " I know you want me here.." 

The mortal huffed and sat up. " Are you even allowed to speak like that? How old are you?"

Taemin looked at him with curious eyes, "Me? Well I never really cared- my age? Ahh.. Should I say I'm.. hundred fifty divide by.. hmm about 19?"

"Aha! I'm older than you are! I am the hyung!" Minho cheered and reached up to ruffle Taemin's hair cheekily.

This time it was Taemin's turn to pout and blush. "If only I could count how many years I have actually been around.." he mumbled through his pout. Minho found it really cute and he blushed at the thought.

'Cute? How can I think that?! Taemin is.. obviously male.. it's so strange to think so but.. what if I like him? Choi Minho! It's the second day you met this.. should I say person?'

As he was thinking hard, he felt the famliar warmth trace the side of his face, along his jawline.

" I need to go, someone is expecting me, I would love to stay but I must not be late or worse, absent."

"Will you come back?"

His fingers lifted Minho's face and he leaned in, blowing gently against his cheeks. Minho felt a warmth spread across his body, as if sent to protect him and he felt safe.

"I will for you. If you call."

And with a sudden gust of wind, he was gone. 

First story, first chapter. Hope you liked it. :)