Chapter 4 - Cute Waiter

Listen to Your Heart

“Yah, you don’t have to yank your finger off. I’m just asking. People nowadays don’t care which finger they put their rings as accessories” I shrugged.

“But... but.. this is not an accessory” Mi Na mumbled out the words.

“Oh yea. Duh…. of course. What do people call it? Couple rings right?” Mi Na shook her head.

“Aigoo, there’s no need to be embarrassed. I understand. A girl like you must have a lot of admirers lining up” I joked. She became redder and she was still trying to pull the ring off.

“It’s a wedding ring” she blurted. Mwo? A wedding ring? She got to be kidding me.

“Omo, Mi Na. I didn’t think that you got humour in you. Stop joking around. This young and already married?” I hit her back to show that I got her joke but she shook her head again to show that she’s serious.

“Mwo? Oh! I see… an engagement ring aight? You should say that earlier”

“Aniyo. It’s a wedding ring” she said firmly. Grrr… she won’t give up will she?

“Mi Na, you’re still 17 and in high school. To say that you’re married is totally ridiculous and preposterous. If it’s an engagement ring it’s more convincing” I glowered at her. I must looked mean to her because she cringed but I refuse to believe what she had said. Seriously, if what she said is true then it means that we’re like those in the olden age then, getting married when you reach at a certain young age. If she’s married then I’m a mother of two kids named Minwoo and Min Young.

“but… but… it’s the tru-” Mi Na stuttered.

“Do Re Mi Fa So La La La La La La~ (changes to Big Bang’s My Heaven tune)” I covered my ears and cut her off so that I wouldn’t have to argue with her anymore. Mi Na realised that I wouldn’t listen so she drop the subject. She pouted and sulk in silence.

“Hey Jooyeon! What’s up and who’s this?” a girl with brown hair and creamy pale skin approached me. Her pale pink lips stretch into a smile so wide you couldn’t help smiling back at her. Yoomi is the only girl who isn't afraid of me and scurried away when I 'glared' at her. In fact, she likes my glaring expression, insisting that I looked cute when I did that. Another weird girl to add into my list =..=

“Yoomi! Late again? This is Kim Mi Na, a new student from Japan. Mi Na, this is Lee Yoomi” I introduced. Like I said, Yoomi’s smile is contagious that even Mi Na who is pouting just now broke into a smile.

“Japan? Nice~ Konnichiwa! Watashi wa Yoomi-chan. Please take care of me” she winked and did a bow. Mi Na giggled at her bubbly introduction.

“Hai. You can speak Japanese too like Jooyeon?” Mi Na asked Yoomi curiously.

“Hanging out with her” Yoomi eyed me up and down as if mocking me “you WILL learn at least two or more Japanese phrases. I’m gonna let you in a secret, Jooyeon here actually li… mmpphh… hmmph…” her sentence was muffled because I clamped with my hands. This girl wanted a death wish does she? I convey the message as I glare at her. She raised her arms in surrender.

“Jooyeon, please tell me you washed your hands after recess and when you went to the toilet” Yoomi said in a half serious half joking tone.

“Hmmm. I don’t know. I did after recess but I’m not sure about the second statement. I don’t think I did” at that same moment Yoomi’s head snapped towards me and Mi Na was grossed out to what I’ve just said.

Before Yoomi’s hand reach around my neck to strangle me I quickly finished my sentence “because I haven’t go to the toilet” and crossed my arms in front of me to defend myself from Yoomi’s wrath.

----

[Mi Na’s POV]

First day of school wasn’t as bad as I dreaded it to be. Hey Mina, I found an uljjang in school but he’s clearly off limit since it’s obvious who his eyes always look at. Well, all guys are off limit right now =..= but it wouldn’t hurt to watch some eye candy right? Kekekeke~

Yoomi and Jooyeon invited me to go shopping, which I gladly accepted of course, and maybe have a little ‘welcome to Korea’ party. Just the three of us so that’s why I’m sitting here at the back of Yoomi’s car since she’s the only who can drive but she haven’t get her license since she’s still under age so kids, don’t do this at home!

We went around for some window shopping and occasionally went into some of the stores. We stopped for tea in a cafe called ‘Clover’.

“Jooyeon, look! They have a job vacancy in here” Yoomi squealed and tugged Jooyeon’s sleeve. Jooyeon gave her an annoyed expression but looked at the help wanted ad that is pasted on the glass near the door.

“Yea, but there’s only ONE. You said you wanted to get a part-time job together” Jooyeon said.

“Yeh, but there’s an opportunity to work together with that cute waiter” Yoomi wiggled her eyebrows at Jooyeon. I laughed at her silly expression and half expect Jooyeon to glare at her. She was deep in thought.

“I wished they have two vacancies” Jooyeon finally said. Are the waiters here really cute that the I-really-disagree-that-KimJaeJoong-looks-hot Jooyeon is smitten too? In that case I’ll visit here often Kekekeke~ ^3^

"Mi Na, if you wanna know, this cafe is one of the place where you can see a lot of delicious eye candies" Yoomi winked at me. I scanned the cafe to see most of the customers are girls, specifically high school girls, and most of them working here are waiters instead of waitresses. Definitely eye candy heaven ♥o♥

A waiter came to take our orders when Yoomi and Jooyeon’s chatter died away. My eyes bulged to see that same cute face that is serving us.

“Inseok-sshi. What are you doing here?” I asked him. Yoomi and Jooyeon looked at me incredulously. Before Inseok could reply me, Yoomi whispered to my ear

“Mi Na! How do you know the cafe’s top cute waiter?! Aren’t you new around here?” funny how she refer him but I couldn’t agree more.

“Mi Na-chi, are these your cute school friends?” Inseok beamed cutely. I gave him a single nod.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Hwang Inseok and may I take your order?” he smiled again politely. Oh right, he’s working right now. Yoomi, I guess she couldn’t take it anymore when I ignored her question earlier, blurted out

“How did you two know each other?” Inseok was taken aback from her direct question.

“We met in a wedding” Inseok winked at me. We gave him our orders and when he’s out of earshot Yoomi and Jooyeon shot me a look that means business. Omma please save me! Especially from that look Jooyeon gave me that goes from a glare to a confuse expression then a light bulb dinged above her head.

“So what you were telling me in music class was true” Jooyeon gasped.

“Huh? What’s true?” Yoomi asked in confusion. I’m with you girl, what did she mean by that? I gave her a blank look.

“You are married! To Hwang Inseok!”